Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The World Cannot End...
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 2, 2011 23:13

...without Mick Taylor playing with the band again. Does his playing on this 2009 video not just sweep you away....He is obviously still at he top of his game...hasn't lost anything..

MickTaylor2009

Re: The World Cannot End...
Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 2, 2011 23:15

First of all there needs to be a band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-02 23:18 by stones78.

Date: April 2, 2011 23:19

Yeah...ya got that right...let's hope for a surprise ending...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 2, 2011 23:40

Nice to see the video again .The link from You Tube wasn't available anymore ,but I can't stop listening to that number, and watching Mick Taylor playing .
It was the time when Amsterdamned would say :"This clip reflects life, and in the end that's what it is all about.Great post Swaystones"

My secret affair with Mick (Taylor ) Skegness Rock and Blues 2010

[www.iorr.org]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 2, 2011 23:52

I didn't notice there was a relatively recent thread on this video...and comments...bad notes? out of tune?...nothing out of the order though...still like it...a lot...Cheers

Date: April 3, 2011 00:07

You know...when Mick and Mick were in the studio working on PMS...I would think the topic came up in conversation while they were noodling around..something like...'So...what are you doing next year?' If not, then there was an elephant in the room with them.
Plus, Mick and Keith were a too cagey about name-dropping Taylor's name even though he was a big part of the L&G and Exile re-releases...up until Taylor's surprise appearance on stage with Ronnie. It looks like strategic marketing going on...downplay it, hint at it, run-through it..I think we're going to have a complete band next year with MT back...

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: April 3, 2011 00:21

mick is still at the top of his game? you're kidding, right?
i'm sorry, but judging by that video his playing abilities have declined drastically. he's good as a bar band. that's about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-03 00:23 by ineedadrink.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 3, 2011 00:28

i recommend he undergo some sort of physical conditioning beforehand

Date: April 3, 2011 03:08

Taylor would shut Richards up with that horrible noodling excuse of a solo. No more bullying ronnie for the solos and would be put back where he belongs....RHYTYM!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 3, 2011 03:22

ineedadrink
i'm sorry, but judging by that video his playing abilities have declined drastically. he's good as a bar band. that's about it.

True. But he is better than certain two other guitarists are right now.

Date: April 4, 2011 23:01

ineedadrink

When was the last time you saw Mick Taylor playing live ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 4, 2011 23:34

god he's fat. I mean Im sorry, but he has got to "look" the part to some degree. It would look pretty weird to have him up there with the Stones with that doublechin and mom jeans.

If he's comin back, he better be training...hard. Looks like he couldn't get insured..the stresses of the road could cause a hart attack at this point...I mean the bloke can't even get through his little mini-tours last I checked.

Date: April 4, 2011 23:50

lettingitbleed
god he's fat. I mean Im sorry, but he has got to "look" the part to some degree. It would look pretty weird to have him up there with the Stones with that doublechin and mom jeans.

If he's comin back, he better be training...hard. Looks like he couldn't get insured..the stresses of the road could cause a hart attack at this point...I mean the bloke can't even get through his little mini-tours last I checked.

1st of all,you shouldn't have written g but a" G " & "hart "with an "e" .
For the rest , you shouldn't be allowed to write such offensive words.
IF he ever tours with the Stones again ....well ,it would be great & IMO,he would know how to play guitar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-04 23:52 by SwayStones.

Date: April 5, 2011 00:00

I shouldn't be allowed to state the obvious?? Look, he's fat. Just the way it is. Do you really disagree?

I love him as much as the next fan but can you really say he would look right up on stage with the Stones? They still look like rock stars and...he doesn't...he looks like my Dad. Regarding your other suggestions, not sure I should take advice on how to write English from a "Frenchie" smiling smiley

Date: April 5, 2011 00:46

lettingitbleed
I shouldn't be allowed to state the obvious?? Look, he's fat. Just the way it is. Do you really disagree?

I love him as much as the next fan but can you really say he would look right up on stage with the Stones? They still look like rock stars and...he doesn't...he looks like my Dad. Regarding your other suggestions, not sure I should take advice on how to write English from a "Frenchie" smiling smiley

<<Look, he's fat. Just the way it is. Do you really disagree?<<

I don't give a f uck about Mick Taylor 's weight .
I was talking about his guitar playing .

<<Regarding your other suggestions, not sure I should take advice on how to write English from a "Frenchie" <<

Sure you shouldn't ...unless you're an English native speaker .....or better than I am .tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 5, 2011 00:51

lettingitbleed

Why is an unhealthy overweight person better than an unhealthy underweight person (Ron Wood)? What the f uck does it mean that they "look like "rock stars" and he doesn't? They don't look so great to me (ok, Charlie is very elegant and Mick is in good shape, but the other two?). Why people value appearance more than music is beyond me anyway.

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: April 5, 2011 01:24

I'm less concerned about his appearance than I am with him having a massive heart attack onstage. His heart must look like an American football filled with ricotta cheese.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 5, 2011 01:25

Hey he may look a little old and dumpy, but to the same critics saying that, half of you want Bill Wyman back - and he looks like the frickin' crypt keeper! As do Keith and Ronnie. So if you're gonna talk appearances, there you go. If you want to talk MUSIC, well, bar band typical or not, Mick Taylor could still play circles around every other guitarist in the band.

