Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
if the rolling stones official announce."its over"
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: March 25, 2011 21:45

Your feeling? the day will come, Think i will have tears in my eyes. stones-fan since 1964 and in my life "the rolling Stones" were no.2---beside my family
Really "The greatest rock and roll band"

Thanx for great music, doesnt matter if its Mick taylor or Ron Wood.

i Like all of their Albums. Thank you, for 48 years of great music.

Mick, keith, brian, Bill, Charlie, Mick, Ron---thank you!-and sure---all supporters

Re: if the rolling stones official announce."its over"
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 25, 2011 21:49

Nothing will have changed since August 2007. If they announced "it's over" (which I don't think they ever will), they could still do a one-off reunion or Farewell Tour if they felt like it so an announcement of calling it a day would be quite useless. One of them either dies and ends it that way or you simply look back and say I guess that was the last time.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 25, 2011 21:49

Colonial may top himself just so we can out dead flowers on his grave...

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 25, 2011 21:50

i won't cry. i have their records. i have memories. it has to end one day. time to move on. life happens.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 25, 2011 21:58

I'd be sadder if they outlived me quite honestly.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 25, 2011 22:06

...would be better than an inglorious end.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2011 22:07

Part my tears will be of joy...the part from the new weight in my pocketbook!

But seriously they've had an amazing run....No way I could ever listen to all the iterations of every song or video that is out there...plenty to enjoy for years to come!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 25, 2011 22:14

I thought they were retired. And so what if they are? Enough already. I don;t think I could go to another 234,540 seat arena and watch them on a video screen again.
Since Steel Wheels, I have seen them 4-5 times and I always left wondering what I paid all that money for. I went to a show at the Beacon in NY whcih was really great and frankly I doubt they will ever play that well again.

After the 81 tour, when I went to the shows, I never got that "hit in the gut" feeling about the music. To me,it became about the spectacle, not the music. In reading German's book, I sort of felt a feeling of affirmation in my thoughts on the Stones. They tour for $$. At least some of them do.

I mean, watch Shine a Light. They were good but.. the music doesn;t nail you to the wall the way I would like the Stones to do

In my opinion, they aren't going to release another stellar album, and if they tour, I doubt it'll be much different than anything they've done since 1990 except for maybe the effects. There will continue to be more support people on stage than actual Stones.

Personally, I can live with them retiring. I got my fill. Lots of stuff to listen too, lots of shows to watch. Lots of stuff to read.

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: March 25, 2011 22:43

One more tour and then I'll be ready for their retirement

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 25, 2011 22:44

He will fired.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 25, 2011 23:18

I've already had years to mourn what they used to be, so I'll be fine by the time it's "official".

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 25, 2011 23:28

they won't announce it. they will fade into the night IMO.

Posted by: cobrasteve ()
Date: March 25, 2011 23:35

They will tour in 2012 for their 50th anniversary, and then "it's over"......for now.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: March 26, 2011 05:34

cobrasteve
They will tour in 2012 for their 50th anniversary, and then "it's over"......for now.

Yep, Mick wants to do 'Satisfaction' one last time on the 50th anniversary of it's release in 2015. Of course, there will the 'Encore Club Tour' following that so we should be set up at least until 2019.

Date: March 26, 2011 05:39

71Tele
I've already had years to mourn what they used to be, so I'll be fine by the time it's "official".

Hell, were better now than we have ever been!

Date: March 26, 2011 05:47

Midnight Toker
they won't announce it. they will fade into the night IMO.

There will be no fading away! Imagine the most glorious sunset you have ever seen!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 26, 2011 08:00

there is one thing we all have to accept, it's close to the end
so, it won't be surprising but almost natural cos we're prepared for that.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 26, 2011 08:21

I suspect it already is over, but that they just haven't announced it.

I may be making too much of a quick snippet of footage, but Keef looked pretty feeble in that clip from backstage at the Peter Wolf show the other night, not exactly look like someone who'll be coping with the rigors of life on the road anytime soon.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 26, 2011 11:02

Maybe it's all over now anyway.Personally I feel it is.The weak leak is Keith.He doesn't look in good shape.When has he last played live?He was struggling last tour so I can't see things been any better.This equates to them as a band as been past their expiry date.
They are now in danger of becoming a Sinatra style nostalga act.Unfortunately Sinatra continued playing live well beyond his expiry date and became an embarassment.
Okay maybe we get an album.Damage limitation.But its not going to make them money so thats doubtfu.
Greed for dosh would unfortunately feed the need for a tour.And will Keith wear that t shirt of him in his younger days just to remind us or him who he once was?Sad.Very sad.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 26, 2011 12:05

Does anyone remember ABBA? They never official announced it. It just happened. No more new music, no more tours. They continue to exist as a business corporation. And that's what will happen with the Stones.

Only thing is that unlike ABBA, the Stones have a huge archive that is worth exploiting.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 26, 2011 13:13

I just hope that the Stones's "people' were watching the tribute for Stu show - maybe there is a place for MickT in the equation.It would be good to also see Bill play a part in the next get together,be it a tour or just a once off.But thruth be known - when it finally over( dont even want to think about itreally) I know I will take a week off work, warn the good wife its a Stones week and drink and smoke myself into oblivion.The Stones always take me back to that teenage rebellion attitude no matter how older I get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-26 13:13 by klrkcr.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 26, 2011 13:25

The best rock-roll band.what way to live listenning to stones,the memory will always stay with us,STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE AND I LOVE IT,ENJOY THE MUSIC AND KEEP ON ROCKING.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 26, 2011 15:31

I think they will keep going until one of them dies. No farewell tour.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 26, 2011 15:55

If ...
For all those grey- and whitehead stonesfans nothing will happen, they all have so many albums, official and boots, so many DVD and books, they can't listen to or read all of that till the end of their lifes.

For all those youger people or kids it will be allright, they will not miss The Rolling Stones.

But me, I'm allways interested in new hot stuff. Can The Rolling Stones enter the dancefloor again, will they really enter and win this Millennium ...?

Forty Licks and A Bigger Bang are not enough, we need some hot and timely heart- and chartbreakers ...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 26, 2011 16:18

It ended at the beginning of July 1969 .. since then it has been artificially ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 26, 2011 17:54

MILKYWAY

'Keep going' ?? How could anyone tell the difference at the minute?

Posted by: BackstreetGirl ()
Date: March 26, 2011 18:01

There done.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 26, 2011 18:12

"under the boardwalk.....down by the sea"

Date: March 26, 2011 20:10

Gazza
MILKYWAY

Quite easily as a matter of fact, for those that see the glass half full that is.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 26, 2011 21:39

Gazza
MILKYWAY

Keep the image that they are still a band going until . . . .

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1302
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home