Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What was the ' Biggest Mistake Of Your Life ' ?
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 12, 2011 02:41

Nice Tele! So there is hope.....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 12, 2011 03:00

Here is a bit of useless information: 14 of 30 threads on this page (1) are non Stones related. I wonder what that tells us?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:08

Stoneage
Here is a bit of useless information: 14 of 30 threads on this page (1) are non Stones related. I wonder what that tells us?
Stoneage..It tells us that just over 50% of Rolling Stones fans ought to be a bit more careful next time..smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-12 04:12 by colonial.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:14

lettingitbleed

Tele, and Hope?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:47

Stoneage

Stoneage..It tells us that there's no such thing as the perfect Rolling Stones fan..not like The Rolling Stones themselves who can do no wrong..smoking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:54

lettingitbleed

Yes, hope for us all...

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 12, 2011 05:25

Getting married. By a long shot.

Date: May 12, 2011 05:52

Are we suppose to be serious here? If so, then here we go.

My Senior year of High School (West Seattle High School 1969 -1970) was nothing but a series of mistakes from beginning to end that forever changed my life. My parents were separated as the school year began in September.

As the year began I was the starting Quarterback on a team that was picked to win the Southern Division of the Metro League here in Seattle. Soon after the season began I began dating a beautiful young hispanic girl by the name of Callie Lynn Garcia who was the secretary of our student government at West Seattle High. She would later become West Seattle Hi Yu Queen before becoming Seattle's first hispanic Seafair Queen in 1971. Callie was my first true love and we got along fantastically, however, my ego (thought I was Joe Namath) and stupidity, (self destructive behavior) would eventually end our relationship.

The football season soon turned disastrous, I was injured, then eventually benched, although I got sweet redemption in the final game of the season going out in style with one last great performance that ultimately proved to be the final football game I would ever play. Instead of showing up at the local Herfy's hamburger joint after that final game to celebrate with Callie and my teammates I pulled "a Joe Namath" and decided to be a "no show" instead opting to spend the night with a buddy getting intoxicated. This was step one in a series of self defeating decisions that would lead to changing the course of my life forever.

Continuing to self destruct throughout my senior year I came up one credit short of graduating forcing me to return to school the following year. A year later I took a job with the City of Seattle and did hard physical labor for thirty years before earning a meager retirement about ten years ago. Callie went on to college and became a teacher in the Mount Vernon school district here in the State of Washington eventually getting her Masters degree in pursuit of achieving her dream of becoming a school principal. Sadly, she was murdered by her husband in a murder suicide on November 11, 1986.

Today, I am married to a wonderful woman who I love very much, yet every time I pass by Callie's family home (less than a mile from where I live today) or go by the places we used to hang out, I am still moved to tears, over dreams lost.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 12, 2011 06:32

Stoneage
You have too much time on your hands?eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: May 12, 2011 06:35

sweetcharmedlife
Stoneage
You have too much time on your hands?eye rolling smiley

Somebody add an OT to this thread, please.

Date: May 12, 2011 08:10

stonescrow
lettingitbleed

Tele, and Hope?

I am a very positive and hopeful human.

Date: May 12, 2011 08:13

stonescrow

My Senior year of High School (West Seattle High School 1969 -1970) was nothing but a series of mistakes from beginning to end that forever changed my life. My parents were separated as the school year began in September.

As the year began I was the starting Quarterback on a team that was picked to win the Southern Division of the Metro League here in Seattle. Soon after the season began I began dating a beautiful young hispanic girl by the name of Callie Lynn Garcia who was the secretary of our student government at West Seattle High. She would later become West Seattle Hi Yu Queen before becoming Seattle's first hispanic Seafair Queen in 1971. Callie was my first true love and we got along fantastically, however, my ego (thought I was Joe Namath) and stupidity, (self destructive behavior) would eventually end our relationship.

The football season soon turned disastrous, I was injured, then eventually benched, although I got sweet redemption in the final game of the season going out in style with one last great performance that ultimately proved to be the final football game I would ever play. Instead of showing up at the local Herfy's hamburger joint after that final game to celebrate with Callie and my teammates I pulled "a Joe Namath" and decided to be a "no show" instead opting to spend the night with a buddy getting intoxicated. This was step one in a series of self defeating decisions that would lead to changing the course of my life forever.

Continuing to self destruct throughout my senior year I came up one credit short of graduating forcing me to return to school the following year. A year later I took a job with the City of Seattle and did hard physical labor for thirty years before earning a meager retirement about ten years ago. Callie went on to college and became a teacher in the Mount Vernon school district here in the State of Washington eventually getting her Masters degree in pursuit of achieving her dream of becoming a school principal. Sadly, she was murdered by her husband in a murder suicide on November 11, 1986.