Date: April 5, 2011 02:01

It's not that he looks old..he doesn't. He still has all his hair, (too much?) It's that he is obese! And those clothes are awful. I'm not saying he needs to look 20 again or wear sparkles and spandex but good god man, get some sort of stage clothes! I can't see why you all pretend this doesn't matter. Sorry fellas, looks do matter. Maybe those upset by this fact are carrying around a bit too much in the gut too eh?

The remaining Stones, (Wyman included) still look good. Sure, they got wrinkles like crazy but other than that, they look like they did at their prime. Christ, Ronnie's hair ain't changed a bit. And they dress well! And dont try to say you don't know what "looking like a rock star" is. Please. In fact I would go as far as to say Wyman looks better then he did back in the day!

Look I love MT and all he has brought to our favorite group...but he looks like shite...you know it and I know it.

Date: April 5, 2011 02:40

lettingitbleed
It's not that he looks old..he doesn't. He still has all his hair, (too much?) It's that he is obese! And those clothes are awful. I'm not saying he needs to look 20 again or wear sparkles and spandex but good god man, get some sort of stage clothes! I can't see why you all pretend this doesn't matter. Sorry fellas, looks do matter. Maybe those upset by this fact are carrying around a bit too much in the gut too eh?

The remaining Stones, (Wyman included) still look good. Sure, they got wrinkles like crazy but other than that, they look like they did at their prime. Christ, Ronnie's hair ain't changed a bit. And they dress well! And dont try to say you don't know what "looking like a rock star" is. Please. In fact I would go as far as to say Wyman looks better then he did back in the day!

Look I love MT and all he has brought to our favorite group...but he looks like shite...you know it and I know it.

So let me get this straight. You can be strung out, incoherent, frightfully thin from alcoholism, dye your hair (it looks just like it always did!), but don't you dare be fat or wear unattractive clothes.

OK, I get it.

Date: April 5, 2011 02:54

my mistake, 71...MT looks fabulous and it's Ron and Keith that look bad.

Date: April 5, 2011 04:11

lettingitbleed
my mistake, 71...MT looks fabulous and it's Ron and Keith that look bad.

All three look bad. My point is that a fat Taylor doesn't look worse than a malnourished Ronnie with a wig or dyed black hair.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 5, 2011 04:19

They should've required Solomon Burke to lose about 300 lbs. before allowing him on stage w/them, right?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 5, 2011 04:26

Ah, come on, for what they've done to themselves over the years, that they're still with us is a blessing (thus the overly-uttered "glad to be anywhere" from KR). My wife always points out that Mick J and Ronnie W look like they are disintegrating. I'm just glad MT, RW, MJ, KR, CW and BW are alive and playing music and I can hope that they will give us a tour together like the original post up top here said. It would be a fantastic thing to do, but hey, only if they want to and all are in good enough health, right? Only if they want to make a $$zillion one more time.......

Date: April 5, 2011 04:33

Tate
Ah, come on, for what they've done to themselves over the years, that they're still with us is a blessing (thus the overly-uttered "glad to be anywhere" from KR). My wife always points out that Mick J and Ronnie W look like they are disintegrating. I'm just glad MT, RW, MJ, KR, CW and BW are alive and playing music and I can hope that they will give us a tour together like the original post up top here said. It would be a fantastic thing to do, but hey, only if they want to and all are in good enough health, right? Only if they want to make a $$zillion one more time.......

I'm glad too. I just get sick of the "Can't let Taylor play. He's fat and doesn't look like a rock star" comments.

Date: April 5, 2011 04:42

Actually, as far as "looking the part" goes, I do remember Wayne Perkins telling a story about a weird moment where he was standing in the studio, and Charlie & Mick walked up and stood to either side of him so Keith/Bill/whoever could see if he physically looked like he fit in.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2011 04:50

lettingitbleed

You sound like you have a 'fat head'...I hope that no one would hold that against you.

Be careful...it will only worsen with age.

Date: April 5, 2011 04:55

Here's the Wayne Perkins anecdote I was referring to:

"Far as I know, I was the last one to audition for the Stones job. They had rented a theater in Rotterdam. I basically got off the plane and walked into the audition room," recalls Perkins. "Keith was sitting on a couch with Bill Wyman. And there was a spotlight in the middle of the room. I set my guitars down and was just standing there, and they're all looking up at me. I had never met them before. I was standing there in that spotlight. It was kind of understood that that's where I was supposed to stand because nobody offered a chair. I was talking to Keith when suddenly Jagger and Charlie Watts came up behind me, and they both stood right next to me, really close. Mick and Charlie were looking straight ahead, they wouldn't even look at me. I looked to each side and both of them are staring straight ahead like they're posing for an album cover. Then they walked off without saying a word. They put me in the center of this portrait thing that they were doing, like a lineup. They wanted to see if I looked like a Rolling Stone, and I hadn't even played a note for 'em yet."

Full article here:

[www.bwcitypaper.com]

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 5, 2011 07:55

Fat or not, given Taylor's recent habit of cancelling tours (particularly in America), he can't be depended upon for any significant touring.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 5, 2011 10:43

palerider22
...without Mick Taylor playing with the band again. Does his playing on this 2009 video not just sweep you away....He is obviously still at he top of his game...hasn't lost anything..

MickTaylor2009

You're joking right? Please tell me you are...his playing is terrible, bum notes, noodling up and down the scales. To my mind that is not focused playing and I would have been disappointed if I had attended that show based on that clip.

As for the dreamers with regards to MT rejoining for a tour I will eat my own hair if that happens.

Don't get me wrong MT was a great player in his time but not now.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home