Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: January 19, 2015 04:08

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 15:33 by camper88.

Re: Keith Richards: The One Woman Show
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 19, 2015 06:21

Looks great camper! Theater at it's best, yes, I'd check it out given the opportunity. Sounds like she is making good fun at us fans, and if ya can't laugh at yourself......

peace

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 19, 2015 06:59

Naturalust
Looks great camper! Theater at it's best, yes, I'd check it out given the opportunity. Sounds like she is making good fun at us fans, and if ya can't laugh at yourself......

peace

You really have a great attitude, Naturalust...I admit to skepticism, but, sure, what the heck -- it would probably be fun if you were with fun people! smiling smiley

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: January 19, 2015 07:04

Thanks for sharing! thumbs up

---------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 19, 2015 07:24

I heard she had to have a blood transfusion in order to be able to do this.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 19, 2015 09:00

Cute girl. She looks more like Mick Jagger though...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 19, 2015 09:26

She does indeed look (and move) a lot more like Mick.
I rawther doubt we're the ones she hopes will attend.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: January 19, 2015 15:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 15:33 by camper88.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 19, 2015 17:06

Am I the only one that thought this thread was going to be about Keith on Broadway playing 'Brenda'?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 19, 2015 17:12

and am I the only one who thought the show should be called The Keith Monologues...

Posted by: erad ()
Date: January 19, 2015 17:20

Only watched the first vid, but she has the jagger moves down.

Date: January 19, 2015 17:24

duke richardson
and am I the only one who thought the show should be called The Keith Monologues...

you can be such a c___

Date: January 19, 2015 17:51

that is cunning of you..

Date: January 19, 2015 17:53

duke richardson
that is cunning of you..

I'm a dedicated linguist.

Date: January 19, 2015 17:57

treaclefingers
duke richardson
that is cunning of you..

...thought my day was going to go without laughter..

rotfl

grinning smiley

Date: January 19, 2015 18:10

duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson
that is cunning of you..

...thought my day was going to go without laughter..

rotfl

grinning smiley

That is to be avoided at all costs. cool smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 19, 2015 19:10

Will they have this show in London?

I once stayed up for 5 days but never again.

I don't know how on earth Keith did 9 days awake.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 19, 2015 19:14

Nate

I don't know how on earth Keith did 9 days awake.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

He didn't count the nods. winking smiley

peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 19, 2015 22:19

I don't know how on earth Keith did 9 days awake

only his nose knows ....

ROCKMAN

Keith Richards' life presented in one woman play
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 26, 2015 09:55

This sounds bizarre. Story from the Calgary Herald, Jan 24 2015.

Production explores drama of Keith Richards through one 'crazed' female fan
Mike Bell, Calgary Herald More from Mike Bell, Calgary Herald

Published on: January 24, 2015Last Updated: January 24, 2015 1:36 PM MST
Deanna Jones stars in The Keith Richards One Woman Show.

Deanna Jones stars in The Keith Richards One Woman Show.

He’s one of the few whose name conjures an image, a living and somehow still breathing caricature.

What that image is, though, probably depends on you, your relation to him, when you first came to know him.

Original rock ’n’ roll rebel. Genius songwriter and guitarist. Whacked-out, walking science experiment. Mumbling pirate.

Deanna Jones offers another.

“We always like to joke that we see him as this one way but he could be just sitting at home folding his towels,” the actress and playwright says and laughs.

Well, fortunately that’s not the one she chose to spotlight in her production The Keith Richards One Woman Show, which she brings to the Royal Canadian Legion No. 1 beginning Tuesday as part of One Yellow Rabbit’s High Performance Rodeo.

The show, which actually also features one man, musician Kevin Richardson who provides the score featuring variations of Stones/Richards/other material, explores the life of one-half of The Glimmer Twins, from his childhood to his fabled heroin bust in Toronto in 1977.

Jones plays Richards through the years, as well as other important figures from his life including Mick Jagger and the other members of The Rolling Stones, Gram Parsons and Anita Pallenberg. But the central figure in the story, or rather the way into the story of Keith Richards, is a superfan named Mona who’s on a week without sleep and is hallucinating/dreaming an interaction with her hero in a rowboat.

