Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and Keith in 1972 Italian art film
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 22, 2015 10:04

Umano Non Umano (Human Not Human) is an Italian art film (released in 1972, but shot in 1969) produced by Mario Schifano in which Keith plays a Moog synthesizer.

Sam Umland, a professor of English at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, discusses the early analog Moog sequencer the Rolling Stones purchased as a group on September 3, 1968 and what became of it:

"Apparently at the time the idea was that Mick was going to use the Moog synthesizer 'as his instrument in the band'. As is well known, Mick Jagger did not take up the synthesizer. "But, according to Pinch and Trocco (Analog Days: The Invention and Impact of the Moog Synthesizer; Harvard University Press, 2002), the Moog synthesizer originally purchased by the Stones lived on: 'It was sold on to the Hansa by the Wall recording studio in Berlin, where in 1973 Christoph Franke of Tangerine Dream purchased it for $15,000. The Moog sequencer became the defining element of Tangerine Dream’s sound, and the Moog became an enduring influence on the many waves of German electronic music in the 1970s.'"

From Sam Umland's blog The Man From Moog at: [www.60x50.com]

The Moog was used as a prop in the movie Performance (a Moog Series III modular synthesizer), the first feature film to show a Moog synthesizer.

In Schifano's film, Mick also mimes to Street Fighting Man, followed by the Keith clip again, which starts at 3:30.

In the full film, Mick appears at 35:57, and Keith is shown at 1:01:17.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-22 10:24 by stonehearted.

Re: Mick and Keith in 1972 Italian art film
Posted by: Plink ()
Date: January 22, 2015 13:02

Wow... that mimed SFM was just WEIRD confused smiley! It’s as if Mick was directed to move as unlike Jagger as possible – not a good idea!. On the other hand, I found the Keith Moog footage mesmerizing (and, if I may be so shallow, he looked fantastic in it). Thanks for posting!thumbs up

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: January 22, 2015 13:49

Its shows Keith not having a clue what he is doing. The audio and footage do not relate.

Date: January 22, 2015 13:54

fuzzbox
Its shows Keith not having a clue what he is doing. The audio and footage do not relate.

It's artistic. Keith is not playing anything.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: January 22, 2015 14:03

fuzzbox

The fact that the sound does not corrrelate to what he is doing is one of the reasons I find it interesting (that, and the fact that he looks quite fetching in it - did I mention that already ? Oh right, I did spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: January 22, 2015 14:06

DandelionPowderman
Keith is not playing anything.

The Moog probably wasn't even switched on. >grinning smiley<

Date: January 22, 2015 14:09

fuzzbox
DandelionPowderman
Keith is not playing anything.

The Moog probably wasn't even switched on. >grinning smiley<

grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1355
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home