Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Winging some Muddy Waters, does the lick sound ok?
Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: September 12, 2014 14:18

video: [www.youtube.com]

The guy with the white guitar, that's me.

This is a spontanious thingy at the local thursday jamsession..so little direction, let alone getting the lyrics right..or the song for that matter. I think I even mixed hoochie coochie and mannish boy, just winging it.

Got one problem though, I 'effin love the blues, esp. muddy Waters and of course the stones!!..But I have no idea if what I'm feeling comes across..no kidding, I really don't.

I'd like to get a group together if by chance it does, so looking for some honest feedback. appreciate it!

Btw, saw the stones at pinkpop this summer. Boy, do they still rule!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-12 17:43 by mudbone.

Re: OT: Winging some Muddy Waters, anyone like?
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: September 12, 2014 17:31

Nice playing!

Re: OT: Winging some Muddy Waters, does the lick sound ok?
Date: September 12, 2014 18:04

Love the bloooze, keep it up! thumbs up

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: September 12, 2014 18:44

Yep nice version & playing not the way M.Waters played it though but it works really fine for you ! So keep on !

" The Blues had a baby and they call it rock`n`roll "

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: September 12, 2014 18:50

It looks like you use powerchords if you want to see 2 more ways to do it you can check this out :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8C_DJI67fA

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 12, 2014 20:24

Sounded fine by me. I wouldn't walk out on you if I were listening and would say "what's next" if you were sitting in with me.

Keep it up!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 13, 2014 02:52

Thanks urrybody..and thanks ComeOn for the link. They are two different songs indeed smiling smiley...and that geezer is way cool!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2014 03:07

Good luck man but I dunno how ya ever-ever gonna match
Muddy's frightening full on POWER let alone copy that nervy eye-twitch .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 13, 2014 05:21

I will never forget the one and only time I saw Muddy play.

Talk about PRESENCE! He was THE MAN. Impressive to the max!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 13, 2014 06:00

Rockman
Good luck man but I dunno how ya ever-ever gonna match
Muddy's frightening full on POWER let alone copy that nervy eye-twitch .....

"The type of blues I sing, you must pay the cost."

Truer words were never spoken.

He was The Man. Always will be.

Date: September 13, 2014 12:20

this...of course...cannot be done

my favourite is muddy waters live at newport..

the band behind him..omg..they play blues, you know the phrases we all know..but they play it different. Like jazz or something. Pure magic

Don't get me started on the man himself...smoking smiley

btw Rockman, loved your thread through the years, with all the r&r history and rarities! you come across as a one off

Date: September 13, 2014 14:03

stonesrule
I will never forget the one and only time I saw Muddy play.

Talk about PRESENCE! He was THE MAN. Impressive to the max!

man..woulda given my left marble. where was this?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 13, 2014 18:16

I saw Muddy open for Iron Butterfly (Blues Image was also on the bill). He didn't play any guitar unfortunately but I was thrilled to see him regardless. Most of the audience were there to see Iron Butterfly and didn't seem to appreciate Muddy.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 13, 2014 20:35

I got to see Muddy twice before he died. The first time, his powers were undiminished. He played a Telecaster with a pinkie slide. Pine Top Perkins and Luther Guitar Jr. Johnson were in the band. They smoked like nobody's business. I was schooled in the blues that night, standing so close to the stage that I was practically on it. Muddy's amp was right in front of me. The second time, a few years later, he sat down the whole time and his band played more warm-up songs before he came out. But I got to meet him after the show. He was standing by the van all by himself waiting for his mates. He was hungry and impatient to go eat. But he was very gracious. He died shortly after this. Never be another like him.

Date: September 13, 2014 23:36

71Tele
I got to see Muddy twice before he died. The first time, his powers were undiminished. He played a Telecaster with a pinkie slide. Pine Top Perkins and Luther Guitar Jr. Johnson were in the band. They smoked like nobody's business. I was schooled in the blues that night, standing so close to the stage that I was practically on it. Muddy's amp was right in front of me. The second time, a few years later, he sat down the whole time and his band played more warm-up songs before he came out. But I got to meet him after the show. He was standing by the van all by himself waiting for his mates. He was hungry and impatient to go eat. But he was very gracious. He died shortly after this. Never be another like him.

Fantastic! thumbs up

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 14, 2014 00:29

Muddy had a certain elegance about him. He knew who he was and what he had come from. No pretense.

I saw him at the Ash Grove in the mid-Seventies. John Hammond, the young one, wanted to introduce me. He and Muddy were friends but I didn't feel to intrude. LA was very small then and I knew many "greats" but I would never have dreamed of asking for an autograph or a "photo opp". In the case of Muddy, I kinda wish I had. I think of him now as I did then "Like a King."

Appreciated 71 Tele's account.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home