“It’s about this image of somebody,” says Jones, artistic director of St. Catharines theatre company Suitcase In Point.

“Just even in the beginning phase of getting into Keith Richards and researching, there really is this sense of these so many different images of him through his life.

“And there’s the (idea) that you hold somebody to whatever that celebrity is.”

Jones, obviously familiar with Richards but by no means a superfan, says the “spark of the idea” actually came from kitchen conversation she had with One Yellow Rabbit member Denise Clarke in 2010 after a Rabbit’s production in St. Catharines over a drink.

It then grew, over the years, from a brief clowning exercise and skit, to the full-length performance it now is. And while Richards’ almost mythological life has always remained the central focus, Jones says the way in, the device into that life has changed and evolved dramatically.

“I didn’t grow up in the ’60s, I didn’t grow up with the Stones, so this provided a different way into the story,” Jones says, noting various other incarnations were a “domesticated working woman living in a condo” and the mysterious “Blind Angel,” the young blind girl who allegedly spoke to the judge on Richards’ behalf during his sentencing in Toronto.

“It got a little bit convoluted in the beginning and now it’s straight-up fandom; straight-up celebrity is our way in with Mona. She’s just a crazed, crazed fan.”

Again, that superfan helps the audience connect with someone who has become an almost fictional character thanks to a life that’s been “so rich and so full of drama.”

That’s why Jones says one of the challenges and, hopefully, successes of her show is making the subject a relatable human being, while still paying tribute to all of the stories and excesses that make Keef truly Keef.

“I think by in some cases exaggerating the ridiculous or exaggerating the clown or exaggerating the images of Keith Richards, at the end of the day you can come back to he’s a human being, he’s a flawed human being,” she says.

He still is Keith Richards, though, meaning that there are actual, real-life Monas out there who can separate the man from the myth or, more importantly, know the minutia of his life.

Jones says she met some when they were testing the show in bars around the Niagara region, which helped her and Richardson reach the non-traditional theatregoers among them.

“There is, there is an expectation that I am some type of total expert,” she saying, noting Richardson actually is and helped her with the research and details, also helping to fill the show and set with little details or clues for the diehard fans.

“Sometimes (fans) will show up and they’ll say, ‘I expected this to be a piece of s—t,’” she says and laughs. “And after, leaving, they’ll say, ‘You guys did a great job.’ ”

Of course, the one expert they’ve yet to hear from but would love to is the man, the myth, the legend himself. Jones says they’ve reached out via Facebook postings and other means but to no reply. Yet.

“I always like to fantasize that one day Keith will pop up in the audience,” she says, taking the fantasy even further.

“Or having the lights go black and then come up, and there’s Keith sitting in the boat, the actual Keith. Ah, it would be so cool.”

The Keith Richards One Woman Show runs Tuesday through Saturday at the Royal Canadian Legion #1 as part of One Yellow Rabbit’s High Performance Rodeo.

[calgaryherald.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-26 09:58 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Keith Richards' life presented in one woman play
Date: January 26, 2015 10:06

.... I bet this Keef has a tiny todger

ROCKMAN

Date: January 26, 2015 10:07

Butt Butt seriously.....

[www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Date: January 26, 2015 11:17

Silver Dagger
Of course, the one expert they’ve yet to hear from but would love to is the man, the myth, the legend himself.
Jones says they’ve reached out via Facebook postings and other means but to no reply. Yet.
“I always like to fantasize that one day Keith will pop up in the audience,” she says, taking the fantasy even further.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said it's not iorrians this is aimed at attracting.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: January 26, 2015 11:28

Sorry, I'm extremely skeptical that this production is even remotely interesting for anyone.

Date: January 26, 2015 11:30

.....please don't be sorry ...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 26, 2015 12:40

Rockman
.....please don't be sorry ...

truly

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 26, 2015 13:28

Apologies to Keef but the idea that, in 2015, a young person might idolize him to the point of wanting to look like him is a bit passé.

It was ok in the 70's and 80's but now...? confused smiley

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: January 26, 2015 14:49

No thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home