Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: FACES-tour cancelled ?!
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 13, 2011 18:28

tatters
kovach
Thricenay
Does Mick Hucknall mean anything in America? Did Simply Red have hits there?

That "Holding back the years" song was huge here in the US at one point, but that's about it.

Simply Red had TWO #1 hits in the USA, Holding Back The Years (1986) and If You Don't Know Me By Now (1989). Simply Red still has some name recognition in the States, but only an avid Simply Red fan would have any idea who Mick Hucknall is.

Ah, you're right!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 13, 2011 18:30

StonesTod
face it. the name "faces" has virtually no recognition that would command ticket sales of beyond a few hundred, if that. you talk to the average music fan and i guarantee you less than 1 in 5 would be able to tell you anything about the faces. their opportunity for any kind of sustained tour of medium-sized venues vanished when rod opted out....with him, they'd no doubt bill it as rod stewart and the faces, which is probably what he asked for, knowing that without that title, nobody would go.

true true

a subtle pun ...
face it. the name "faces"

cool smiley

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: April 13, 2011 18:32

No Rod, No Great Loss...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 13, 2011 18:33

they are CONVENIENCE fees - although it's not entirely clear for whom they are convenient....(for some reason, snl's church lady's voice just popped into my head)

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 13, 2011 18:36

still seems like a great old band with a Rolling Stone would rate a story. their efforts/budget for publicity must not have been much.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 13, 2011 19:33

I sent my tickets back today...registered mail...end of Faces story. I'm not yet going to buy tickets for TW Classics. There is no refund in case they won't show up.
Was March 9th the last time I saw some Rolling Stones (members)????

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 13, 2011 19:36

I loved the Faces when i saw them in 1975 but without Rod Stewart signing why bother going to see them!
It be like seeing the Stones without Mick Jagger!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 13, 2011 20:13

To harm:
why did you send them back.
they did not cancel TW or Bospop, did they??
bye
jeroen

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 13, 2011 20:31

corriecas
To harm:
why did you send them back.
bye
jeroen

Sorry for the confusion. I sent the Düsseldorf tickets back

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 14, 2011 01:26

corriecas

No, they didn't. Only the 3 German concerts were cancelled.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: April 15, 2011 12:29

StonesTod
ineedadrink
my guess is the tour was cancelled because of low ticket sales. or maybe an illness? who knows. i highly doubt it was cancelled because mick or keith or charlie decided to get off their ass and do some stones work. cancelling a tour is a big deal. it makes promoters look bad, there's reputations at stake, money lost, etc...

seeing mac again on thursday - i'll ask

Tod, any news from Mac you've got?

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: April 15, 2011 17:21

Gangster-of-love
StonesTod
ineedadrink
my guess is the tour was cancelled because of low ticket sales. or maybe an illness? who knows. i highly doubt it was cancelled because mick or keith or charlie decided to get off their ass and do some stones work. cancelling a tour is a big deal. it makes promoters look bad, there's reputations at stake, money lost, etc...

naw...only had a chance to shake hands and share a couple of quips last night...he didn't come over to the nearby pub after his gig as is his norm or i woulda asked. another nice set from mac, though....

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: April 15, 2011 20:24

StonesTod
Gangster-of-love
StonesTod
ineedadrink

naw...only had a chance to shake hands and share a couple of quips last night...he didn't come over to the nearby pub after his gig as is his norm or i woulda asked. another nice set from mac, though....

In anyway, thanks for your effort!

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: April 15, 2011 20:44

Gangster-of-love
StonesTod
Gangster-of-love
StonesTod
ineedadrink

In anyway, thanks for your effort!

there really wasn't much effort - he told me to keep it down in my section, and i said we would if he'd keep it down in his....and...well, he didn't, so we didn't....

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 28, 2011 21:06

mmm can anyone send me the info to refund the tickets. i didnt got an e-mail from eventim :/ even bought me an extra lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home