Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TECH HELP - Anybody using "Magic Jack" (or other devices) for phone connection? How are they?
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: May 7, 2011 02:29

I just got My Phone Bill in the mail (it's through the roof - over $400.00 !!! Some is business - have no choice on that) I need to get my costs down pronto. Anybody out there using MAGIC JACK or any other similar devices (I think they all use the internet instead of the normal phone line) and how do you like it/them? What do you recommend, what do you suggest to AVOID at all costs?? I really need to do something, all advice is deeply appreciated, THANKS !!! CCMind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-07 10:57 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT: TECH HELP - Anybody using "Magic Jack" (or other similar device) for phone (lower the cost) connection? How are they?
Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 7, 2011 02:42

I would try Vonage if you do any business calling or anything international. The setup is free. Magic Jack isn't recommended for business usage . not that reliable.

Vonage WorldSM
$14.99/mo.
for 3 months then $25.99/mo.†
plus taxes & fees
60 countries with unlimited1 calling to landlines included.
Unlimited1 local and long distance home phone service across U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
More than 10 countries and territories with unlimited1 calling to mobile phones - even India.

Re: OT: TECH HELP - Anybody using "Magic Jack" (or other similar device) for phone (lower the cost) connection? How are they?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 7, 2011 02:48

.......Not a lotta range but foookin' cheap ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 7, 2011 03:07

Vonage commercials rock.

Date: May 7, 2011 03:13

Thanks very much Mitch, very helpful!!!

Thanks Rock, very.... well my GF laughed her ass off...See, the Rock even stimulates through the internet. Rockeee, royal couple coming to LA, Pippa's also coming (might stay at the "CrissX Fun House" - anything you want me to tell her? I told her she just needs her bikini for the pool and she goes, "Luv, you're SO SILLY, I just need my lower string bikini half, the top stays in London" That's my girl !! (got the E, mine's coming next few hours)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 7, 2011 03:22

Pippa's also coming

Know her screams are LOUD but didn't know ya could hear 'em in LA LA Land
......sssssshhh Pip's keep it down a tad luv....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: May 7, 2011 04:51

Skype is very cheap in fact free if you're calling someone from PC to PC that's also using skype. That's anywhere in the world at any time. If also supports video conferencing which is also free skype to skype. There are unlimited plans starting at $3.00 a month and progress to $20.00 a month with a subscription service. I'd been paying out the nose in Europe and South America for a couple of weeks and coming home to find $600.00 cell phone bills. The last trip to Brazil cost a grand total of $8.50 for even more calls using my Apple iPod (WiFi) and skype! Everyone I know with a high speed internet I tell and they then setup the Skype and all of a sudden international call charges disappear completely.

Google Voice is basically the same setup and Skype and is currently FREE in the USA until the end of the year. It also allows for your assigned number to be forwarded to multiple phones (Home, Cell, Office) so you can give out one number and ALL the phones ring at once.

Vonage is trying to beat Skype on price right now. The service is supposed to be great. I have not used the service so I cannot speak first hand to it's quality.

Apple's facetime looks promising however, it's proprietary and as I understand it will not dial land lines or cell phones, only other Apple devices.

I know nothing about the Magic Jack other than what I've read. Don't know anyone using it. It's certainly the cheapest but as they say you get what you pay for.

ANYTHING is better than the RIPOFF American long distance and cell phone providers with their outrageous international pricing. You may as well rob a bank or mug a drug dealer if you want to call internationally using the conventional methods.

CBII

Date: May 7, 2011 06:27

Thanks CB, Tons of information - I really appreciate it. I think I will definitely go with Skype for friends (here and overseas) and a little business and maybe Vonage since my GF's bro has had it for awhile (and it seems to work well for him - hard to get a straight answer from the guy. He just says stuff like "works well" or "fine" then he has to run). Yeah, the phone companies are Giant rip - offs, been makin' them RICH for a long time now, Thanks Once Again , CCMind

Date: May 7, 2011 06:49

Thanks EG.

Rockeee, Ummm, You know what they say, "keep your koala close, keep your Pippa closer".... That be da word round Buckeee Palace these days...

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: May 7, 2011 07:06

CrissCrossMind
I just got My Phone Bill in the mail (it's through the roof - over $400.00 !!! Some is business - have no choice on that) I need to get my costs down pronto. Anybody out there using MAGIC JACK or any other device similiar (I think they all use the internet instead of the normal phone line) and how do you like it/them? What do you recommend, what do you suggest to AVOID at all costs?? I really need to do something, all advice is deeply appreciated, THANKS !!!

You could just stay off the phone. I can't imagine anyone enjoying talking to you anyways.

I can just imagine a call from you.

OMG!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!! DID YOU HEAR??? CHARLIE SHEEN GOT A BJ FROM HIS GODDESS TODAY!!!! THEN HE MADE A PHONE CALL TO CHUCK LORRE AND CALLED HIM NAMES!!!!! OMG!!!!! WINNINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 7, 2011 10:26

bustedtrousers
CrissCrossMind
I just got My Phone Bill in the mail (it's through the roof - over $400.00 !!! Some is business - have no choice on that) I need to get my costs down pronto. Anybody out there using MAGIC JACK or any other device similiar (I think they all use the internet instead of the normal phone line) and how do you like it/them? What do you recommend, what do you suggest to AVOID at all costs?? I really need to do something, all advice is deeply appreciated, THANKS !!!

You could just stay off the phone. I can't imagine anyone enjoying talking to you anyways.

I can just imagine a call from you.

OMG!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!! DID YOU HEAR??? CHARLIE SHEEN GOT A BJ FROM HIS GODDESS TODAY!!!! THEN HE MADE A PHONE CALL TO CHUCK LORRE AND CALLED HIM NAMES!!!!! OMG!!!!! WINNINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, I have my own business with my Girl Friend, we don't talk People Magazine Garbage with other business people (sadly it went over your head that my Charlie Sheen stuff was totally sarcastic, I could care less what he does... but it does concern me you didn't "get it" - that's a bit scary my man)

BTW, your post was VERY RUDE with a personal attack, you don't even know me. It's the internet here Genius, it's NOT REAL LIFE.... in other words, you don't REALLY know a person through the internet since it's one dimensional. Capiche?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-07 10:51 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: TECH HELP - Anybody using "Magic Jack" (or other devices) for phone connection? How are they?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 9, 2011 05:35

crisscrossmind..If ya' spent more time at work and less time here.. maybe ya' could afford it

Re: TECH HELP - Anybody using "Magic Jack" (or other devices) for phone connection? How are they?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 9, 2011 06:05

my business associate in Canada uses Vonage but I have to say 50% of my calls with thim sound like he is under water

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1345
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home