Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Ozzy to release 30th anniversary editions of blizzard of ozz and diary of a madman in may
Date: March 24, 2011 23:01

On May 31st, Ozzy Osbourne's will reissue the two albums which form the cornerstone of his career as a solo artist: "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman" (Epic Records/Legacy Recordings).

Long revered by rock fans around the world, these two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980's and beyond as they were marked by the ground-breaking and historic union of Ozzy and the late guitar hero Randy Rhoads. These definitive versions of 1980's "Blizzard of Ozz" (with previously unreleased bonus tracks) and 1981's "Diary of a Madman" are available individually on vinyl or CD, or together in a deluxe collector's box. All versions were restored and remastered from the original analog sources by George Marino.

The 30th-anniversary edition of the "Blizzard of Ozz" CD includes the original album in its entirety, restored and remastered while the new legacy edition of "Diary of a Madman" includes the original album in its entirety restored and remastered with a bonus second CD of previously unreleased live performances featuring Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads with rhythm section Rudy Sarzo (bass) and Tommy Aldridge (drums). A single-disc version of the remastered "Diary of a Madman" will also be available.

For serious fans and collectors, the limited edition 30th-anniversary deluxe boxed set houses the restored and remastered vinyl and CD editions of "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman," the "Ozzy Live" compact disc. Beyond the music, the box set is highlighted by a variety of exclusives including an expansive 100-page coffee table book, a two-sided wall-size poster, a precise and detailed full-size replica of Ozzy's iconic gold cross that he has worn for 30 years, and "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD.

This new "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD chronicles Osbourne's years with Randy Rhoads features previously unseen footage of Ozzy and Randy filmed in 1981 and 1982; it incorporates rare archival photos and films; along with new interviews with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, Lemmy Kilmister, Steve Vai, Nikki Sixx, Rob Halford, Zakk Wylde, Bill Ward and more. The DVD also contains over 70 minutes of additional rare live performances and interviews; included is the premiere of more than 30 minutes of newly-discovered never-bootlegged footage of Ozzy and Randy from the "Blizzard of Ozz" tour shot from the front of the stage at New York's fabled Palladium on May 2nd, 1981. This new feature is a must-see for aficionados of Ozzy's epic release "Blizzard of Ozz" and its pivotal effect on rock and roll history.

"Blizzard Of Ozz" (30th Anniversary Expanded Edition):

1. I Don't Know (5:13)
2. Crazy Train (4:51)
3. Goodbye To Romance (5:33)
4. Dee (0:49)
5. Suicide Solution (4:17)
6. Mr. Crowley (5:02)
7. No Bone Movies (3:52)
8. Revelation (Mother Earth) (6:08)
9. Steal Away (The Night) (3:28)

Bonus tracks:

10. You Looking At Me, Looking At You (Non-LP B-Side, Previously Unreleased in the U.S.) (4:15)
11. Goodbye To Romance (2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix, Previously Unreleased) (5:42)
12. RR (Previously Unreleased – Randy Rhoads guitar solo) (1:13)

"Diary Of A Madman" (Legacy Edition):

Disc 1:

1. Over The Mountain (4:31)
2. Flying High Again (4:44)
3. You Can't Kill Rock And Roll (6:59)
4. Believer (5:15)
5. Little Dolls (5:39)
6. Tonight (5:50)
7. S.A.T.O. (4:07)
8. Diary Of A Madman (6:14)

Disc 2:

Ozzy Live (recorded on the "Blizzard of Ozz" tour):

1. I Don't Know
2. Crazy Train
3. Believer
4. Mr. Crowley
5. Flying High Again
6. Revelation (Mother Earth)
7. Steal Away (The Night)
8. Suicide Solution
9. Iron Man
10. Children Of The Grave
11. Paranoid

"Diary of a Madman"/"Blizzard of Ozz" 30th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set:

Box Set Includes:

* "Blizzard Of Ozz" (30th Anniversary Expanded Edition)
* "Diary Of A Madman" (Legacy Edition)
* "Blizzard Of Ozz" (180-gram LP — original album only)
* "Diary Of A Madman" (180-gram LP — original album only)

DVD — contains "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" documentary — and additional rare and unreleased performances and interviews.

