Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Just got Elvis Costello tickets! Fun!
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 1, 2011 17:18

So I just got tickets to see Elvis Costello here in Maine in July. Always wanted to see him live. Been a fan for a long time... He's another hard working musician, perhaps a bit pretentious at times, but tons of albums, and many of his recent rock and roll albums have been very good. Can't wait! Any Elvis fans out there?

Re: OT: Just got Elvis Costello tickets! Fun!
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 1, 2011 17:19

Tate
So I just got tickets to see Elvis Costello here in Maine in July. Always wanted to see him live. Been a fan for a long time... He's another hard working musician, perhaps a bit pretentious at times, but tons of albums, and many of his recent rock and roll albums have been very good. Can't wait! Any Elvis fans out there?

Yes, me. This is one of the greatest bands you will ever see. identical to the original Attractions except for the bassist. They are doing the Spinning Songbook this tour, which they did back in '86. Should be great fun.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 1, 2011 19:06

going to see him this fall solo, get the tickets for my wedding anniversary

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 1, 2011 19:08

Love Elvis. Would like to see the spinning songbook show. But can't make it. Have fun Tate. Should be a good show.

Date: April 1, 2011 20:50

Thanks, all. I'll give a full report.

Posted by: Mainman ()
Date: April 1, 2011 22:00

...yet another wierd thread!

Just where DOES he get the time?

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 2, 2011 03:53

Good for you Tate! I have seen him twice with the Imposters. Once on the When I Was Cruel tour, then the Delivery Man tour. I have desperately wanted to see him again last few times he has rolled through my town but never seem to have the money. Anyway, it should be a great show!

Date: April 2, 2011 04:04

I'd love to see him myself, but I daren't miss my gaelic class for that evening.

...hurdy, gurdy, gurdy, gurdy,gurdy, gurdy...

Date: April 2, 2011 04:59

Mainman
I'd love to see him myself, but I daren't miss my gaelic class for that evening.

Maybe you're thinking of Donovan, not Elvis Costello?

Date: April 2, 2011 05:03

71Tele
Mainman

No I think he's thinking of gay licks.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 2, 2011 06:12

I saw Elvis as a surprise guest with Furthur (Grateful Dead) at Radio City Music hall on March 27 and Diana Krall played too. Great show!

Date: April 2, 2011 16:32

71Tele
Mainman

You seem well-versed on Donovan, that attention-seeking idiot from Scotland.

...then again, it takes one to know one!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 2, 2011 16:45

Woooo slow down mainman. No need for the trolling hostility dude. You don't like Elvis then skip along to another log to fester under.

Anyhow. Elvis is a great show! I saw him a few times in Detroit. First when I was a young pup for This Year's Model tour. I was captivated. Then again for Get Happy and I was happy.
The band I play in, we recently started doing Pump it Up. I would love to see the Spinning Wheel tour! Wonderful. Have a great time.

Date: April 2, 2011 17:47

Mainman
71Tele
Mainman

You seem well-versed on Donovan, that attention-seeking idiot from Scotland.

...then again, it takes one to know one!

Um, whatever you say... I made a Donavan reference in good fun based on your obscure "hurdy gurdy" comment (what that has to do with Elvis Costello is beyond me) and you responded with a personal attack, and "it takes one to know one" Huh? One what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-02 22:29 by 71Tele.

Date: April 2, 2011 21:52

whitem8
Woooo slow down mainman. No need for the trolling hostility dude. You don't like Elvis then skip along to another log to fester under.

Anyhow. Elvis is a great show! I saw him a few times in Detroit. First when I was a young pup for This Year's Model tour. I was captivated. Then again for Get Happy and I was happy.
The band I play in, we recently started doing Pump it Up. I would love to see the Spinning Wheel tour! Wonderful. Have a great time.

There is no hostility, Mr Wierd!

...either to yourself or any other of your scores of alter-egos.

I'm concerned about your sanity.

Date: April 2, 2011 22:15

Mainman
whitem8

And how many alter egos have you used? Trying to set a record for most times banned?

Date: April 2, 2011 22:26

sweetcharmedlife
Mainman
whitem8

And how many alter egos have you used? Trying to set a record for most times banned?
thumbs up

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 3, 2011 04:00

Well of course I am weird! I celebrate my weirdness. But alter egos, that's where I draw the lines. There is only one of me here. Life's to hectic to be creating alter egos to post. But you Mainman are a funny little troll who needs to hit the road.

