Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Anybody here who saw Rolling Stones in Bern 1973 ?
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 3, 2011 22:36

At the moment I'm downloading version2, hope I find some time on the weekend to listen to this, and maybe version1 too!
Thank you very much robertRMB, very nice of you to share your recording!
Thanks also to Erik for bringing this to my attention!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 3, 2011 23:00

Thanks again for uploading Zurich '76, much appreciated, Eddie.........just for you to know...I think the way it's generally done here is for uploads to be posted on Hotstuff....so if anyone objects you'll know why........I told a short story over on Hotstuff once and was told (In a friendly way) "Get thee to 'Tell me', (I didn't know the ropes at that point)..............but it's alright now......

Posted by: robertRMB ()
Date: June 3, 2011 23:56

dcba
RE the "Jagger in Zurich1976.jpg" pic : are you sure it was taken in 1976. Looks very 1973 to me... winking smiley
That's what is was told, when I got the pic.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 4, 2011 04:59

robertRMB
dcba
RE the "Jagger in Zurich1976.jpg" pic : are you sure it was taken in 1976. Looks very 1973 to me... winking smiley
That's what is was told, when I got the pic.

Somewhere down the line the pic must have got mislabelled. It definitely looks like Jagger in 1973. Thanks for sharing your recordings and stories her on IORR Robert.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: June 4, 2011 05:36

Thanks for sharing the new version. Very much appreciated. I compared the first three songs and think version 2 is better.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 4, 2011 07:48

Thanks for sharing Zürich 1976, Robert
FLAC/RAR files would also be appreciated. Look forward to listen to your upload

And yes the photo is clearly from 1973. Could it be from one of the Bern shows, maybe?

BTW, I've put up Bern 1973 (both version1 and version2) on DIME now, with all details and credits to you included of course.

Thanks again for sharing your recordings.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 4, 2011 11:34

I think we owe a BIG "thank you" to Erik for starting this thread. If he hadn't, maybe Robert would have not joined IORR and offered his own tape(s?).

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 4, 2011 11:59

thanks for bern 73

clearer sound (version 2)

Posted by: robertRMB ()
Date: June 4, 2011 12:20

As requested, the FLACs of the Zurich June 15, 1976 concert (so far uncirculated tape):
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]

No objection on my part for uploads on Dime

Date: June 4, 2011 13:47

robertRMB
As requested, the FLACs of the Zurich June 15, 1976 concert (so far uncirculated tape):
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
[www.megaupload.com]

No objection on my part for uploads on Dime

Thank you !

I must say that I really enjoy your Bern 1973 recording - Keith is on fire on that show; like if he's trying to make up for his lousy performance earlier.

Haven't listened to Zurich yet, but I will - very soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-04 13:49 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 4, 2011 13:51

dcba
I think we owe a BIG "thank you" to Erik for starting this thread. If he hadn't, maybe Robert would have not joined IORR and offered his own tape(s?).

Thank you for thanking me.... I'll pass the thankses on to Robert - but thanks again

But yes, the ball would never got rolling if not for this thread, maybe. Wish there were more "threads about a specific occation or concert" here on IORR. It's always interesting - especially when somebody who haven't been a member before; chime in - as he/her "were there"

Unfortunately the "Newcastle 1971" thread didn't give any results......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-05 11:36 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 4, 2011 14:56

@robertRMB --

Thank you for posting these versions of Bern 1973. I think you are a bit harsh about Version 1, though. Even without the clean-up, it is still very listenable -- in fact, much moreso than some of the boots I have purchased. (Megaupload isn't allowing me to download Version 2, so I cannot compare them)

and, of course, thank you, Erik_Snow for getting the ball rolling.

smileys with beer

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 4, 2011 15:39

Erik_Snow
dcba

Thank you for thanking *me* - never expected that! I'll pass the thankses on to Robert - but thanks again! He he

But yes, the ball would never got rolling if not for this thread, maybe. Wish there were more "threads about a specific occation or concert" here on IORR. It's always interesting - especially when somebody who haven't been a member before; chime in - as he/her "were there"

Unfortunately the "Newcastle 1971" thread didn't give any results......

Isn't this a great place for unearthing these lost gems! Reminds me of the thread I started on the Aberdeen 1982 clubgig.

[www.iorr.org]

Let's see what the future holds!

Posted by: Andy L ()
Date: June 4, 2011 16:41

Thanks RobertRMB for sharing both the the 1973 and 1976 tapes! Do you have any lineage information on the Zurich 76 recording (e.g. what generation cassette it is, what mics/recorder were used, how you transferred it)?

Posted by: richardsberry ()
Date: June 4, 2011 18:49

Erik_Snow
richardsberry
Erik_Snow
dcba
He forgot he was just a sideman that is an employee of the Stones. And Nick Kent saw a poor Bobby being taken to a German airport and put in the 1st plane home sometime in the middle of the 73 tour...
When? Erik probably has the solution.

