Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Star Star alternate version
Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: November 11, 2014 22:00

Listening to Goats Head Soup Reheated and I seem to remember a thread on here a while back that had a link to an alternate version of Star Star. Does that ring a bell with anyone? Maybe I'm just losing my mind, but I've searched here and on Youtube but can't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Star Star alternate version
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 11, 2014 22:14

It was censored on original US pressings to obscure references to feminine hygiene and John Wayne.
There was also this hilarious South African version:

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 11, 2014 22:43

I bought ( and still have) the original US pressing and the "starf-cker" chorus was never censored and the John Wayne reference is not censored either. Now the "keep your pussy clean" line was double tracked with one being a second off the other to distort it but its there...

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: November 11, 2014 23:07

Thanks Deltics. That's one of the more unusual edited versions, but I seem to remember an alternate studio version, maybe in a lower key. Maybe I have it confused with another song.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: November 12, 2014 01:54

scottkeef
I bought ( and still have) the original US pressing and the "starf-cker" chorus was never censored and the John Wayne reference is not censored either. Now the "keep your pussy clean" line was double tracked with one being a second off the other to distort it but its there...

Is that what it is?? I bought Goats Head back in '83 here in Australia and the "Pussy clean" line has that too (on 33lp) but then when I bought the cd in '88 it wasn't the double line. Always wondered why. Well there you go.

Seem pretty pointless when you hear all about "two tongued kisses, gonna make you scream all nite, legs wrapped around me tight" and the phrase "Starfuker" a cpl hundred times in the four minutes of that great little number hahaha

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 12, 2014 04:22

Star star would be a good replacement for It's Only R&R in the live setlist.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 12, 2014 07:08

Crackinup
Thanks Deltics. That's one of the more unusual edited versions, but I seem to remember an alternate studio version, maybe in a lower key. Maybe I have it confused with another song.

Lower key? Maybe you're thinking of Fingerprint File?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home