Today, I am married to a wonderful woman who I love very much, yet every time I pass by Callie's family home (less than a mile from where I live today) or go by the places we used to hang out, I am still moved to tears, over dreams lost.

Wow, what a story...You're in Seattle too, Stonescrow? I used to live off California in West Seattle (Capitol Hill at the moment). Hang in there, buddy.

Date: May 12, 2011 09:00

71Tele
stonescrow
lettingitbleed

Tele, and Hope?

I know, just pullin ya chain a little bit. You and Gazza, the two voices of reason around here.smiling smiley

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:01

stonescrow, my heart goes out to you. The "what-ifs" of life can suffocate us. Who knows what would have happened if you had gotten together with her? Maybe good, maybe bad. Thank God you have a loving wife. I pray you can move ahead, even after all these years.

My daughter and son-in-law lived in West Seattle for a while, but now all of us across the sound.

Take care.

Date: May 12, 2011 09:06

71Tele
stonescrow

Wow, what a story...You're in Seattle too, Stonescrow? I used to live off California in West Seattle (Capitol Hill at the moment). Hang in there, buddy.

Thanks mate, true story. Grew up on Victoria Ave, just above Salty's on Alki. Saw the Space Needle go up 50 years ago, piece by piece. Saw the Beatles fishing from the Edgewater Inn with my neighbors telescope.

Date: May 12, 2011 09:18

DaveG
stonescrow, my heart goes out to you. The "what-ifs" of life can suffocate us. Who knows what would have happened if you had gotten together with her? Maybe good, maybe bad. Thank God you have a loving wife. I pray you can move ahead, even after all these years.

My daughter and son-in-law lived in West Seattle for a while, but now all of us across the sound.

Take care.

Thank you so much, mate. Strange, I have been grieving her death more today than ever. I walk by her family home just about every morning these days. Have some classmates that are trying to locate her daughter who I have never met, hopefully, I will meet her some day soon.

One Love. Gold Rings On Ya. as Keith would say.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:21

A tough, touching story, stonescrow. Put me out of words, actually.

- Doxa

Date: May 12, 2011 10:12

Doxa
A tough, touching story, stonescrow. Put me out of words, actually.

- Doxa

Thanks, mate. Despite making many stupid decisions in my life I have really been blessed down through the years. I try not to be to hard on myself for the poor decisions I made at 18 years old, not to put the blame on my parents, but kids at that age need direction and when there isn't any things can go wrong that sometimes have lifetime consequences.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 12, 2011 17:04

Trusting a hippie

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:01

Moving to the South!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 12, 2011 18:17

Seattleheads!

Now this is way OT OT:

I was just in Seattle two weeks ago and after the Stones, my second obsession is food. I went to a great little place in West Seattle on California ave: Spring Hill. It is a neighborhood gem. Best place I have been to there would have to be Spur Gastropub in Belltown. Amazing!

Date: May 12, 2011 18:58

stonescrow
71Tele
stonescrow
lettingitbleed

Tele, and Hope?

I know, just pullin ya chain a little bit. You and Gazza, the two voices of reason around here.smiling smiley

Thanks. Nice to compared to Gazza. Think of me as the crankier Gazza.

Date: May 12, 2011 19:01

lettingitbleed
Seattleheads!

Now this is way OT OT:

I was just in Seattle two weeks ago and after the Stones, my second obsession is food. I went to a great little place in West Seattle on California ave: Spring Hill. It is a neighborhood gem. Best place I have been to there would have to be Spur Gastropub in Belltown. Amazing!

Glad you liked our fair city, Hope you got some decent weather. Lots of great restaurants in Seattle. Next time try Mashiko on California Ave. in West Seattle. The guy does sustainable sushi. Best sushi I've had outside of Japan.

Date: May 12, 2011 21:42

71Tele
stonescrow
71Tele
stonescrow
lettingitbleed

Tele, and Hope?

Thanks. Nice to compared to Gazza. Think of me as the crankier Gazza.

Never found you to be cranky, mate. I am always looking for a miracle but the reality is that life doesn't always follow the script that we would have it follow.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 12, 2011 21:50

1995; getting married at 21 years old to a very beautiful woman. A woman who grew up asking for nothing, never having to work a day in her life. A woman who bore me no children, nor worked to help pay for things, but whose father had employed me so, you know, we were 'even' for her not working. A woman who made me give up music for 7 years.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:28

Getting married, ingoring the fact that all the signs were there that things would go south.

Posted by: mothra6655 ()
Date: May 13, 2011 01:00

RX

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home