Date: April 3, 2011 05:47

I think Mainman MIGHT be Charlie Sheen. Just saying. Regardless, I never thought my Elvis Costello post would yield such fascinating discussion, and I thank you all again for your input. I just spent my evening going through old E.C. albums, trying to make a "mix" of my favorite stuff for my wife, and have narrowed it down to about 2 hours and 40 minutes. Elvis is such a great artist...

Date: April 3, 2011 05:56

Tate
I think Mainman MIGHT be Charlie Sheen. Just saying. Regardless, I never thought my Elvis Costello post would yield such fascinating discussion, and I thank you all again for your input. I just spent my evening going through old E.C. albums, trying to make a "mix" of my favorite stuff for my wife, and have narrowed it down to about 2 hours and 40 minutes. Elvis is such a great artist...
Ohmya never know when or where the wierdos will come out on IORR Tate. But here's something to get you ready for your show.

Date: April 3, 2011 15:53

sweetcharmedlife
Mainman
whitem8

I wouldn't worry too much about being exposed...you already have been...well and truly!

It's just that there's nobody left to give a monkey's toss!

You see, you think that the rest of the world is as stupid as you are. We're not..we've actually been having a laugh!

In fact at the recent Ian Stewart tribute gig, myself and several other IORReans had a good old giggle at your expense (and all of your silly names wittering away at each other).

Anyway, don't let us stop you talking to yourself...I'm sure your therapist would recommend it.

Date: April 3, 2011 16:02

sweetcharmedlife
Tate
Ohmya never know when or where the wierdos will come out on IORR Tate. But here's something to get you ready for your show.

...and as for trying to pass yourself off as a Springsteen fan!!!!!!!

THAT had to be the funniest of all!!

...talk about out of your depth.

Date: April 3, 2011 16:16

Winning! Sorry. Had to. Love the clip, Sweetcharmedlife. Awesome.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 3, 2011 18:09

saw him live on the ''live stiffs'' tour in the late 70's,not bothered since for some reason,got loads of his albums though including the current release National Ransome
Consistant to say the least.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 4, 2011 03:41

I've seen him 18 times in various settings over the past 32 years: solo acoustic, Attractions, Rude 5, Imposters alone and with various guests (Larry Campbell and Emmy Lou Harris in 2005, Allen Toussaint in 2007), and Sugarcanes. I've bought all his albums, even his elitist dabbling with Kronos, Burt Bacharach, etc. He can be frustratingly pretentious at times, but he's talented enough to warrant suffering through his missteps.

He was pissy and snide at Georgetown in 1979, but has warmed up considerably over the years. Hell, he's downright charming nowadays and puts on a long and varied show (nearly three hours, at least 35 songs). I understand that he may use the Spinning Songbook only on the first leg of the upcoming Imposters tour, however.

Date: April 4, 2011 04:03

Yeah, all I can see online is that he's using the wheel in May. My show is July. Wheel or no wheel, I am very excited. Seeing a show like that here in Maine is kind of a rarity, I mean people go nuts when a big name like that comes around. It should be a very lively, happy occasion!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 4, 2011 04:46

I have tickets to see him with The Attractions in Rochester, NY in June.

Here is a link to the show that he did with Furthur un NYC. Larry Campbell and Diana Krall also appeared. (an audience recording)

[www.archive.org]

Date: April 4, 2011 05:13

buffalo7478
I have tickets to see him with The Attractions in Rochester, NY in June.

Here is a link to the show that he did with Furthur un NYC. Larry Campbell and Diana Krall also appeared. (an audience recording)

[www.archive.org]

I would jump for joy if you could see him with The Attractions, but alas, it's only two of three of The Attractions (they are missing the brilliant bassist Bruce Thomas), and they have been the Imposters for many years.

Date: April 4, 2011 05:15

there is no way he'll use the wheel at wolftrap... the old fogeys who pay for the subscriptions wouldn't have a clue

saw him last year at a theater in dc..wonderful show.. both times i've seen him he's been great

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 4, 2011 15:47

My mistake 71Tele.....I meant the Imposters....which I assume they picked after someone like Bruce Thomas said the reformed band were a bunch of Imposters!

I have seen him with the Imposters multiple times, but never with the Attractions or his true original backing band, Clover, from My Aim Is True (which morphed into Huey Lewis' backing band).

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1351
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home