Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wembley 82 questions
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: April 13, 2011 07:43

Is there a good video recording from Wembley 82. What about audio(cd)?

Re: Wembley 82 questions
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 13, 2011 08:24

I don't know much about the '82 European tour. Was it different from the '81 American tour? I know we got the brilliant Brussels '73 concert after they'd been on the road from the '72 American tour. Was there any similar concert in '82?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 13, 2011 08:49

I know there is one pro shot dvd in circulation but not complete

Posted by: johnnyjolene ()
Date: April 13, 2011 09:42

Yes. I got good quality screen shot video of the gig. Under My, Tumplin, SS Cold, Hang F, Miss, Honky, Brown, Start, Jumping, Satisfaction, (end)

sleeve

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 13, 2011 10:26

There is half the gig circulating on video. The story is that it was shot on old video tape and the second half was lying on top of the mixing desk unattended when someone stole it.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: April 13, 2011 10:42

Both Wembley shows are available in audio

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 13, 2011 10:51

24FPS
I don't know much about the '82 European tour. Was it different from the '81 American tour? I know we got the brilliant Brussels '73 concert after they'd been on the road from the '72 American tour. Was there any similar concert in '82?

The stage design was a bit different. The funky US Flag dropeed by a different big painting.
Compare to the US Tour the EU Tour was pretty set and only a few dropout of songs
(Let it Bleed /Chantilly Lace) and halfway through "Angie" came on the list.
I have about 250 color slides of the two Wembley shows. Both shows very good but never topped the 2nd Frankfurt show on that tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 13, 2011 14:26

Silver Dagger
There is half the gig circulating on video. The story is that it was shot on old video tape and the second half was lying on top of the mixing desk unattended when someone stole it.

Its only about the last 45 minutes - half way through Tumbling Dice through to the end with some nice crowd shots during 'Land of Hope & Glory'.

Never heard that account of how it leaked before (no doubt its quite plausible!) but I remember that when it circulated around 1983 or so, the story was that some guy had bought the master for around £500 and had run off something like 100 1st gen copies and sold them for £45 each.

Nice little earner!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 13, 2011 15:30

Gazza
Silver Dagger

Its only about the last 45 minutes - half way through Tumbling Dice through to the end with some nice crowd shots during 'Land of Hope & Glory'.

Never heard that account of how it leaked before (no doubt its quite plausible!) but I remember that when it circulated around 1983 or so, the story was that some guy had bought the master for around £500 and had run off something like 100 1st gen copies and sold them for £45 each.

Nice little earner!

That kind of thing happened a lot in those days! I remember when an incredible Beatles video of their Abbey Road Exhibition was doing the rounds for a similar price. It had many of their promo videos at a time when seeing them all in their entirety was extremely rare.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 13, 2011 15:45

It was bought in a pub car park off an unknown person for £500. The guy who bought it ran off a few copies to sell to make some money back. He had printed sleeves 'The Waiting Is Over'and I supplied the photo on the rear of the sleeve (from Pete Still Photography collection).

I probably got the only BetaMax copy off the master.

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: April 13, 2011 16:33

Miss You -proshot from Wembley 82...follow this video uploader on the tube and you´ll get some more from this shows in good qualitythumbs up

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!
---------------------------------------------

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 13, 2011 16:40

Black Uhuru was one off the support acts!!!! Can you believe it!! Great summer day mems!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 14, 2011 19:06

Jesus frickin' kee-riste. That is the absolute funkiest Bill Wyman bass ever. And they cut to his face and nothing is happening! The guy sounds like me should be playing for Chic!

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: April 14, 2011 19:49

The whole show is on Youtube...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home