Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Liam Gallagher trashes Rolling Stones, Oasis, more
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: March 23, 2011 17:31

[www.azcentral.com]

Full interview
[read.mtvhive.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-23 17:32 by pgarof.

Re: Liam Gallagher trashes Rolling Stones, Oasis, more
Date: March 23, 2011 17:37

...Show that kid The BLADE.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: March 23, 2011 17:42

"On Keith Richards and Mick Jagger working together again (despite reported tension)"...so...they're working together again? I didn't know that.
And saying they haven't done anything significant in the last 25 years is not trashing them. Besides the question wasn't about that at all...it was about tension between people and whether it helps making good records.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 23, 2011 17:42

Does anyone really give a toss about that twat? What a jerk. Both of 'em. He's a piece of shit and so is his brother and so was Oasis. Why anyone bothers to not only listen to what he or the other says and print it yet alone read it is beyond me.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 23, 2011 18:03

The brothers were so over-rated,especially Liam.Noel can play guitar quite well,but so can so many pub band musicians.Both fame hungry and totally yobbish and usually foul mouthed.Oasis were no better than the average pub band in my opinion. thumbs down

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 23, 2011 18:14

Funny thing is, Noel was the main songwriter in Oasis..so this band is basically Oasis without the songwriter/guitarist? How is that gonna be so @#$%& great?

Liam wouldn't even have a career without his Brother. Which probably explains why he has always had a bad attitude towards him. I mean, to my knowledge he wasn't even writing lyrics.

I say in no more than five years time, this project will be fizzled out and Liam will eat these words with a reunion tour. Hasn't he learned by now from all the other bands to never say never??

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 23, 2011 18:18

Why are so many bothered by the rants of Liam Gallagher? He's entitled to his opinion and in the great scheme of things, he's right. Just what have the Stones done in the past 25-years? We have a tendency to find goodness in what the Rolling Stones have achieved and given us in the past couple of decades, but to the casual fans - as the Gallagher brothers are, in fact - the Rolling Stones have been rather average since Tattoo You.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 23, 2011 18:22

Big Al
to the casual fans - as the Gallagher brothers are, in fact - the Rolling Stones have been rather average since Tattoo You.

Some would even argue they've been average since Exile.

I'm just sayin' smiling smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 23, 2011 18:22

Liam used to spread his $ 5000 sunglasses all over Paris...He's a real rock-star...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 23, 2011 18:49

In the States we thought Oasis was just a Beatles imitator. You can negate the Stones in the Studio since 1989, but not on stage. I thoroughly enjoyed them in 2006. And I can't wait for the next tour so we can stop threads like 'Stones vs. Justin Bieber'.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 23, 2011 18:52

i love how the stupid media uses the word "trashes" to describe liam's opinion (and a rather correct one, at that) of the stones.
you may like oasis or hate them, but there was a time when they were the hottest band around, and deservedly so. they had some great albums, great songs, noel's a talented songwriter, liam is a good singer/front man. drugs and their egos got the best of them and they thought too much of themselves, as i'm sure the rolling stones have as well when they were young and on top of the world.

Date: March 23, 2011 18:57

ineedadrink
i love how the stupid media uses the word "trashes" to describe liam's opinion (and a rather correct one, at that) of the stones.
you may like oasis or hate them, but there was a time when they were the hottest band around, and deservedly so. they had some great albums, great songs, noel's a talented songwriter, liam is a good singer/front man. drugs and their egos got the best of them and they thought too much of themselves, as i'm sure the rolling stones have as well when they were young and on top of the world.

I don't remember Mick trashing other bands with foul words in his younger days, or even now.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 23, 2011 19:08

yeah right pgarof,
even Keith never had bad words against any musician if I am not wrong

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 23, 2011 19:16

well, wasn't he right about Mick and Keith?

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 23, 2011 19:20

Actually Keith has slagged off other bands plenty over the years. He always seems to hate on Zeppelin, especially Plant. Personally, I think he was just worried cause they were giving them a run for their money throughout the 70's. I mean who disses Zeppelin? That's like dissing the Beatles..you just don't do it.

