Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Eddie Vedder New Ukulele Solo Album
Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 2, 2011 16:48

Grunge legend Eddie Vedder has announced he will release a ukulele solo album. The Pearl Jam frontman will follow in the footsteps of Tiny Tim, George Formby and Amanda Palmer, releasing a collection of original songs (and three covers) performed on a teeny-tiny acoustic guitar.

Cat Power and Glen Hansard guest on the aptly named Ukulele Songs, which will be released 30 May. After nine records with Pearl Jam, it is only Vedder's second solo LP; in 2007 he put out an album's worth of songs for the film Into the Wild. This time, although Vedder's gravelly voice is, as ever, intact, the songs are influenced by Vedder's increasingly frequent solo performances, and the convenience of a guitar that can fit into a hat box.

Alongside 12 originals, Vedder covers the Everly Brothers' Sleepless Nights, the Mamas and the Papas' Dream a Little Dream, uke classic Tonight You Belong To Me, and Pearl Jam's own Can't Keep. One track, Longing to Belong, is out now; it's got Vedder, a jaunty strum, and a bowed cello, for gravitas.

Also due at the end of May is Water on the Road, a live concert DVD with footage from two of Vedder's solo shows in mid-August 2008, in Washington DC. The film was directed by Christoph Green and former Fugazi drummer Brendan Canty, who previously worked together on live DVDs for Wilco and Jeff Tweedy.

Re: OT: Eddie Vedder New Ukulele Solo Album
Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 2, 2011 18:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-02 18:18 by winter.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 2, 2011 19:47

winter

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 2, 2011 22:25

winter

Yeah I just heard about this guy a couple of weeks ago.The Jimi Hendrix of the Uke.....As for Eddie. I think I'll pass on his album.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home