Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones Archive - Is it gone?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 4, 2014 09:30

Will there be anymore downloads, or has it just faded away slowly ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-04 15:07 by bv.

Re: Stones Archive - Has it died a death ?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2014 09:33

We ain't gonna get crap while they're touring. It sucks all the Stones air out of the room. Maybe after the Europe tour they'll toss something out. I think the Hampton '81 DVD was in the works.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 4, 2014 10:40

I'd love them to release Knebworth.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 4, 2014 10:52

It'll be back.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 4, 2014 11:39

I heard they will release Walbühne Berlin next.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 4, 2014 11:42

schwonek

Is this serious or a joke?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 4, 2014 11:57

What happened to the much discussed Sticky Fingers box?

Can't see why they can continue with their fine live gigs issue programme. Leeds 71 could easily be acquired if they sort out payment with the BBC.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 4, 2014 14:11

The Mobile was used and tried out on that British tour. We all know Leeds. So another gig would be really great.

I told the story before that I've been on parts of 73 and many dates of 76 tours.

In 73 the Mobile was around as well on quite a few dates.
F.i. I had to help with cables, tapes, etc at the 3 Essen dates. I talked with the engineers and could look into the van.Lots of tapes there.Later they recorded many shows in 75/76.
But even in 73 I remember him (forgot well known eng.'s name at the moment)talking of recorded gigs and he mentioned the 71 tour.

But one other thing I remember is that he said some tapes were ruined or flawed.Sounded like they often had problems recording in those days.Another thing is that until mid 70's everything was a bit chaotic and tapes got lost. In 76 I myself have seen people nick tapes from Keith room.

We can only hope that there are still some of the interesting and unknown tapes in good condition waiting for us.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 4, 2014 14:13

Mocambo first of all needed

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 4, 2014 14:17

These are projects for the long uneventful times between tours - right now Mick has other things on his mind, and it's not something that will go ahead (rightly or wrongly) without his involvement.

Yes, I think it will be back - eventually.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 4, 2014 14:21

I think it's like Gregory, mostly a short term thing for the 50th anniversary celebrations.

Time has moved on.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 4, 2014 15:05

All the LA '75 concerts please ... (LA Friday, i.e. Sunday we have already).

Re: Stones Archive - Is it gone?
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 4, 2014 15:11

El Mocambo seems to be the top of most peoples list.
I'd add a professionally recorded show from 1970 (if such a thing exists) and something from 1971 (other than leeds which we already have in decent quality)

Date: June 4, 2014 15:17

tomcasagranda
Will there be anymore downloads, or has it just faded away slowly ?

It's still there: [www.stonesarchive.com]

They never intended to release more stuff than they did, did they?

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 4, 2014 15:33

They only said they were releasing 6 shows, which is what they did.
I just get the logic that they can't release old stuff while they are on tour, makes no sense

Date: June 4, 2014 17:28

It seems as though you can't buy the downloads now if you live in one of six countries .... U.S. , U.K. , Germany , Italy and 2 others.

Maybe they are trying to force these people to purchase (compressed) from Google Play ??

Date: June 4, 2014 17:53

Winning Ugly VXII
It seems as though you can't buy the downloads now if you live in one of six countries .... U.S. , U.K. , Germany , Italy and 2 others.

Maybe they are trying to force these people to purchase (compressed) from Google Play ??

Yep, that's why.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 4, 2014 18:00

DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Yep, that's why.

The problem is most people can't get a lossless (Flac) version of these concerts if they want to buy them now. Lossless versions are available only on the Stone Archive website...

Date: June 4, 2014 18:09

kowalski
DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Yep, that's why.

The problem is most people can't get a lossless (Flac) version of these concerts if they want to buy them now. Lossless versions are available only on the Stone Archive website...

What's the best bitrate you can get on Google Play?

Date: June 4, 2014 18:42

DandelionPowderman
kowalski
DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Yep, that's why.

Google Play sells 320kbps MP3 which is best quality for mp3 but far from CD quality IMO.

Date: June 4, 2014 18:44

kowalski
DandelionPowderman
kowalski
DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Yep, that's why.

Google Play sells 320kbps MP3 which is best quality for mp3 but far from CD quality IMO.

Yeah, it's not CD-quality, but it's pretty good anyway.

Luckily, Google Play launched very late in my country, so we got the releases from the archives.

Date: June 4, 2014 19:08

DandelionPowderman
kowalski
DandelionPowderman
kowalski
DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Yep, that's why.

Yeah, it's not CD-quality, but it's pretty good anyway.

Luckily, Google Play launched very late in my country, so we got the releases from the archives.

Stone Archive had the last bootleg of the series released one day earlier so that everyone could get the lossless version (before Google Play started to sell the Stones bootlegs in these countries).

Date: June 4, 2014 19:32

I lost the lossless Leeds '82 in a hard drive failure.

I did not have it backed-up at the time because I figured that it was lossless !

It just goes to show that even lossless files can be lost.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 4, 2014 20:43

muenke
schwonek

Is this serious or a joke?

Side A: Waldbühne
Side B: El Mocambo

Yes. A joke.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 4, 2014 22:07

Gooo
They only said they were releasing 6 shows, which is what they did.
I just get the logic that they can't release old stuff while they are on tour, makes no sense

Makes perfect sense. They'd rather you invested in things like bobble-headed dolls and Stones monster truck sets after attending a Rolling Stones concert than do something outrageous such as being inspired to go home and purchase their music.

Yes, they always said there would be six releases, but I do seem to recall that they would see how it went and that more could follow.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 4, 2014 22:29

Maybe it didn't go well......low sales

Date: June 5, 2014 17:49

Maybe someone can help me out with my lost lossless Leeds '82 ?? ( FLAC )

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 5, 2014 22:27

kowalski
DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Yep, that's why.

pirate bay maybe for the flacs?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 6, 2014 00:27

By trying to cut out the middleman, seemed it was more of a hassle to download than really warrented.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 6, 2014 01:05

I have the picture - and all I say from now on is speculation based on hints from here and there - that "Stones Archive" is just a by-product for the bigger money deal they did with Google Play. It is the latter company that actually made the whole thing possible, that is, profitable for the band ($$$$). The deal was those six releases, and that's it. If they'd been more succesfull there might have been other releases, but Google simply doesn't seem to be any longer interested (the whole thing might have been just a PR campaign for them to promote the medium especially in the US market, and not to gain big direct profits by big sales, since the Stones is a good brand). For the rest of the world - to gather those extra pennies for already done job for nothing - was launched "Stones Archive". I guess we belonging to that world should consider ourselves lucky for many reasons... To put it simply: without Google deal, there would not have been "Stones Archive".

Anyway, as far as futures releases go, I predict that in order that to happen they should get a new (good) deal from some other party to get them motivated... To sell a few downloads by their own via Stones Archive will not do that...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 01:44 by Doxa.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home