Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tongue Pit Questions
Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 12, 2014 15:35

OK, I am leaving the UK for Brisbane on Friday and have a ticket for the Tongue Pit on Tuesday. Never having been so lucky with tickets before I have a few questions about the way it works. I've seen pics/read stories of people queueing for hours for Pit entry. Is it worth it? Obviously the point is to be at the front but if I arrive an hour before showtime from what I've seen from pre show pics I could still be half way up. Since I am going on my own will it be friendly making the waiting a bearable experience? What would people with previous experience say is the best place in the Pit - right up front, at the sides or back with more room to move? I realise that's all pretty subjective. Basically, I suppose I'd like someone to confirm that there's no real bad place to end up and I'll probably see how I feel on the day. Anyway, if I don't access IORR again once I'm there, just to say I'll be wearing a 14 On Fire Rome t-shirt with the tongue in the colours of the Italian flag. If you see me there do say hello!

Re: Tongue Pit Questions
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 12, 2014 15:45

The thing about the pit is that VIP package people get in first, so even if you are first in line for the pit, when you get in, VIP package people are already in. In my experience, though, arriving 90 minutes or so before they let the pit crowd in will ensure you a great spot. 30 minutes before, and the line is quite long and you'll be 1/2 way back. Frankly, though, there is no bad location in the pit. So do what you think is best. Frankly, you can arrive at 8:00 pm and still have the best show of your life.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 12, 2014 15:56

Hi rebelrebel

I haven't been in the pit but I did have a VIP front of stage ticket for the Madrid show this summer,I went in to the show about an hour and a half before the Stones came on stage and I could still get right next to the stage and even when the show was in full swing if you moved back a bit then there was plenty of room to move around which I did and then still got back to the front.

I guess it depends on whether or not you want to stand in line in that Australian heat for hours before the show.

I am from the UK and wanted to go down under for some shows but decided to wait for South America instead and now it looks like that might not go ahead.

Have a great time and enjoy the show thumbs up

Nate

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 12, 2014 16:11

rebelrebel
OK, I am leaving the UK for Brisbane on Friday and have a ticket for the Tongue Pit on Tuesday. Never having been so lucky with tickets before I have a few questions about the way it works. I've seen pics/read stories of people queueing for hours for Pit entry. Is it worth it? Obviously the point is to be at the front but if I arrive an hour before showtime from what I've seen from pre show pics I could still be half way up. Since I am going on my own will it be friendly making the waiting a bearable experience? What would people with previous experience say is the best place in the Pit - right up front, at the sides or back with more room to move? I realise that's all pretty subjective. Basically, I suppose I'd like someone to confirm that there's no real bad place to end up and I'll probably see how I feel on the day. Anyway, if I don't access IORR again once I'm there, just to say I'll be wearing a 14 On Fire Rome t-shirt with the tongue in the colours of the Italian flag. If you see me there do say hello!

With what you have invested in being here for one show, go early, GO HARD and enjoy bring as close to front as possible. I was front row in Adelaide, not in a pit to be sure as they were all seats, but the Stones took the stage and we all stood anyways and to be front was just out of this world. Yes VIPs will be right in front but there ain't many of them in truth, so be early and get the best spot you possibly can. You've traveled so far for the one gig... Make it the best you can!! Though just being there... That will be half way to the end goal anyways!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 12, 2014 19:11

AWESOME!

Since you're going alone, get there super early! What else is the trip for, right?! You'll make friends and the payoff will be HUGE.

Sure, the VIP's will be in front of you in their line, but take the chance to be first in the regular line.

Also, pay attention to the height of the stage and the Tongue ramp. If you are NOT front row at the stage, pick a great spot on the ramp where you can see everything and the stage isn't too high.

When I "won" Pit tickets in the lottery, the front of stage spots were already taken by the time I got into the pit. We chose a spot on the bottom of the tongue and stood up on a metal grate that gave us height advantage. When Mick or Keith or Ronnie used the ramp, they often stopped right in front of us! The view was spectacular!

Have a @#$%& blast!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 12, 2014 19:25

Thank you very much everybody for your advice and good wishes. I have indeed studied videos carefully and looked at the height of the ramp. Sometimes I think it looks too crowded at the front and that I'd be better off about half way back at the side. Plus I worry about someone really tall in front of me which often seems to happen even though I'm not particulary short. Anyway, you're all right that the show is really the sole purpose of the trip so I might as well show up early and see what happens. If I don't like my spot at the front I could always move; I'm sure the reality is that anywhere in the pit will be awesome. Thanks again!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 12, 2014 22:55

I think it depends how you enjoy the show. Some like to be at the front and with the prices we pay I totally understand that. For me, there's nothing worse at a gig than being cramped inbetween people or restricted to a seat as I like to be able to move and throw a few shapes out. Also, if you are towards the back you're also at the front of the walkway and the band will be within touching distance when they leave the main stage. I was in the pit for both 02 shows and Chicago II and were the best experiences of my life. No matter where you are, in the pit is the place to be. Enjoy!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 12, 2014 23:04

Get on the rail if you can. It takes work, but can happen. We got on rail in both pits Melb and Syd right in front of Micks mic.
You just need to make an effort.
Get to show early, 9am.
Bring a Texta, or hope someone in line has one. Start marking each person.
If you are inside first 10 you will get any spot you want on rail.
First 25-30 will def get on the rail.
Rail gives you a place to lean, no phones or people in front of you. You will be so close you will lose your mind. You will be eyeballed by the band, and you can hear the guitar strings.
It's a must.
Takes some effort, but do it if you can.
Bring water, a box of muesli bars to help you get thru day. Stay hydrated, eat every hour or so.
My advice anyways.
It is soooo worth it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-12 23:06 by Deathgod.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home