Re: OT: Ozzy to release 30th anniversary editions of blizzard of ozz and diary of a madman in may
Date: March 25, 2011 06:28

no one has commented yet but i'll be buying these to get the live album and the b-side and randy solo thats on the blizzard disc,

no with that said i am pretty let down by what is on these discs. this is not what ozzy or sharon mentioned last year when these reissues were in the works. it was stated each album would be 2 discs. disc 1 would be the original album restored with bob daisley's bass and lee kerslake's drums. it was also stated that disc 1 would also include any b-sides and some special things. so far blizzard fits that bill but there is nothing extra on diary of a madmen disc 1. disc 2 on each set was supposed to have demo's, unreleased live stuff and even studio chatter by the band during the recording sessions. well diary supposedly has unreleased live stuff but where is the rest of what was said to be included?

why not include the mr crowley e.p. on blizzard since its never been released on cd? even including the track "you said it all" would have been ok since thats the only track exclusive to that live e.p. how about when these were original listed blizzard had 1 more bonus track and diary had 3 bonus tracks. here is what was originally listed thats missing:
revelation (mother earth) long version
tonight (long version)
you can't kill rock n roll (long version)
diary of a madman (2010 mix)

each of those long versions mentioned were listed as lasting about 20 seconds longer than the original version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-25 06:29 by keefriffhard4life.

Re: OT: Ozzy to release 30th anniversary editions of blizzard of ozz and diary of a madman in may
Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: March 25, 2011 07:08

Who cares. Dated 80's metal. Okay in it's day but, but no longer relevant to anyone who wasn't a 14 year-old burn-out 30 years ago.

Date: March 25, 2011 08:06

bustedtrousers
Who cares. Dated 80's metal. Okay in it's day but, but no longer relevant to anyone who wasn't a 14 year-old burn-out 30 years ago.

might be the funniest and dumbest statement i've ever read on here

Date: March 25, 2011 08:11

keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers

Whatever. It's the truth. Deal with it however you see fit.

Date: March 25, 2011 08:26

bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers

tell me how its the truth? i wasn't even born in 1981 when these albums were first released. diary and blizzard each sold about 2 million copies in the last 20 years. do you think it was people in their late 30's buying it or do you think it was teens and people in their 20's?

these albums have some of the best guitar work ever on them thanks to randy rhoads and most of the songs have a much deeper meaning than anything the stones have ever done.

Date: March 25, 2011 10:57

keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers

tell me how its the truth? i wasn't even born in 1981 when these albums were first released. diary and blizzard each sold about 2 million copies in the last 20 years. do you think it was people in their late 30's buying it or do you think it was teens and people in their 20's?

these albums have some of the best guitar work ever on them thanks to randy rhoads and most of the songs have a much deeper meaning than anything the stones have ever done.

In your opinion. Britney Spears has sold over 100 million albums, just like Ozzy, and in less than half the time. Sales has crap to do with anything in my book.

And how deep a song's meaning is doesn't matter much to me either, regardless of who it is. I've always been more interested in music than lyrics, and I outgrew Ozzy's music a long time ago. If you haven't, and can't take someone disagreeing with you, that's your problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-25 11:06 by bustedtrousers.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: March 25, 2011 11:26

Love Ozzy's 80's era. Read his book and the stuff he was getting up to was crazy.
Goodbye to Romance, great song.

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: March 25, 2011 12:14

bustedtrousers

+1. I liked it when I was an angry teenager but now that I am older & mellower that stuff gives me a headache.

Date: March 25, 2011 12:19

bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers

In your opinion. Britney Spears has sold over 100 million albums, just like Ozzy, and in less than half the time. Sales has crap to do with anything in my book.

And how deep a song's meaning is doesn't matter much to me either, regardless of who it is. I've always been more interested in music than lyrics, and I outgrew Ozzy's music a long time ago. If you haven't, and can't take someone disagreeing with you, that's your problem.

you are a fool if you think the rolling stones chuck berry inspired music was more complex than the randy rhoads stuff inspired by classical music. thats funnier than your original comment

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 25, 2011 12:37

I used to own all Ozzies Lp´s,,,but i bought them because i had all Black Sabbath albums,and i still do.

Bets Ozzys work is Live album with Andy rhodes(?) i think you can forget everything else,at least i can.

