Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Bruce Springsteen as Today
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 3, 2015 03:23

Just saw this youtube clip today

[www.youtube.com]

Is this how BS is today?

He can play his music, but this is terrible....

Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen as Today
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 3, 2015 03:29

What's wrong with it? confused smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 3, 2015 03:37

Terrible? I thought that was totally fun. Bruce is awesome, the E Street Band is great, the fans loved it. Man, I hope I get to see a show sometime. I have seen the Stones 10 times and have never been able to get a ticket to see Bruce Springsteen.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 3, 2015 04:41

It is ridiculous, It is a complete lousy way to please audience .....

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: January 3, 2015 04:41

That was actually one of the more enjoyable things I've seen in a while. I like how he let the girl keep the tambourine at the end, too.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 3, 2015 04:52

What's wrong with going off the script during a 3 1/2 hour show? Considering they don't have it rehearsed and in their set list they do a pretty good job. Tell me you wouldn't like to see the stones do this request thing for a song or two instead of the online votes for the three songs they want to do? Thumbs up. thumbs updrinking smileythumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-03 04:56 by mighty stork.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 3, 2015 04:53

Suddenly I'm getting the urge to go buy a triple cheese burger and pick-up truck with cow horns on the hood....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 3, 2015 04:58

Don't fight your urges Rockman lol.

Date: January 3, 2015 05:02

....BUT first I gotta pump some weights and get me ah real tight denim shirt

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2015 05:13

mtaylor

[www.youtube.com]

Is this how BS is today?

This is BS.

Date: January 3, 2015 05:47

BROWN SUGAR????

ROCKMAN

Date: January 3, 2015 06:20

I saw Bruce last May, and he was great! It was at an outdoor venue and sprinkling rain--he didn't stay on the stage, as certain performers might have-he used all of his catwalks that were set up, walked through the crowd, he even did 'Mary's Place' & did a banter in the middle of the song ("...Yeah, nothin' wrong with a little bit of rain!") )... Better concert experience in the song selection and length than the Stones, I must say!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-03 23:30 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Date: January 3, 2015 06:31

treaclefingers
mtaylor

[www.youtube.com]

Is this how BS is today?

This is BS.

BosS ?

Bruce Springsteen ?

Date: January 3, 2015 06:44

AAAAHHHHH how embarrassing Ahhhhhhhhhhhh BS was Broose Springteen ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 3, 2015 11:01

Rockman
Suddenly I'm getting the urge to go buy a triple cheese burger and pick-up truck with cow horns on the hood....

Date: January 3, 2015 15:45

Rockman

could still be...

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: January 3, 2015 16:03

I think it's great! Get down Bruce..

Date: January 3, 2015 21:20

Rockman

The last time I liked a Springsteen song I think it was the big one back in the 80s.

You know it I'm sure, "Jessie's Girl".

Date: January 3, 2015 22:15

Yep I know it ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 3, 2015 23:48

Can't see anyone else doing "Burning Love" except Mister Presley and I'll only listen to "Burning Love" as originally issued on an album. Elvis' live versions of "Burning Love" were terrible. Springsteen's version is also pretty pedestrian, closer to bad live Elvis than the energy of the recorded version. Springsteen's "Satisfaction", IMO, owes more to the Otis Redding version than the Stones version, which makes it a whole differebnt song. As for his having the little girl on stage, that's part of the Springsteen concerts these days, interacting with the audience and being a showman. He made that girl's night and gave her a memory to last forever. I will also give Bruce his props for the three hour long shows he still does and how he and the band sometimes do an entire album in sequence as part of the night's set list. We all wish the Stones would do one of their better albums in entirety as part of their show set.

In terms of music, heresy of heresy's, much as I love the Stones, I will flat out state that the E Street Band, again IMO, is a much better band overall than the Stones. Springsteen and the Stones play different types of rock music, but Springsteen and the E Street Band on a very good night are like, wow!!! They can't be touched. I offer as an example the following:

[www.youtube.com]

For treacle fingers, "Jesse's Girl" was done by Rick Springfield. "Jersey Girl", written by Tom Waits, was what Springsteen did. Here's a hit of "Jersey Girl" by Bruce.

[www.youtube.com]

Here's Tom Waits.

