Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pop Quiz
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 16, 2014 17:29

As this weekend marks the 45th anniversary of Woodstock, I thought I'd throw out this little brain teaser:

Only two people who performed at the original Woodstock festival in 1969 also performed at the THIRD Woodstock festival in 1999. Without looking it up, who were they?

Re: OT: Pop Quiz
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2014 17:30

Red Hot Chili Peppers and Def Leppard.

Maybe I should have looked it up?

Date: August 16, 2014 17:31

Someone probably will have to look it up. It's difficult.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 16, 2014 17:47

Richie Havens?

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: August 16, 2014 17:55

Good thread.... and difficult eye rolling smiley

Without looking it up I would guess Joe Cocker and CS&N

Probably both answers wrong >grinning smiley<

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Date: August 16, 2014 18:05

Joe Cocker and CSN is a good guess. They both played at Woodstock '69 and Woodstock '94, but neither of them was at Woodstock '99.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-16 18:09 by tatters.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 16, 2014 18:11

My guess is: Melanie and Santana?

Re: OT: Woodstock '99
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 16, 2014 18:13

Would think one (both?) would be from the Grateful Dead. Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann toured in various incarnations in the years following Jerry Garcia's death.

Date: August 16, 2014 18:14

runaway
My guess is: Melanie and Santana?

Nope. Santana is another one who made it to the first two Woodstocks, but not the third.

From Wikipedia:

Performers from the original Woodstock appearing at Woodstock '94 were The Band, Santana, Joe Cocker, Country Joe McDonald, John Sebastian, surviving members of Sweetwater, and Crosby, Stills, & Nash. Additionally, Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady of Jefferson Airplane, and Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead, all Woodstock alumni, also appeared at the latter festival, performing with the Band on guitar; bass; and guitar and vocals, respectively.

Hint: Neither of the two performers who were at Woodstock '69 and '99 were at Woodstock '94

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-16 18:18 by tatters.

Date: August 16, 2014 18:15

bye bye johnny
Would think one (both?) would be from the Grateful Dead. Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann toured in various incarnations in the years following Jerry Garcia's death.

One of them is one of the correct answers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-16 18:16 by tatters.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 16, 2014 21:25

Kind of a trick question. (I looked up the answer and I'd be hard pressed if anyone could answer that)

Date: August 16, 2014 21:27

This quiz is fun spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It`s pretty hard not to simply google that thing.... but I don`t wanna spoil the party, so I keep guessing.

Now we found one - at least, we know he used to play for Grateful dead.

Next guess: CCR was there in 1969 - was John Fogerty there as solo artist in 1999???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-16 21:28 by Steinschlag.

Date: August 16, 2014 21:40

Steinschlag

Now we found one - at least, we know he used to play for Grateful dead.

Next guess: CCR was there in 1969 - was John Fogerty there as solo artist in 1999???

No, but bye bye Johnny narrowed it down enough so that I think we can agree that we have ONE correct answer. Here's Mickey Hart, drummer for the Grateful Dead, performing at Woodstock '99.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-16 21:40 by tatters.

Date: August 16, 2014 21:45

RollingFreak
Kind of a trick question. (I looked up the answer and I'd be hard pressed if anyone could answer that)

Not sure if it's a trick, exactly, but it would take a very hardcore fan of the band he was a member of to know the answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-16 22:29 by tatters.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 16, 2014 21:45

Very tricky question and a fun quiz. thumbs up

I'm curious and I also looked up the answer, but I won't spoil the game.

Date: August 16, 2014 21:51

I asked this very same question on a fan page of the group this guy was in. It took them a while to get it.

Date: August 16, 2014 22:51

tatters
I asked this very same question on a fan page of the group this guy was in. It took them a while to get it.

So - the hint that it is a "band member" ruins my next guess, which would have been Arlo Guthrie....

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 16, 2014 23:38

Leslie West and Alvin Lee?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 17, 2014 00:52

Jiki and Janis.
They didn't appear at the '94 festival because they were dead but they'd got better in time for '99.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 17, 2014 11:35

Maybe the woman singer; used to hang out with Bob Dylan. I cant rememebr her name.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 17, 2014 11:58

Palace Revolution 2000
Maybe the woman singer; used to hang out with Bob Dylan. I cant rememebr her name.

...Joan Baez?!

Date: August 17, 2014 12:48

ok we were given mickey hart and i think i know the other answer because it was so weird. this could have actually been a different festival but was john entwistle of the who at woodstock '99 performing on stage for "new artists" or "up and coming" musicians or something like that? i remember entwistle playing at festival as a solo artist in the 90's/early 00's and i thought it was weird he was on stage for unknown people and he had been around for at least 30 years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-17 12:49 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: August 17, 2014 15:21

keefriffhard4life
ok we were given mickey hart and i think i know the other answer because it was so weird. this could have actually been a different festival but was john entwistle of the who at woodstock '99 performing on stage for "new artists" or "up and coming" musicians or something like that? i remember entwistle playing at festival as a solo artist in the 90's/early 00's and i thought it was weird he was on stage for unknown people and he had been around for at least 30 years

smileys with beer

Date: August 17, 2014 15:23

John Entwistle of the Who, inexplicably performing on the Emerging Artists Stage, Woodstock '99.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 17, 2014 16:22

What's the prize for the winner, tatters?

Date: August 18, 2014 00:59

tatters
John Entwistle of the Who, inexplicably performing on the Emerging Artists Stage, Woodstock '99.

[www.youtube.com]

yeah thats what it was called "emerging artists". i couldn't remember if that was woodstock 99 or something else but i remember that performance and that stage and thinking it was weird. had entwistle not been on the "emerging artists" stage i probably would have forgotten about it.

edit: i just looked up woodstock 99 since the quiz is over and muse is the only band from that stage that went on to make it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 01:00 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 18, 2014 02:06

This was a cool quiz. Made me appreciate the Ox even more!

Date: August 18, 2014 03:33

keefriffhard4life

i just looked up woodstock 99 since the quiz is over and muse is the only band from that stage that went on to make it

Moby and Fatboy Slim did alright, if you like that sort of thing, but yeah, most of those "emerging artists" are people I've never even heard of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 14:23 by tatters.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1192
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home