Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: FACES-tour cancelled ?!
Date: April 12, 2011 20:41

Thricenay
Welsh Stone
In an interview the other day Rod suggested Kelly Jones, but he would most probably be too expensive. I'd like to see Spike from the Quireboys.

I've just read that interview. Rod blames "scheduling problems" for his non-involvement in the Faces reunion. Hmm.

I can't imagine Kelly Jones would be too expensive. I think that might be Rod having a dig.

exactly right.. rod is having a laugh at the rest of faces for not agreeing to his demand and now having trouble...

the scheduling problems is BS..as has been pointed out he's playing some shows withing 50 miles of where Faces are playing!

but rod's tour ain't doing gangbusters either.. though he clearly is taking in far more money than Faces is..

rod's a shithead.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:17

The promoting radiostation in Berlin RADIO 1 said it`s cancelled cause for "logistical reasons"...

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:20

that's the official statement....thumbs down

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:27

Rocky Dijon
Rod is Adult Contemporary.

My rod is certainly adult contemporary. thumbs up spinning smiley sticking its tongue out smileys with beer

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:27

electricmud
The promoting radiostation in Berlin RADIO 1 said it`s cancelled cause for "logistical reasons"...
Yeah,logistically they couldn't sell any tickets.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:37

New Barbarians tour?

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:52

Rod is blaming scheduling problems? Ya right. More to this than anyone is willing to talk about. And I don't mean the Stones! Did touring with Stevie do him in?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 12, 2011 22:17

Elmo Lewis
New Barbarians tour?

Better call it "Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood & Friends" tour, otherwise you may have even more cancelled gigs.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 12, 2011 22:50

Ronnie, just come to Maastricht, de Bonbonnière (cap.600), 60€ tickets, same line-up as the "Faces".....maybe Mick Taylor as a guest player?
July 8th: Bospop
July 9th: TW Classic

July 12: Maastricht

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 12, 2011 23:47

alimente
Elmo Lewis
New Barbarians tour?

Better call it "Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood & Friends" tour, otherwise you may have even more cancelled gigs.

How about an Old Barbarians tour?

refund for faces tour????????
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 12, 2011 19:58

Hi,
Got a Ticket for Bospop, now Ronnie wont be there(???), would there be a refund???
Dont wanna see the other artists.
*****you Ronnie. Whats going on???
jeroen

Re: refund for faces tour????????
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:24

Why don´t you read the Faces thread? It says "all festivals will take place".

Re: refund for faces tour????????
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 12, 2011 21:34

Jeroen, take a deep breath, read the other thread and post there. No need to get angry with Ronnie and call him names.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 13, 2011 00:03

tatters
No offense to anyone, but why Germany? Were the Germans clamoring for a Faces reunion? Only to have now turned out to have been lying about it all along? If they really want to get this show on the road they've got to tour the UK and the United States.

I agree. They should also be booking theaters or larger clubs that will hold 2,000-4,000 maximum.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 13, 2011 00:23

filstan
tatters
No offense to anyone, but why Germany? Were the Germans clamoring for a Faces reunion? Only to have now turned out to have been lying about it all along? If they really want to get this show on the road they've got to tour the UK and the United States.

I agree. They should also be booking theaters or larger clubs that will hold 2,000-4,000 maximum.
This reminds me of idiotic attendance threads on sports IMBs.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 13, 2011 03:00

kovach
Thricenay
Does Mick Hucknall mean anything in America? Did Simply Red have hits there?

That "Holding back the years" song was huge here in the US at one point, but that's about it.

Simply Red had TWO #1 hits in the USA, Holding Back The Years (1986) and If You Don't Know Me By Now (1989). Simply Red still has some name recognition in the States, but only an avid Simply Red fan would have any idea who Mick Hucknall is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-13 03:04 by tatters.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 13, 2011 13:35

I don't think MH was picked for his drawing power as a big-name singer. In any case, someone who went to see the "not-Faces" on the strength of those two Mick Hucknall US hits wouldn't hear what they were expecting - his style with the new band is very different. Which is why so many here don't believe it can work - but it does, musically at any rate.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 13, 2011 14:10

where can i find official announcements on this cancellation??
jeroen

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: April 13, 2011 14:31

Green Lady
I don't think MH was picked for his drawing power as a big-name singer. In any case, someone who went to see the "not-Faces" on the strength of those two Mick Hucknall US hits wouldn't hear what they were expecting - his style with the new band is very different. Which is why so many here don't believe it can work - but it does, musically at any rate.