Posted by: Ferret ()
Date: March 23, 2011 19:36

To be fair, Keith has trashed Oasis in the past. Liam still cites The Stones as one of his favourite bands. What HAVE they done in the last 25 years except make a load of money with mediocre tours? The same could be said for the last decade of Oasis really.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 23, 2011 19:42

lettingitbleed
Actually Keith has slagged off other bands plenty over the years. He always seems to hate on Zeppelin, especially Plant. Personally, I think he was just worried cause they were giving them a run for their money throughout the 70's. I mean who disses Zeppelin? That's like dissing the Beatles..you just don't do it.

i could cite plenty of examples where he's been unfairly critical of other musicians - says nothing about them and alot about him. i remember at the height of SRV's stardom keith had some ridiculously critical remarks about him. very insecure guy is our keith....

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 23, 2011 20:02

here's a nice collection of quotes: [www.timeisonourside.com]

Date: March 23, 2011 20:10

with sssoul

interesting to see some of these quotes again with the passage of time now. keith complaining about gunners' posing too much...that got me to chuckle....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 23, 2011 20:28

noticing that Jagger slags off a bunch of people too wouldn't fit, eh?
or that both Glimmers compliment people. right.

Date: March 23, 2011 20:44

lettingitbleed

I actualy said that I don't remember MICK slagging off other bands.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 23, 2011 20:45

Ahhhh Liam's awright
He's just bein' rock n roll.

Oasis were quite good I thought.
Strong attitude filled distortion with some great hooks.

Wait.....they were VERY rock n roll.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: March 23, 2011 20:52

"What have they done for 25 years?" said LIam. Guess he liked Dirty Work better than Steel Wheels then. grinning smiley

Date: March 23, 2011 20:55

with sssoul
noticing that Jagger slags off a bunch of people too wouldn't fit, eh?
or that both Glimmers compliment people. right.

fit what?

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 23, 2011 22:35

Oasis was one of the bright spots of the early 90s....a nice, more melodic alternative to the dreary, fatalistic, suicidal, depressing-as-@#$%& American grunge thing.
"Wonderwall", "Live Forever".....these are masterpieces of that era for me.

And they always expressed thier idolatry of the Stones, Liam isn't saying anything we don't say on threads everyday. Some of you get your Stones feelings hurt to easily. They've made a career of being rude and obnoxious.

[www.gettyimages.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-23 22:37 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 23, 2011 22:45

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: March 23, 2011 22:58

stupidguy2
Oasis was one of the bright spots of the early 90s....a nice, more melodic alternative to the dreary, fatalistic, suicidal, depressing-as-@#$%& American grunge thing.
"Wonderwall", "Live Forever".....these are masterpieces of that era for me.

And they always expressed thier idolatry of the Stones, Liam isn't saying anything we don't say on threads everyday. Some of you get your Stones feelings hurt to easily. They've made a career of being rude and obnoxious.

[www.gettyimages.com]

They certain have made a career of being assh*les, but i must admit I kinda agree with what he said . . but I think Oasis sucks, cool smiley however, I do like 3 or 4 songs . . .

And the "dreary, fatalistic, suicidal, depressing-as-@#$%& American grunge thing." What are you talking about? Those are fighting words to this American Gen-X'er, thats my generation-baby!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out That was my scene, that was our music . . . and oh by the way we never felt that Oasis was part of it, sorry. Some bands may have been about that, but alot weren't; the big band to survive that era is Pearl Jam, and there music is about Hope and Life . . . but whateverspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 23, 2011 23:10

with sssoul

I laughed out loud at what Mick said about Steven Tyler in '77!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 23, 2011 23:44

Don't bother with that : that's pub talk/rubbish!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 00:35

NorthShoreBlues2
And the "dreary, fatalistic, suicidal, depressing-as-@#$%& American grunge thing." What are you talking about? Those are fighting words to this American Gen-X'er, thats my generation-baby!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out That was my scene, that was our music . . . and oh by the way we never felt that Oasis was part of it, sorry. Some bands may have been about that, but alot weren't; the big band to survive that era is Pearl Jam, and there music is about Hope and Life . . . but whateverspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Not saying I didn't also appreciate some of the dreary, fatalistic, suicidal, depressing-as-@#$%& American grunge thing....but only Pearl Jam survived to be more than insolence, cut-offs, sneakers and plaid. Nirvana was brilliant, but sooooooo depressing and self-absorbed and self-indulgent. Maybe I was too old by that time. Even now, I can't fully enjoy Pearl Jam because I attach them so strongly to that gray, dark era.
Oasis was more Manchester, along with the Stone Roses, Primal Scream... that's what I meant by saying they were an alternative.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home