Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Phil Spector now days...
Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: September 24, 2014 04:13

Just ran into this story,wow, prison has taken its toll on Phill,a shame all that talent gone to waste...Check out what he looks like now...
[www.thesmokinggun.com]

"You know who l am, say it"

Re: Phil Spector now days...
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 24, 2014 04:29

Time waits for no one!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 24, 2014 04:38

couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Literally, I mean that wouldn't happen to you if you were nicer. smileys with beer

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 24, 2014 04:54

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2014 05:01

..can't believe he hasn't recorded some doo-wop vocal stuff while in there

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 24, 2014 05:01

Friggin' Nosferatu lookin' now.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: September 24, 2014 05:31

Bet he doesn't worry about the butt bandits in there looking like that.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 24, 2014 08:35

whew---dag! I've wondered how he was doing in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-24 09:12 by swiss.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 24, 2014 12:09

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 16:39 by vudicus.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 24, 2014 12:57

treaclefingers
couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Literally, I mean that wouldn't happen to you if you were nicer. smileys with beer

>grinning smiley<

Date: September 24, 2014 14:10

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 24, 2014 14:58

Rockman
..can't believe he hasn't recorded some doo-wop vocal stuff while in there

"Wall Of Concrete"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 24, 2014 16:52

I've never told anyone this before, but as an aficionado of B movies, I actually knew who Lana Clarkson was when she was alive. I even wrote her a fan letter once. The weirdly long, hand-written reply I received shortly before her death seemed oddly .... desperate. When I first saw the headlines about a B movie actress having been shot to death at Phil Spector's mansion, I knew who it was even before reading her name.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-26 01:53 by tatters.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 24, 2014 17:27

let this be a lesson to anyone that want's to commit a heinous crime such as murder. the bigger you are (phil spector)the Harder you fall right into the ole graybar hotel .which is where this murderer belongs !!!!!!!!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 24, 2014 17:28

rob51
Bet he doesn't worry about the butt bandits in there looking like that.
yeah , i think you are right .

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 24, 2014 18:36

Tatters, very interesting...

From extremely reliable sources who knew Lana Clarkson, there was a side to her that had a fixation over and a history with guns. This was never presented in court.

I knew Phil and we had a good relationship but I never wanted to visit his home off the Sunset Strip because I knew he had a security fetish and kept a lot of guns.(Guns had always made me uneasy).

Several months after Clarkson's death I participated in a meeting for a charity project at the House of Blues. It was held in the pleasant restaurant where Phil met Lana Clarkson. After the meeting, I asked one of the employees (not one of the sources I mentioned re guns) about Lana.) I said:
"I can't imagine any woman who's been around Hollywood for a long time going home with someone she's just met to Alhambra, of all places, at almost 3 in the morning." (Alhambra was perhaps 30 miles away and where Phil had moved after he left his longtime home off the Sunset Strip.)

The employee, a pleasant woman, looked troubled. "Yes," she said, "that was weird but you know how it is in LA. Aging actresses still praying for a break to meet the right person who can help them in their career..."

I soon discussed this with several of Phil's longtime friends, who knew the good and the bad about Phil. None of us were out to defend him but simply to know the truth. Finally, I said, "If she bragged about her expertise with guns...and baited him...wanted to see his guns, then she used bad judgment."

We'll never know what really happened that night. And who pulled the trigger.

I'm not making any excuses for Phil but I wish now that I had contacted his lawyers and told them the above.

That recent photo in this thread is pretty damned scary but it's rather clear that Phil is now quite mentally ill. The Phil I choose to remember was so proud to know the Beatles, so dapper in his English tailored suits, and very kind to me. He appreciated my work on the editing and marketing of "Concert for Bangla Desh" and frequently called to say "Thank you."

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 24, 2014 20:21

I like the conversation with him and Lennon funny as hell

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 24, 2014 21:14

tatters
I've never told anyone this before, but as an aficionado of B movies, I actually knew who Lana Clarkson was when she was alive. I even wrote her a fan letter once. The weirdly long, hand-written reply I received shortly before her death was oddly .... desperate. When I first saw the headlines about a B movie actress having been shot to death at Phil Spector's mansion, I knew who it was even before reading her name.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

...very interesting...

I say that because my first semester in college, I was watching TV and a news teaser came on... local college student killed in hazing incident, details at 11...I immediately said, oh, it's got to be Fred Bronner...when the news came on I was prooven right. I have no idea how I knew this, but a few weeks earlier I had a 15 minute conversation with the guy and I guess I must have formulated some opinion about him.

Date: September 24, 2014 22:15

............. and worth reading the comments...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 24, 2014 23:03

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: September 25, 2014 03:33

As long as we're confessing, sort of......

My second job out of law school, I was hired as Deputy District Attorney for the County of Los Angeles. By the time Clarkson was killed, I was still with the County but no longer a D.D.A. I am still with the County.

As in most trials, not every bit of evidence gets in. Even some of your best evidence never makes it for various reasons.

The D.A.'s office knew of course they had a high profile case on their hands. They also knew, as did everyone in L.A., that Phil Spector was absolutely an unstable person who was eminently capable of killing someone. Witnesses bore out that he threatened countless people over the decades he'd been around. Many people were truly frightened of him.

Before filing, the case was reviewed and then reviewed again. They wanted to be sure they enough for a murder charge. They would have gladly gone for a lesser charge, as a plea would have been much more likely, and saved everyone the time and trouble of a trial. However, what they had was compelling.

They didn't get their best stuff in the first time out and ended up with a mistrial, 10-2 in favor of conviction. They got him on second degree murder the second time, learning from their mistakes.

In my opinion, Spector got what he deserved. By the time they met, Clarkson was working at the House of Blues, still very attractive but "past her sell date" as one witness who was interviewed put it. She likely ended up at his place in Alhambra because she didn't have anything else to do that night. Spector did indeed put a gun in her mouth and pull the trigger. No question about it. Whether he meant to pull the trigger or he lost control of his behavior only he knows, maybe. He's just that nuts. He truly might not know. He said she "kissed the gun" but he also apparently like to ask women to fellate a gun too, which is not to say that's how this gun ended up in her mouth.

That night wasn't a perfect storm but instead a perfect nightmare. All the wrong forces came together for all the wrong reasons and unsurprisingly, someone ended up dead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2085
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home