Obviously in Munich Sept 29th (or 30th) as he was not present on the plane to Frankfurt

So you think the bath-tub-thingy took place in 1970? Why not both 1970 and 1973? Seems like a good idea in the first place, which oughta be repeated every now and then

Erik, you lead me to a big question in a Stones fan life !
So Bobby didn't play in Brussels, did he ? Who's playing after his departure ?

Trevor Lawrence did play the saxophone solos after Bobby Keys left, backed up by Steve Madaio on trumpet and trumbone.

Thanks so much Erik !

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 4, 2011 18:56

Thanks the both of you....still some exiting can happen on IORR

Although I have some problems to download both 3th part of the rar's !!!!!! will try it later on again..........

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 5, 2011 05:14

Thanks Robert and Erik!

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: June 5, 2011 05:32

All very interesting. I was under the impression that the reason the first Berne show was horrible because it was a couple of days after Keith recieved his so-called "blood change" treatment for heroin addiction. I'm not sure if that's true or not (haven't heard any boots of these shows either)

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 5, 2011 20:07

For the other Berne boots scroll down here (thanks to Keessie):
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: richardsberry ()
Date: July 19, 2011 19:39

i'm dling right now !
thanks robertRMb and Erik : it's a great joy to have a "new" stuff of the golden age !

Date: September 18, 2011 16:11

Just got the Zurich DL and I noticed the tape runs a hair fast, approximately 3%. Even with the tape sped-down Erik you're right : it's a very enjoyable show!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 23, 2012 13:12

Bern 73 contact sheet by Jean-Pierre Leloir

Dominique Tarlé

HMN

Date: April 23, 2012 13:30

Thanks for digging in your archieves, Honestman thumbs up

Date: April 23, 2012 20:04

"Dominique Tarlé" so he was at Mannheim and Bern. I wonder how many shows he covered... I also saw prints of some 76 show (Paris?)

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 23, 2012 20:21

I just saw this thread. I've been going through all my '73 European Tour recordings chronologically. The Stones were excellent through the first couple weeks of that tour and the London shows were smokin'. After London, there were a few so-so shows but generally the quality of the performances was pretty good. Nothing much really stood out for me about the 9/25 and 9/26 afternoon shows in Berne. Decent I suppose, nothing special. But that 9/26 evening show was incredible. The band was really firing on all cylenders. I mentioned it in another thread before I saw this one. Another excellent performance is the 2nd Copenhagen show. When they were on back then, they were incredible.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 12, 2015 07:41

guitarbastard
in was born 1973 in switzerland, but mama didnt allow me to go to see the shows..;-)

I'm calling Child Protective Services and reporting her for abuse!!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 12, 2015 12:02

Old thread - revived by someone else, but here's my story...

Yes, I was at two shows in Bern in 1973, and they changed my view on lots of things.

I'd been a Stones' fan for ages and ages (obviously) by that stage, but had never travelled far to a show. I'd been to Wembley a few times, and had queued on the pavement all night in Brighton for the Big Apple gig in 1971.

My best mate got married in early 1972 and then got a job in Bern - a very very sleepy town in Switzerland which I had no idea until then was the capital city. So, as a joke, I said to him... "When the Stones come to town, send me a ticket". I visited them in the summer of 1973. And then in (about) September a letter arrived from Bern, and all it had in it were two tickets to see the Stones (both nights).

(I have no idea if there were 2 or 3 shows).

I had no alternative. I had to go. I arranged to get a train from Brighton (UK) where I was living at the time, to connect with a boat-train that would leave Victoria, got to Folkestone, then across the channel, then meet a train that would eventually deliver me to Bern. Old fashioned train on boat if you travelled first class... which I didn't.

Except... the train from Brighton to London was delayed for some reason and I missed the train to Folkestone.

Southern Region worked wonders... they got me on the next train to meet a boat at Folkestone, and across the channel to catch up with the original connection.

Except the boat was delayed (I think it broke down) so I missed that connection. Instead I was put on a train that took me to Paris, with an onward connection to Bern.

When I got to Paris (at about the time I ought to have been in Bern) - there being no mobiles (duh!) and phones being impossible, I sent my mate a telegram (do those still exist?) saying something like "Wrong capital city. Expect me later today"

The trip from Paris to Bern was interesting.... I got talking to a fellow passenger (he struck up the conversation because he was bemused that I was reading a book by Balzac), who it turned out was also on his way to see The Stones.

Anyway, got there, went to two shows (and still have the T-Shirts, and they fit, and NO I'm not selling them to Matt!) and then made a slightly different journey home.

No clear recollection of the shows, other than how much fun I had.

BUT, what it taught me that travelling to away shows (like a sports fan travelling to an away game) can be a tremendous adventure and should be encouraged no matter who you are!

Accordingly I managed to get to Berlin for the final night of the Tour - which was also Mick Taylor's last show as a member.

And a few more since.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: marko ()
Date: November 12, 2015 12:13

3 shows back then

september 25th

and 2 shows on september 26th.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home