Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Stones and the taxes
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 23, 2011 11:56

SwayStones
An interesting-very very long - article from the New York Times ,in 2007 .
For those who wouldn't have read it yet,it worth while -I am not done yet -cool smiley

The Netherlands, the New Tax Shelter Hot Spot - New York Times

[www.taxresearch.org.uk]

[/b]

The article misses one important thing though. The Dutch TAX law is such that you do not pay tax, or pay much less tax, on money made outside of Holland. So, the Stones do not have to pay tax on loyalties earned outside Holland, just as Shell, DSM, Unilever, Akzo Nobel etcetera pay much less tax on income generated outside Holland.

The reason for this law is very simple: with it Holland’s attracts large international corporations and companies to base their offices in The Netherlands, creating jobs for hundred thousands of people, who pay up to 52% tax on their earnings, and spent the rest on highly taxed consumer goods. This, and its position near the North Sea, has made The Netherlands become one of the 15 largest economies (based on GDP) in the world. Not bad for a country with only 16 million people and hardly any natural resources.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-23 12:34 by Mathijs.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 23, 2011 12:01

jpasc95
I maintain that this system is unfair and should be "cleaned up" by the authorities by making those "tax fugitives" outlaw !
let them go to the cash desk so that they can pay their dues and then become real citizens !

The tax fugitives aren't imo why ,if I am not mistaken,nearly half of French households escape fed income tax.

Let's tax first what we call in French "l'Ă©conomie souterraine " -the underground economy ? -
Half of the population pay for the other half .That's unfair.Everyone should pay taxes ,even a few.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 23, 2011 12:34

yes we agree on that, everyone ! even artists ..

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 23, 2011 14:09

Shouldn't this thread be called The Stones vs. The Taxes?

(and I think the Stones are winning)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 23, 2011 15:08

Green Lady
Shouldn't this thread be called The Stones vs. The Taxes?

(and I think the Stones are winning)

LOL, good one.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 23, 2011 16:50

Mathijs
[The article misses one important thing though. The Dutch TAX law is such that you do not pay tax, or pay much less tax, on money made outside of Holland. So, the Stones do not have to pay tax on loyalties earned outside Holland, just as Shell, DSM, Unilever, Akzo Nobel etcetera pay much less tax on income generated outside Holland.

Mathijs

Mathijs ,if I got you correctly, if you live abroad and receive income from the Netherlands that is taxable in the Netherlands, you are considered as a non-resident taxpayer ?
I've been told that you are not a resident if you are in the Netherlands for less than 183 days a year,is that true ?

The location of Jagger's or Keith's home is in an another country,OK,but Promotone BV is located in Holland .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 24, 2011 16:07

SwayStones

Mathijs ,if I got you correctly, if you live abroad and receive income from the Netherlands that is taxable in the Netherlands, you are considered as a non-resident taxpayer ?
I've been told that you are not a resident if you are in the Netherlands for less than 183 days a year,is that true ?

I don't see how you can have a taxable income in the Netherlands if yo don't live here. If you don't live here, you don't have to pay tax. Promopub and its affiations is a Dutch company, so has to pay tax in Holland. But the loophole is that 99% of the income is royalties earned outside Holland, and thus are free of tax.

As Promopub is owned by the Stones, they get their income through shareholder and owner fees, with are taxable in the countries they live in. They all try to avoid living in a country for longer periods than set as limits by the resepctive countries -90 days for the UK, 183 for the US, etc.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home