Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dead Flowers / Gram Parsons anecdote
Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: December 10, 2014 19:01

"The song Dead Flowers, which was written by Jagger/Richards about Gram getting dead flowers delivered to him from someone in the States while he was in England. Jagger and Richards were supposedly there when it happened"

Dave Burr

Re: Dead Flowers / Gram Parsons anecdote
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 10, 2014 19:12

There's also a nice discussion about whether Gram played or not pedal steel on that song.

[steelguitarforum.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 10, 2014 19:45

Cristiano Radtke
There's also a nice discussion about whether Gram played or not pedal steel on that song.

[steelguitarforum.com]

Considering that there's no pedal steel on the entire Sticky Fingers record and that Gram didn't (couldn't) play a pedal steel, I can't imagine it's much of a discussion. confused smiley

peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 10, 2014 20:22

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke

[steelguitarforum.com]

Considering that there's no pedal steel on the entire Sticky Fingers record and that Gram didn't (couldn't) play a pedal steel, I can't imagine it's much of a discussion. confused smiley

peace

Yes, we all know that, but sometimes there's always new fans that didn't know that story, so I thought it would be fine to post that link here. smiling smiley

Date: December 10, 2014 20:32

Wasn't that steel guitar debate (not pedal steel) about an early take of WH back in the day? Supposedly, Gram's guitar player, Sneaky Pete Kleinow, played that part.

Might have been another discussion, though smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-10 20:33 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: December 10, 2014 21:09

Who cares about the pedal steel...I want to hear about the apparently jilted, bitter, woman who sent him the Dead Flowers...

Date: December 10, 2014 21:54

Ask Gretschen...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home