Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Update on future THE DOORS archive releases
Date: April 5, 2011 13:30

this is directly from the bands management:

1. The 40th Anniversary Edition of LA Woman WILL come out this year, in the 4th Quarter. Bruce Botnick has - gasp - unearthed a bunch of multitrack outtakes, alternate takes and loads of studio chatter between Jim and the guys, all of which was heretofore believed long-gone. He's also working on some veeeerrrrry interesting special additions as well. All I can tell you is, he's been talking to Marc Benno and Jerry Scheff. And Holzman. We also have some really, reeeeaaaally interesting stuff to present to you guys, some special products around LA Woman - stay tuned;

2. Eagle Vision is in pre-production on a special "The Making Of LA Woman" DVD in their "Classic Albums" series - it will come out this year in the 4th Quarter as well, at the same time as the album;

3. The Matrix Box Set and the recut, remastered, Blu-Ray Hollywood Bowl WILL come out - but, in light of some of the news above, probably not this year. THIS year is the only year we can do LA Woman stuff, and we neither Rhino nor Eagle Vision are willing to have too many products in the market at once. Therefore, since we can't get HB or Matrix ready to come by May or June of this year, we have will almost certainly have to push all non-LA Woman stuff back a few months after LA Woman releases, which will take us into 2012.

he also stated the 40th anniversary remasters will be discontinued soon as these were limited editions and the original mixes will be re-released. also the FELT FORUM boxset and both formats of the perception boxset are discontinued

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-05 13:30 by keefriffhard4life.

Re: OT: Update on future THE DOORS archive releases
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:00

veeeerrrrry interesting

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 5, 2011 14:46

can't wait for the l.a. woman releases

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 5, 2011 17:13

Yay don't you love her madly
wanna meet her daddy
don't you love her ways
tell me what you say

Date: April 5, 2011 18:07

ghostryder13
can't wait for the l.a. woman releases

yeah that looks interesting. as long as it still includes the b-side "don't need go no further" on the discs then i'll be happy.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: April 5, 2011 18:11

I'll probably get this. I suppose they'll put both the original mix and the Perception box DVD A remix on one disc, and the outtakes on the second disc.

Date: April 5, 2011 18:13

Nikolai
I'll probably get this. I suppose they'll put both the original mix and the Perception box DVD A remix on one disc, and the outtakes on the second disc.

i guess. maybe they'll still leave the 40th anniversary mix on there which was better because it didn't leave anything on the cutting room floor

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 5, 2011 18:13

the reissue series from a few years back featured lots of outtakes on all the albums...seems so "convenient" that some new stuff surfaced in time for yet another repackaging. and, folks wonder why illegal downloading is so popular....

Date: April 5, 2011 18:24

StonesTod
the reissue series from a few years back featured lots of outtakes on all the albums...seems so "convenient" that some new stuff surfaced in time for yet another repackaging. and, folks wonder why illegal downloading is so popular....

the l.a. woman reissue didn't feature anything unreleased though because at the time they said everything was missing from that session.

Date: April 5, 2011 18:27

keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

the l.a. woman reissue didn't feature anything unreleased though because at the time they said everything was missing from that session.

aside from the don't go no further bside, the earlier reissue also had the hitherto unreleased orange county suite. not sure what session it was from...maybe that's your point.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 5, 2011 18:37

I got the Doors PERCEPTION collection a few years ago and loved all the outtakes (especially the multiple outtakes from the "Road House Blues" session). I look forward to these new ones.

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: April 5, 2011 18:42

I remember when the Alive She Cried album came out. The story was that the tapes were found in the bottom drawer of an old desk and not to expect ANY more Doors material because it was only luck that was involved in finding these tapes. More and more, I think that all these "found" tapes are in a vault that the band has rented out.....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 5, 2011 19:12

Much as I love the Doors, they seem pretty played out. I have the DVD video collection and it pretty much fills all my Doors needs. Okay, put the Hollywood Bowl show on Blu-Ray. But those weird scenes inside the gold mine have been panned and panned and panned. They can't take old, unfinished instrumental cuts and add lyrics and Morrison vocals.

Date: April 5, 2011 19:16

...That 'management' really sounds (still) very 'faaaaaar out!' to me... drinking smiley
But come to think of it: I could do with a a remastered "LA Woman" + outtakes & unreleased gems from that/those session/-s.
Always been one of my 'ultimate' ones, that album...

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Date: April 5, 2011 19:32

StonesTod
keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

aside from the don't go no further bside, the earlier reissue also had the hitherto unreleased orange county suite. not sure what session it was from...maybe that's your point.

yes it had a b-side that was available already if you had the single and the orange county suite was already released on the 1997 boxset. orange county suite is a song the doors finished off in 1997 for the boxset. it was originally just jim's vocals and piano chords. i believe it was recorded during the l.a. woman sessions though

Date: April 5, 2011 19:36

didn't realize it was released on the earlier boxset - have had on boot tapes going back several decades now.

incidentally, the two doors albums released after jim died aren't half-bad...was listening to those over the weekend as well as the krieger-densmore act that followed - the butts band. good music on those as well.

Date: April 5, 2011 19:42

StonesTod
didn't realize it was released on the earlier boxset - have had on boot tapes going back several decades now.

incidentally, the two doors albums released after jim died aren't half-bad...was listening to those over the weekend as well as the krieger-densmore act that followed - the butts band. good music on those as well.

they still keep saying they'll release those two albums they did as a 3 piece someday. krieger and manzarek said they'll probably make it a 2 cd set with a few outtakes and that b-side only tune "tree trunk".

funny enough there was a recent article saying the doors wanted paul rodgers to replace jim but i never heard that. the long standing rumors were iggy pop and eric burdon were the only people being considered to replace jim

Date: April 5, 2011 19:43

keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

they still keep saying they'll release those two albums they did as a 3 piece someday. krieger and manzarek said they'll probably make it a 2 cd set with a few outtakes and that b-side only tune "tree trunk".

funny enough there was a recent article saying the doors wanted paul rodgers to replace jim but i never heard that. the long standing rumors were iggy pop and eric burdon were the only people being considered to replace jim

well, burdon did "replace" jim in a sense with the burdon-krieger band a couple of decades ago, although they leaned mostly on animals tunes....

Date: April 5, 2011 19:44

StonesTod
keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

well, burdon did "replace" jim in a sense with the burdon-krieger band a couple of decades ago, although they leaned mostly on animals tunes....

still though its odd that for 40 years there was never a mention of paul rodgers until this year. i know most doors fans heard about the other 2

Date: April 5, 2011 19:49

keefriffhard4life
StonesTod
keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

still though its odd that for 40 years there was never a mention of paul rodgers until this year. i know most doors fans heard about the other 2

not a fit, vocally. paul's a great bluesrock shouter, but jim was more of a rock crooner. i quite like the guys ray and robbie have hired for their shows over the past few years. they were more out of the jimbo mold.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: April 5, 2011 19:53

keefriffhard4life
...the long standing rumors were iggy pop and eric burdon were the only people being considered to replace jim

Kevin Coyne was asked, too...
He wasn´t interested in becoming a "star", though, and already had a musical career.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 6, 2011 02:26

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 6, 2011 14:34

orange county suite (without the doors 1997 overdubs)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home