Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jerry Hall: Mick Jagger's return to the tour in Australia 'will be very difficult'
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 5, 2014 18:57

Jerry Hall says it will be "very difficult" for Sir Mick Jagger when he returns to the Rolling Stones concert tour that was cut short this year following the death of his partner L'Wren Scott.

The Texan model and former wife of Jagger said it was “still tough for him” after fashion designer Scott killed herself in March this year.

The band is set to perform a string of concerts starting later this month after they cancelled their seven-date tour of Australia and New Zealand after her death.

In an interview with the Daily Mail Weekend magazine, Hall said of her ex-husband's return to the tour in Australia: "That's going to be very difficult for him. What a tragedy. She was such a lovely girl and really talented."

In July, Jagger spoke publically for the first time about the death of his partner of 13 years, saying it had been “a very hard year”.

The singer said that he’d received “a lot of support” from family and friends. He said he“got back into it” by working on touring with the Stones in Europe, and doing other things.

Hall said Sir Mick is still a "great friend", and despite their marriage ending, she said: "Actually, we really like each other. We've always been friends."

The 59-year-old told the magazine she thinks Sir Mick is "quite the bachelor", adding: "It probably suits him better not to be married. I think he sees a wife like a candlestick with a snuffer attached - someone to dampen his fun."

Hall said Sir Mick is "super fit" and told the magazine that the rock star was more strict with their children than she was.

Asked about drugs, she said: "That's never been much of an issue. Neither Mick nor I take drugs. He's never been into drugs since I've been with him, which was many years ago."

[www.independent.co.uk]

Re: Jerry Hall: Mick Jagger's return to the tour in Australia 'will be very difficult'
Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: October 5, 2014 19:11

proudmary
The 59-year-old told the magazine she thinks Sir Mick is "quite the bachelor", adding: "It probably suits him better not to be married

WELL SAID eye rolling smiley

Re: Jerry Hall: Mick Jagger's return to the tour in Australia 'will be very difficult'
Date: October 5, 2014 19:31

Their marriage ending...

They weren't legally married ?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 5, 2014 20:34

proudmary
"It probably suits him better not to be married. I think he sees a wife like a... snuffer...someone to dampen his fun."

Reminds me of Jackie O.'s recently revealed 1952 letter about Jack Kennedy: “He is like my father in a way...when married needs evidence he’s nonetheless eye-catching, so flirts with other girls and resents you. I observed how that nearly killed Mummy.”

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 6, 2014 05:49

I'm worried about Mick too, Jerry.
I usually get snarky about Jerry, but I think she's sincere. I recently caught a Twitter exchange between Elizabeth and Georgia and Bianca. Bianca had posed a recent photo of Jerry with her new haircut, and commented how great she looked. Elizabeth and Georgia (Twitter:The Jagger Sisters) responded with a sweet 'thank you' message and called Bianca 'amazing' and Bianca responded that they were 'wonderful'.
I like that the Jagger ladies have developed a bond, and I can't help but wonder if is in solidarity to be there for Mick in the aftermath of L'wren's passing..the whole extended family seems to have stepped up.
I have to give Jerry credit here: I love Bianca, but she doesn't seem the type to initiate something like that on her own, not because she's a b**, but because she seems much too private. But Jerry does seem like the type of person to go out of her way to make things better between everyone. That, I think, is the Texas side of her that I do appreciate...Southern Hospitality is not a myth.
It's truly great to see them step up for a man they both loved in their own way.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-06 05:52 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 6, 2014 07:27

Geez, you kind of forget he had such a major public loss after so long. I still can't believe the way he's handling it (just that I don't think I could do the same), but I guess its probably helpful for him to keep performing. But yeah, he's had a hard year. I really hope the best for him, cause suicide is never something you move on from quickly. Can't even imagine the thoughts that he's gone over in his head the past several months.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 6, 2014 07:33

Surely Mick will remember his last visit to Australia, with a very bad feeling I suspect. I'm sure he will pull through fine. Nice to know he has good support from family and friends. The concerts will be excellent. Can't wait to read the reports.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home