Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Searching for Under My Thumb video 1981
Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 8, 2014 19:13

I am searching for the video of Under My Thumb, 1981. At the end of this song, Mick said: '"Hey welcome Virgina, Welcome Hampton and welcome to everyone watching on TV hope your having a good time, swigging a few beers and smoking a few joints and your allright, Lets Spend the Night Together..." This version is also on Still Life.

I always thought it is from Hampton Colisseum, but I can't find it.. I am for sure there is a video of it! I've seen it before

Thanks in advance!

Re: Searching for Under My Thumb video 1981
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 8, 2014 19:22

It is indeed Hampton and the official DVD and Bluray are coming out in November.
It's gonna be awesome!

Date: September 8, 2014 19:31

Type "Rolling Stones Under My Thumb Hampton 1981" and you'll find the video.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 8, 2014 20:09

Why not skip the instructions and just post the video?

Date: September 8, 2014 20:32

Because I'm on my phone, which cannot direct link the video smiling smiley

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: September 9, 2014 05:56

You'll never find it by looking for under my thumb. The quote is from Hampton but its after when the whip comes down, right before let's spend the night together.

Posted by: beno ()
Date: September 9, 2014 14:03

Thanks for spelling out the quote, RG! I was searching for it for decades!

Date: September 9, 2014 15:14

Mr. Jimi
You'll never find it by looking for under my thumb. The quote is from Hampton but its after when the whip comes down, right before let's spend the night together.

That's true. It's only on Still Life the quote appears after UMT smiling smiley

Date: September 9, 2014 15:15

At the 5:18-mark:

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 9, 2014 17:39

Can't stand Micks "dancing" but what a great great way to open a show. Keith is having a ball. Charlie is dead on. Bill is really holding down the bottom and is prominent in the mix.

Their opening tune these days is one tenth of what this one is. The entire 81 tour opened like this. As far as I know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-09 17:41 by triceratops.

Date: September 9, 2014 17:43

triceratops
Can't stand Micks "dancing" but what a great great way to open a show. Keith is having a ball. Charlie is dead on. Bill is really holding down the bottom and is prominent in the mix.

Their opening tune these days is one tenth of what this one is. The entire 81 tour opened like this. As far as I know.

Mind you, there are some horrible UMT-intros out there from some of the first shows on the tour. Keith, in particular, didn't mind @#$%& up the intro smiling smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 9, 2014 17:49

DandelionPowderman

Mind you, there are some horrible UMT-intros out there from some of the first shows on the tour. Keith, in particular, didn't mind @#$%& up the intro smiling smiley

Fine but this does not detract from the brilliance of opening up in such a slow slinky way. It goes on for a minute plus before Mick gets to sing so he's gotta fill that time by wiggling his hairy arsespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-09 17:49 by triceratops.

Date: September 9, 2014 17:53

triceratops
DandelionPowderman

Fine but this does not detract from the brilliance of opening up in such a slow slinky way. It goes on for a minute plus before Mick gets to sing so he's gotta fill that time by wiggling his hairy arsespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The choice of opening with UMT, with that version, was excellent, imo thumbs up

Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 10, 2014 17:05

DandelionPowderman
Mr. Jimi

That's true. It's only on Still Life the quote appears after UMT smiling smiley

Great! Thanks a lot! Problem solved smiling smiley

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 10, 2014 18:23

the best live version of this tour is 81/82 my opinion...keith also great intro and throughout the song..@#$%&!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home