Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: RIP Lauren Bacall
Posted by: roryg ()
Date: August 13, 2014 04:13

[www.latimes.com]
Back with Bogie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-13 08:46 by bv.

Re: RIP Lauren Bacall
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 13, 2014 04:26

A wonderful and majorly talented woman, and a long rich life. I feel sad and happy at the same time.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: August 13, 2014 04:31

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 13, 2014 04:41

Does anyone remember that hit from '82 that name checks Bogie and Bacall and the Key Largo film, after which the song was titled?

Wrapped around each other
Trying so hard to stay warm
That first cold winter together
Lying in each others arms
Watching those old movies
Falling in love so desperately
Honey, I was your hero
And you were my leading lady

We had it all
Just like Bogie and Bacall
Starring in our old late, late show
Sailing away to Key Largo

Here's lookin' at you kid
Missing all the things we did
We can find it once again, I know
Just like they did in Key Largo

Honey, can't you remember
We played all the parts
That sweet scene of surrender
When you gave me your heart
Please say you will
Play it again
'Cause I love you still
Baby, this can't be the end

We had it all
(We had it all)

Here's lookin' at you kid
(Here's lookin' at you kid)
Missing all the things we did
We can find it once again, I know
Just like they did in Key Largo

We had it all
(We had it all)

I posted the above clip because it has lots of photos, but the sound quality was poor. Here's the official video with HD sound quality.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: August 13, 2014 05:38

So sad to hear, classy lady. RIP Lauren.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: August 13, 2014 06:49

To my mind, in her prime, the hottest woman ever. And wonderful onscreen with Bogie. Surprised she lived to be 89 -- seems she smoked a lot! Anyway, hard to be sad when someone lives a long productive life. Good job, Ms. Bacall.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 13, 2014 06:52

A contemporary memory I have of Lauren Bacall is the 1981 film The Fan, where she plays a movie star who is stalked by an obsessive fan--which is somewhat ironic because when this film was in production she was living in the Dakota building in New York at the time John Lennon was shot.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 13, 2014 07:24

My two greatest Bacall moments are the iconic scene with Hoagy Carmichael where he asks her if she's still happy, and her appearance on the Sopranos where she gets robbed and screams "my f!&^@ng ARM!" Great.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 13, 2014 07:34

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 13, 2014 08:08

That voice. Now that was a classy dame.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 13, 2014 08:47

Wasn't she on the original Some Girls album sleeve released only in Europe before the 1978 tour? I have two Some Girls albums. One released with Lauren for Europe and the second without for the USA. Mick had a fit. Do I remember correct? Did 't Ball and Taylor get in on this too?

Re: OT: RIP Lauren Bacall
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 13, 2014 12:02

Sheer class.

She deserves a statue for shedding her light over this world...

R.I.P.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 13, 2014 13:55

Such a good looker ,and such a great actress. R.I.P. Lauren

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: August 13, 2014 15:05

A true classy lady...RIP Lauren...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 13, 2014 16:29

You know how to whistle don't you Steve? Just put your lips together and blow. One of the most iconic lines in movie history. Very classy lady.RIP

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 13, 2014 16:33

slew
You know how to whistle don't you Steve? Just put your lips together and blow. One of the most iconic lines in movie history. Very classy lady.RIP

That was one of the first things that I thought of slew, that famous line. I can't imagine anyone saying it the way Lauren Bacall did. Her autobiography is supposed to be very good. She was very beautiful, but that wasn't all there was to her. A very smart, funny, talented woman who lived a full life. Can't ask for much more than that.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: August 13, 2014 18:48

I always likes Lauren Bacall. One of my favorite movies is Key Largo where her and Bogart had that great chemistry.
Bacall is also the first person to use the term 'Rat Pack" to reference the group of people who hung around Bogarts home in the 50's. She's said to have called him and his friends that after they returned from Vegas and she thought they looked "liked a goddamn rat pack". Sinatra was one of the original members.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 13, 2014 19:10

Carnaby

Yeah bad week for Keef : he probably "partied" with Robin in the early 80's (thru the "Belushi connection" ) and had dinner with Lauren...

'O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-13 19:11 by dcba.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: August 13, 2014 19:14

A great actress and real class..May she rest in peace.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: August 13, 2014 19:53

R.I.P.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 13, 2014 20:13

She should also be remembered for standing up to the right-wing witch hunters looking for communists in Hollywood in the 1950's. As everyone has been saying, she personified class all around.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: August 13, 2014 20:48

The Icon of Cool.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 13, 2014 21:25

To me, growing up, Bogie (I mean the persona, maybe not the actual guy) was the personification of cool, and macho, and in some ways I looked at Keith as exemplifying the same vibe for a newer generation. Those were the two guys who were the hippest a man could be (of course it's all image).

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()
Date: August 15, 2014 19:59

I remember reading somewhere that after sitting at a table with Keith, she said "He reminds me of Bogey". The ultimate compliment from Bacall. It could have been the night when the photo, posted earlier, was taken.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 15, 2014 22:39

I have a Lauren Bacall story.....

In 2005 I was on a flight from Toronto to New York. I had been visiting friends in Toronto, and was heading to New York to see the Stones at MSG and Giants Stadium.

At that time, the Toronto film festival was on and so the place was filled with actors and movie types (in fact, while in Toronto I went to the premiere of the Brian Jones biopic "Stoned").

Anyway, on the flight from Toronto to NY I was sitting in first class, in row 1, surrounded by a lot of models and other "movie types"....and sitting directly behind me in row 2 was Lauren Bacall. When she entered the plane all the movie types immediately got up and told Lauren how amazing she was and how much they loved her work.

Anyway, when I was in Toronto I had visited some wineries and had bought some wine. I put one of the bottles in the overhead compartment. When we arrived in New York the flight attendants have the usual warning to take care when opening the overhead lockers as items may have moved around during the flight, but I stupidly forgot that I had left a bottle of wine rolling loose around the overhead compartment above my seat. When we arrived in New York I stood up, and Lauren also stood up right next to me. I went straight to he overhead compartment and opened it..... And my bottle of wine came flying out like a missile, only just missing Lauren's head before landing safely on the floor with a loud "thump".

The entire first class cabin of movie types breathed in simultaneously and turned to me with accusing eyes, I who had almost killed their idol with my foolishly misplaced wine bottle projectile. But Ms Bacall remained calm....she looked me in the eye, shifted her gaze to the wine bottle that had almost killed her that now was lying safely on the floor, and then shifted her gaze back to me, and in her smoky, gravelly voice she uttered just one word...."Oops".

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 15, 2014 23:04

One of the coolest women ever to walk the planet. RIP Lauren Bacall.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 16, 2014 23:31

She was such a classy and beautiful woman !

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 17, 2014 00:26

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 17, 2014 00:35

Loved that john lomax.

As so many have said.................what a cool,classy,beautiful woman.

Can really see what Humphrey , Jason , Frank.................amongst so many others, saw in her.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 17, 2014 01:19

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-17 02:04 by Stoneage.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home