Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: "Hi, it's Copi again!!"
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 15, 2014 11:29

"Hi there !!

This is Copi from Argentina again…
Thanks for your time !
I like to inform about my NEW list of ORIGINAL CDs just imported from Japan !
ALL IN NEW CONDITION WITH HIS ORIGINAL COVERS….**"

...That's the way this 'Copi cat ' starts his (spam-/bunk-) e-mails on an almost daily basis.

I have no interest in the guy's business whatsover, and been trying to get that message accross to him since 5 months now. I've replied friendly, politely, urgingly, etc. - and most of all: repeatedly; asking him to take me off of his mailinglist. No reaction, whatsoever; the mails keep on coming.

I'm getting réally TIRED of this bloke and his constant, (for me) useless mailings. Anybody has any experience with him? Maybe a (-nother) direct e-mailaddress where I can reach him? (The sale messages come from [email protected]) - or else: anybody with experience in blocking unwanted mailings/ mailers like this?!?

Much appreciated, everyone -

Re: OT: "Hi, it's Copi again!!"
Date: August 15, 2014 11:37

Discussing individuals is a quick way out of IORR - no matter how noble the cause is... Just saying, RoughJusticeOnYa.

Date: August 15, 2014 12:31

My bad if so - and thanx for pointing that out!

But I don't intend to discuss 'individuals'; this looks more like a business practice (advertising mailings) to me... plus indecent e-mail/internet behaviour (spam, + refusal to unsubscribe), for that matter.

And since this advertising is about (bootleg) CD's, I wouldn't be surprised if other people over here have experience with that company too - that 's the reason why I'm putting it out here.
Plus: I'm at the end of my resources... I've never experienced a persisting spammer like that; so I have no clue about how to keep them out... (ordinary 'blocking' doesn't work.)

So that's the reason why I'm posting this.
I hope everybody is cool with that...
So I'd be grateful if BV would let the feedback coming.

Cheerz!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 15, 2014 12:32

Just mark his email as spam, report it to Google and you won't receive them anymore. Why would you bother replying numerous times?

Date: August 15, 2014 12:58

Well, I'm old skool - I believe in response; in people responding accordingly, when asked something respectfully & courteaously.
(Meaning: I didn't know what else to do. cool smiley )

Thx for the suggestion, Lorenz!
I didn't know (& don't know how) you can report a thing like that to Google?!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 15, 2014 17:41

Just report and block. You are wasting your energy continuing to contact him.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 15, 2014 23:30

Replying to him makes it worse--when spammers get a reply, they know there's a live person reading their mails, and just maybe one day you'll fall for one of their mailings . . . As previously said, ignore, mark as spam (which should send it straight to your spam folder), and if possible block.

Date: August 15, 2014 23:35

A cd seller contacting a IORRer might not be spam, though. Rather a persistent seller, presumably?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 16, 2014 00:32

Well, I guess if you persist long enough, especially after being told not to, it becomes spam?

Date: August 16, 2014 10:03

Aquamarine
Well, I guess if you persist long enough, especially after being told not to, it becomes spam?

You got a point...

I was thinking about a spam robot.

Date: August 16, 2014 11:38

People,

Thanx for your reactions!
I reported it to Google, as Lorenz suggested; I must add I don't receive the 'spam' mails on my gmailaccount; but it's him who uses a gmail-address to send it out... I hope that will suffice for the Google 'people' to take this seriously.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home