I think Ozzys work in metal,heavy music is overrated,first of all,he was horrible live singer,probaply because he was never sober.

Don´t what he actually did on his Sabbath era,but Iommi wrote the riffs and much of the music,Geezer Buttle wrote all the lyrics and music with Iommi.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 25, 2011 12:39

Take it easy fellas. Either you like it or you don't. Who gives a f anyway.
I listened a lot to Ozzy in the 80's and I really loved Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman.
I haven't listened to those albums for several years, but I'll download them and stroll down memory lane.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 25, 2011 13:28

You might not care much for Ozzy but if you haven't heard of Randy Rhoads you should make up for your ignorance... NOW!

Date: March 25, 2011 14:06

marko
I used to own all Ozzies Lp´s,,,but i bought them because i had all Black Sabbath albums,and i still do.

Bets Ozzys work is Live album with Andy rhodes(?) i think you can forget everything else,at least i can.

I think Ozzys work in metal,heavy music is overrated,first of all,he was horrible live singer,probaply because he was never sober.

Don´t what he actually did on his Sabbath era,but Iommi wrote the riffs and much of the music,Geezer Buttle wrote all the lyrics and music with Iommi.

ozzy isn't a good singer at all but thats not what this thread was about. this thread was about ozzy's first 2 great solo albums being reissued.

Date: March 25, 2011 14:08

bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers

i'd like to add i mentioned album sales because you said it's no longer relevant to anyone except people who were 14 when they were released 30 years ago. my proof you are wrong was the fact the albums still sell very well every year so younger people must still be discovering it

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: March 25, 2011 14:26

Why can't people like what they like -- an album, book, food, city, person, baseball team -- without someone saying they should not like it?

I don't care about these albums, but the bonus stuff -- esp. Blizzard -- seems pretty minimal. Boo.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 25, 2011 19:39

kind of ironic for someone to be calling something dated in a stones forum. i take pride in the fact that the music i love is considered dated by the mainstream

Date: March 26, 2011 11:46

keefriffhard4life
you are a fool if you think the rolling stones chuck berry inspired music was more complex than the randy rhoads stuff inspired by classical music. thats funnier than your original comment

I didn't say that at all, and I can't see how you got that impression from anything I've said. Then again, you think the Axl Rose Band still passes for Guns n' Roses, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're so easily confused.

keefriffhard4life

i'd like to add i mentioned album sales because you said it's no longer relevant to anyone except people who were 14 when they were released 30 years ago. my proof you are wrong was the fact the albums still sell very well every year so younger people must still be discovering it

The only thing that proves is suckers like you keep buying the same records every time Sharon re-issues them.

Date: March 26, 2011 12:12

bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life

I didn't say that at all, and I can't see how you got that impression from anything I've said. Then again, you think the Axl Rose Band still passes for Guns n' Roses, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're so easily confused.

keefriffhard4life

The only thing that proves is suckers like you keep buying the same records every time Sharon re-issues them.

i see you ignore other posts like people say its ironic to call something date on a stones forum

Posted by: sagedrummer ()
Date: March 27, 2011 22:09

I don't understand why people feel the need to knock other people's musical tastes. I love the stones and I love Ozzy, so what.

Date: March 27, 2011 23:46

sagedrummer
I don't understand why people feel the need to knock other people's musical tastes. I love the stones and I love Ozzy, so what.

exactly. also ozzy hasn't just stopped releasing music

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 28, 2011 16:42

When ever I see an OT thread that I don't care about I stay out.

I've always wonder how some people have the time to put down others for their different taste. Just silly, really.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 29, 2011 20:30

i'm glad they're being re-released . the 2002 releases with new bass and drums were an abomination

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 6, 2011 19:21

So I assume he's going back to the original versions of these albums then, finally? Removing the overdubbed guitar parts from the latest remastering of them??

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 6, 2011 20:02

I used to have a great Ozzy Live Album (maybe the best in his career) called "Randy Roads Tribute" (I think it was).

Unfortunately, when the CD fever came to Portugal in the early 90´s I sold this LP in the flea market...

It was very good music.

Date: April 6, 2011 20:45

VoodooLounge13
So I assume he's going back to the original versions of these albums then, finally? Removing the overdubbed guitar parts from the latest remastering of them??

yes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1306
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home