I've read so many reports saying that it works that I'm happy to believe it does.

As I've said before I've no problem with Rod deciding not to take part, that's his right and I've absolutely no problem with Ron, Kenney & Mac touring. My problem is that - in my opinion - it's like the Stones splitting up and many years later Ron, Bill and Charlie touring as the Stones with two replacements for the two most important members.

I suppose they could tour as The Small Faces!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 13, 2011 14:55

cjamango
i will return my ticket and go and see RINGO STARR in Frankfurt on the same day.

Talk about a glutten for punishment

Date: April 13, 2011 15:10

Green Lady

well thats fine but if they can't draw they ain't going to play any shows in the US and that would really suck for me.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 13, 2011 15:20

Their only hope of playing to large numbers of people in the states would be to go out on a summer package tour with TWO other 70s bands of equal or greater name recognition, play large outdoor amphitheaters, price the pavilion seats at $35, and the lawn seats at $10.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-13 15:23 by tatters.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 13, 2011 15:57

corriecas
where can i find official announcements on this cancellation??

[www.eventim.de]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: April 13, 2011 16:11

tatters
Their only hope of playing to large numbers of people in the states would be to go out on a summer package tour with TWO other 70s bands of equal or greater name recognition, play large outdoor amphitheaters, price the pavilion seats at $35, and the lawn seats at $10.

I think 'name recognition' is an interesting issue. Are people choosing not to buy Faces tickets because the word 'Faces' doesn't get them excited in 2011, or because they know Rod's not going to be onstage?

If it's the former, it's a problem. If it's the latter, it's an insurmountable problem.

Date: April 13, 2011 16:18

A couple of minutes ago, I had call with the promoter's office.
There's definitely no chance for rescheduling the gigs. And indeed the reason for canceling the shows must have been the poor ticket sales, as far as I could read between the lines during my call.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: April 13, 2011 16:42

Rip This
they cancelled before anyone had the opportunity to rip the set list.

>grinning smiley<

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 13, 2011 17:38

their tour hasn't had much publicity, has it? any articles, interviews..in rock mags?
If Rolling Stone or Uncut or one of them would do some kind of story, it would help...
I mean its great for us fans that Kenny, Mac, and Ronnie have played together again! Glen Matlock and Mick Hucknall getting the music so well is a story, to me, that needs wider exposure..

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 13, 2011 18:10

face it. the name "faces" has virtually no recognition that would command ticket sales of beyond a few hundred, if that. you talk to the average music fan and i guarantee you less than 1 in 5 would be able to tell you anything about the faces. their opportunity for any kind of sustained tour of medium-sized venues vanished when rod opted out....with him, they'd no doubt bill it as rod stewart and the faces, which is probably what he asked for, knowing that without that title, nobody would go.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 13, 2011 18:13

It's times like this that e-tickets are a good idea.Used to be completely free,but now I've noticed some ticket places are charging even though they have no postage fees to pay.The ticket agency should not have an excuse not to refund your credit/debit card etc. but you can bet they will try every trick in the book to keep the money. Crooks and money grabbing b*****ds I reckon. confused smiley

Date: April 13, 2011 18:17

duke richardson
their tour hasn't had much publicity, has it? any articles, interviews..in rock mags?
If Rolling Stone or Uncut or one of them would do some kind of story, it would help...
I mean its great for us fans that Kenny, Mac, and Ronnie have played together again! Glen Matlock and Mick Hucknall getting the music so well is a story, to me, that needs wider exposure..

Indeed, there was no promotion for the planned 3 shows. I was wondering myself why did they choose Stuttgart for a gig. Stuttgart isn't one of the mayor cities in Europe. Smaller venues in Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich or Cologne would have been a better choice.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home