Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

voodoo lounge press conf may 94?
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 19, 2011 14:48

does anyone have the complete question and answer segment on video? has anyone ever seen the complete question and answer segment?

Re: voodoo lounge press conf may 94?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 19, 2011 17:38

p.s.
I can spot yours truly @ 4:04 in a blue jacket... just to the right of Charlie.

Date: March 19, 2011 18:28

thanks but i have this, i meant the complete actual press conf with all questions

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 19, 2011 22:04

yours truly @ 4:04 in a blue jacket...cool!! front row schillid

ROCKMAN

Date: March 19, 2011 22:26

Rockman
yours truly @ 4:04 in a blue jacket...cool!! front row schillid

I seem to recall that it was the 2nd row... but I guess you can't tell from that camera angle. I got there early enough, but I felt funny sitting in the very front row. LOL. I was stupid not to have brought my camera.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 19, 2011 23:27

Thanks, interesting. In interviews Mick often looks back and forth between the interviewer and the camera. Most subjects just keep their eyes on the interviewer.

Date: March 20, 2011 02:58

thanks anyway my search continues, ya figure some tv station had to shoot the whole thing i would imagine

Date: March 20, 2011 05:13

I showed my real impressive balloon company i.d. card (in lieu of genuine press credentials) and I was able to get in to that press conference on the pier.

That "bombed-out" looking pier, as Mick described it, is now the site of the Chelsea Piers sports complex.

Date: March 20, 2011 05:28

melillo
thanks anyway my search continues, ya figure some tv station had to shoot the whole thing i would imagine

Even if a local station did shoot the entire press conference, I doubt if they'd have saved the "field tape"... the actual tape from the betacam that the crew used that day. Probably just tossed in a recycle bin in the editing room after they edited the spot for the local nightly news.

Before the Stones boat arrived, I did speak to a local tv reporter. And I could tell that he was not just young, but that he didn't know or care much about the Rolling Stones. Or that their bassist had recently left the band. I suggested to the reporter that if he got called on to ask a question, that a good question to ask them would be if they would be playing "In Another Land" on the upcoming tour!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-20 06:28 by schillid.

Date: March 20, 2011 05:48

Well its just that all of the kickoff press confs since 89 have been complete except for VL, just seems odd,and kurt loader was the host so mtv must have shot it complete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-20 05:52 by melillo.

Date: November 11, 2014 04:04

Date: November 11, 2014 04:10

I know that guy in the blue jacket

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home