Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How do you imagine the future life of all your Stones related stuff?
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:06

From time to time I think about it myself. What will my children and grandchildren do with all my Stones stuff? Vinyls, cds, photos, books, magazines etc. Will they end in a box or what? First generation will probably keep it as it is but what about the next ones? Maybe the older IORRians have made some thoughts about it.And by the way, who's the oldest among us?

Re: How do you imagine the future life of all your Stones related stuff?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:09

Should we set up beneficiaries so that as the oldest IORRians die, their collections pass down to the next oldest and so on? Sounds like a good idea. There's a Mr. Lawyer that Gazza knows who might be able to help us.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:10

i've asked that my body and all my worldly possessions be discarded in the nearest trash receptacle

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:16

Rocky Dijon
Should we set up beneficiaries so that as the oldest IORRians die, their collections pass down to the next oldest and so on? Sounds like a good idea. There's a Mr. Lawyer that Gazza knows who might be able to help us.
Mmmmm....never thought it that way. You must be much older than me..

Date: May 12, 2011 18:30

Undoubtedly, but be patient. Think how much stuff we'll have accumulated by the time you get your share.

Date: May 12, 2011 18:36

Mr. Lawyer! had forgotten about that guy! what a cartoon character! always had fun with him on the various boards....he's still around?

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:45

Date: May 12, 2011 21:48

StonesTod
Mr. Lawyer! had forgotten about that guy! what a cartoon character! always had fun with him on the various boards....he's still around?

Some might even suggest he is a man of many guises.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 12, 2011 23:13

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 12, 2011 23:22

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: May 12, 2011 23:25

In my will I actually specified who will get my Stones collection when I walk that final Moonlight Mile

Date: May 13, 2011 00:05

cookwazzahoe
In my will I actually specified who will get my Stones collection when I walk that final Moonlight Mile

no kidding?

hmmm...maybe someone actually wants all this crap of mine? first bidder gets to be in my will...they get all my stones stuff and all my bills and debts, too....

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:07

Ebay, the money to benefit my animal charities.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 13, 2011 16:40

Funny this topic should come up because I've had this conversation with my best friend; her daughter is my Godchild, I have no kids, and I will designate where it's all to go. I hope some of it goes to a Stones library or maybe a place where fans from another generation can enjoy it. Bliss, I like your idea. If we have the time to decide enough in advance, that's a great idea because I would love to give the $$ to the Humane Society for our locat " cat room".

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2011 17:31

I have asked that it be buried at sea, in strict accordance with Muslim practices.

Date: May 13, 2011 17:43

71Tele
I have asked that it be buried at sea, in strict accordance with Muslim practices.

yeah, but you watch and i'll bet some of the family members throw a hissy fit....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 13, 2011 17:46

I'm still collecting. I can only talk about what I've known so far as it happens. To talk about the future is futile.

Oh wait. That sounds...oddly familiar.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2011 17:47

StonesTod
71Tele

yeah, but you watch and i'll bet some of the family members throw a hissy fit....

I wanted to leave my brain for Science, but was politely turned down.

Date: May 13, 2011 17:48

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele

I wanted to leave my brain for Science, but was politely turned down.

well, at least they were polite in YOUR case....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 13, 2011 17:48

I see my youngest son selling the Promotional Album, the Hot Rocks alternate
and the first UK LP with the short Tell Me on a flea market for 10 bucks.

eye popping smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 13, 2011 17:50

71Tele

I wanted to leave my brain for Science

I thought you already did that! grinning smiley

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: May 13, 2011 18:03

www.ebay.com

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 13, 2011 21:42

71Tele

Yeah and two weeks afte you've passed away MSNBC will broadcast a film of you hidden in your one-room apt. wathcing a vhs bootleg copy of L&G >grinning smiley<

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: May 13, 2011 23:39

StonesTod
cookwazzahoe

no kidding?

hmmm...maybe someone actually wants all this crap of mine? first bidder gets to be in my will...they get all my stones stuff and all my bills and debts, too....

Yup! No kidding. I'm leaving it all to my buddy's 19 yr old son, who I turned into a Stones fan when he was young.
And I know he wont put anything from it on ebay or something stupid!smiling smiley
He'll play all the music constantly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-13 23:40 by cookwazzahoe.

Date: May 13, 2011 23:43

cookwazzahoe
StonesTod
cookwazzahoe

no kidding?

Yup! No kidding. I'm leaving it all to my buddy's 19 yr old son, who I turned into a Stones fan when he was young.
And I know he wont put anything from it on ebay or something stupid!smiling smiley
He'll play all the music constantly

i'd watch your backside closely if i were you...19 year olds are unpredictable...

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: May 14, 2011 00:43

StonesTod

Ah yes, I think he's still a regular on the Stonesdoug Shidoobee board. (Been a while since I've been active there...) That guy CARES about the Stones. [And LOL, he cares NOT ONE BIT for the likes of U2 and Macca in particular. I'm guessing the fact that U2's current tour eclipsed the Stones' record for sales/attendance has put him over the edge.] Yes, he's great fun on the boards and knows and loves his Stones. And he could probably setup some kind of trust fund where our Stones stuff is distributed after our deaths, etc.

Date: May 14, 2011 01:19

rocker1
StonesTod

Ah yes, I think he's still a regular on the Stonesdoug Shidoobee board. (Been a while since I've been active there...) That guy CARES about the Stones. [And LOL, he cares NOT ONE BIT for the likes of U2 and Macca in particular. I'm guessing the fact that U2's current tour eclipsed the Stones' record for sales/attendance has put him over the edge.] Yes, he's great fun on the boards and knows and loves his Stones. And he could probably setup some kind of trust fund where our Stones stuff is distributed after our deaths, etc.

yeah...i seem to remember much bragging about her personal wealth....and then much regretting over his failed marriage....his ego trip is so far over the top that it's a marvel to behold.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 14, 2011 01:31

All of it is going with me in a viking funeral.

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: May 14, 2011 09:16

Massimo68

Okay ... who took a pic of all my Stones stuff?? ;-)

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 14, 2011 11:19

Bliss
Ebay, the money to benefit my animal charities.

Great idea !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home