Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT: Kate Middleton and Prince William BAN BEER from their Royal Wedding Reception
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: April 23, 2011 20:36

Wow, being a Super Big Beer fan for many years I just find this TOTALLY insulting. Oh, I see, Beer is for low life commoners only. No Beer but Elton (emotionally-out-of-control) John is playing at the reception. How about reversing it and banning Elton and free pints for all of England. Isn't it time to put this royalty nonsense to rest? How dare they ban beer?!?!?!?!

[www.mirror.co.uk]

SO THIS OUT OF CONTROL, NOT YET GROWN UP BABY IS ALLOWED, IS SOMEHOW HIGH CLASS, COOL CAT CHIC BUT...(check out what this fool - Elton- says at the very end - Talk about ungrateful, spoiled little brat)

THIS PURE AND BEAUTIFUL LIQUID IS BANNED?!?! GIMME A BREAK !!!

THE BEER IS NOT THE GREATEST BUT THE CLIPS ARE CLASSIC !!!

YOU DON'T GET SOPHISTICATED BY BANNING A BEVERAGE, YOU GET SOPHISTICATED BY BEING SOPHISTICATED. Something the Kids have yet to learn.....

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-28 21:57 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT: Kate Middleton and Prince William BAN BEER from Royal Wedding Reception - HOW CHIC !!
Date: April 23, 2011 21:09

Nobody on a Rock and Roll/Stones board is gonna stand up for BEER !?!? Come On, what do you think - is this ban beyond silly or what?

Re: OT: Kate Middleton and Prince William BAN BEER from Royal Wedding Reception - HOW CHIC !!
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 23, 2011 21:16

Don't believe it if it was in the mirror,sun ,star or any of the sunday tabloids.You probably don't live in the U.K. William and Kate and plenty of the guests will be having a pint or two of good English bitter or a nice pint of lager. smoking smileysmileys with beersmoking smiley

Re: OT: Kate Middleton and Prince William BAN BEER from Royal Wedding Reception Next Week
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 23, 2011 22:27

That it.........I've torn up my invite !

Re: OT: Kate Middleton and Prince William BAN BEER from Royal Wedding Reception Next Week
Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: April 23, 2011 22:30

Have they issued a statement on cider?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 23, 2011 22:37

Perhaps they can get around that rule by serving ale.

Date: April 23, 2011 22:37

Cider is gonna be available............but only under the counter,(nudge,nudge/wink ,wink) and you gotta have I.D.to prove you come from Somerset or surrounding areas...............or have a very red and bulbous nose.That's what I heard.thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: April 23, 2011 22:55

Isn't this their wedding reception? I mean, if they want this to happen that's their wish and should be respected in a proper manner. I'm not English so I don't know how the royal weddings usually go but this was the first thing that came into my mind...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 23, 2011 22:57

I'm sure this little shindig is costing a few pounds. Maybe they should get a beer company to sponsor the wedding.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2011 22:57

YEAH but Pippa's HOT ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 23, 2011 23:33

who cares?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 24, 2011 00:54

As long as spliff is allowed it's fine by me.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 24, 2011 01:02

Oh...Too bad - I thought Willie would have raided the back shed and bought out the home brew for everyone.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 24, 2011 02:13

No beer? Fu-ck it. I'm not going then...

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: April 24, 2011 02:16

Is Stout OK???

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 24, 2011 02:19

Mick once joked about upper class behavior as "Drinking Pimm's."

To digress, I liked what Russell Brand said, "I have not been invited but I will be attending."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-24 02:27 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 24, 2011 02:23

Isn't it bring a bottle? That's what my invite says

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 24, 2011 02:31

I feel better about not being invited.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 24, 2011 03:08

snobs, once its in the blood it stays in the blood

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 24, 2011 04:28

Exactly why there's no royalty in the U.S. You just can't sell anything that doesn't include beer.

Date: April 24, 2011 09:11

Naw, IMHO it's a SNOB thing by 2 people that are famous for being famous for being famous - it's just an egg and sperm lotto with the winner ending up losing (who wants to be chased by the herd press their whole life?) Maybe they should think about SLOWLY dismantling the whole system, not snob-ing it up... welcome to 2011 kids.....

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 24, 2011 11:41

sweetcharmedlife
I'm sure this little shindig is costing a few pounds. Maybe they should get a beer company to sponsor the wedding.smileys with beer

They don't have to. It comes out the public purse - the great unwashed beer drinkers are paying for it.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 24, 2011 15:46

Yes BAN elton & Serve Beer.....maybe then i'll show up....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 24, 2011 18:30

teleblaster
sweetcharmedlife

They don't have to. It comes out the public purse - the great unwashed beer drinkers are paying for it.

Nope - the security comes out of the public purse.

The Royal Family are paying for the wedding, and the Middleton's are paying for part of the reception.

[prince-william-wedding.net]
[www.walletpop.co.uk]

Hysterically daft thread.

Date: April 24, 2011 19:06

Yo, Gaz, if there's a draft youz gotta shut da door silly boy - hahahaha

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 24, 2011 19:25

It would be so nice if Prince Harry shows up in a Nazi uniform with a case of beer on his shoulder with his lager lout mates in tow: "Now what's all this bollocks about no beer allowed!"

Beer is a human right.

Date: April 24, 2011 19:51

I reckon when the piccys are out after the wedding reception,Harry and his mates will have pints of beer/lager.Quite a few others like Kate and Williams uni. mates as well.Not forgetting Wills and Harrys pals in the forces.A wedding reception without pints is like a pub with no beer.Pretty boring and pretty dry especially if it is a hot day. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 24, 2011 20:02

Gazza
teleblaster
sweetcharmedlife

Nope - the security comes out of the public purse.

The Royal Family are paying for the wedding, and the Middleton's are paying for part of the reception.

I suppose my concern is where the Royal Family get their money from. Couldn't care less if they have beer or not.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 24, 2011 20:05

As a Canadian I find it annoying and almost offensive that this family is on our currency.

Now who want's a nice cold Steamwhistle?
(psht.... glug glug glug glug)
smileys with beer

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: April 24, 2011 20:34

jamesfdouglas
As a Canadian I find it annoying and almost offensive that this family is on our currency.

They would've been living in your country, too, if @#$%& had won.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2311
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home