[www.youtube.com]

And, what the Hades, here's a song that sums up it all. Best fluckin' rock band and leader ever. Bruce, the Stones, et al, have a lot to learn from these folks.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 4, 2015 00:17

mighty stork
What's wrong with going off the script during a 3 1/2 hour show? Considering they don't have it rehearsed and in their set list they do a pretty good job. Tell me you wouldn't like to see the stones do this request thing for a song or two instead of the online votes for the three songs they want to do? Thumbs up. thumbs updrinking smileythumbs up

It is all scripted of course. They did the same with Chuck Berry you never can tell. All good, the crowd likes it so it's a good asset to the show. His intro act goes on a little too long in my opinion though.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 4, 2015 00:29

He was fantastic in 1978 & 1980. Saw 2 shows on both of those tours Things started to go downhill with Born in the USA, IMO. & I like that song. Most of rest of album not so much. He has his moments.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 4, 2015 00:47

I think it wasn't that bad.........people pay a lot of money nowadays for a ticket so a bit of entertaining is ok

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 4, 2015 01:30

NICOS
I think it wasn't that bad.........people pay a lot of money nowadays for a ticket so a bit of entertaining is ok

...and Bruce doesn't charge nearly as much money as some other acts we know...

Date: January 4, 2015 01:51

dmay
Can't see anyone else doing "Burning Love" except Mister Presley and I'll only listen to "Burning Love" as originally issued on an album. Elvis' live versions of "Burning Love" were terrible. Springsteen's version is also pretty pedestrian, closer to bad live Elvis than the energy of the recorded version. Springsteen's "Satisfaction", IMO, owes more to the Otis Redding version than the Stones version, which makes it a whole differebnt song. As for his having the little girl on stage, that's part of the Springsteen concerts these days, interacting with the audience and being a showman. He made that girl's night and gave her a memory to last forever. I will also give Bruce his props for the three hour long shows he still does and how he and the band sometimes do an entire album in sequence as part of the night's set list. We all wish the Stones would do one of their better albums in entirety as part of their show set.

In terms of music, heresy of heresy's, much as I love the Stones, I will flat out state that the E Street Band, again IMO, is a much better band overall than the Stones. Springsteen and the Stones play different types of rock music, but Springsteen and the E Street Band on a very good night are like, wow!!! They can't be touched. I offer as an example the following:

[www.youtube.com]

For treacle fingers, "Jesse's Girl" was done by Rick Springfield. "Jersey Girl", written by Tom Waits, was what Springsteen did. Here's a hit of "Jersey Girl" by Bruce.

[www.youtube.com]

Here's Tom Waits.

[www.youtube.com]

And, what the Hades, here's a song that sums up it all. Best fluckin' rock band and leader ever. Bruce, the Stones, et al, have a lot to learn from these folks.

[www.youtube.com]

Huh?!

I think I like Jessie's Girl better. Are you sure the dude that sung it isn't Bruce?

I'm pretty sure he hears them calling BRUCE!!

Date: January 4, 2015 02:23

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
I saw Bruce last May, and he was great! It was at an outdoor venue and sprinkling rain--he didn't stay on the stage, as certain performers might have-he used all of his catwalks that were set up, walked through the crowd, he even did 'Mary's Place' & did a banter in the middle of the song ("...Yeah, nothin' wrong with a little bit of rain!") )... Better concert experience in the song selection and length than the Stones, I must say!

Wait...what stones songs did he play?! Surely you don't mean his own songs.

Date: January 4, 2015 03:03

treaclefingers
dmay

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Here's Tom Waits.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Huh?!

I think I like Jessie's Girl better. Are you sure the dude that sung it isn't Bruce?

I'm pretty sure he hears them calling BRUCE!!

You are mistaken. This is the famous doctor

Noah Drake

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 4, 2015 04:07

Rockman
....BUT first I gotta pump some weights and get me ah real tight denim shirt

Who you girly man? Ha ha

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: January 4, 2015 05:18

Try this one on for size. May 2014 doing "Leavin' Train" from the Tracks box set. Never played live before. This was from Pittsburgh, PA. Did it both nights.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 4, 2015 06:08

trainarollin
Try this one on for size. May 2014 doing "Leavin' Train" from the Tracks box set. Never played live before. This was from Pittsburgh, PA. Did it both nights.

[www.youtube.com]

??? He was in Pittsburgh for one night in 2014... confused smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home