Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is Mick Jagger's name a taboo now on this board?
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:41

Why every one of Jagger's thread is closed?

Why LS' Memorial thread was closed? First bv has attached that wacky JLAW song thread to it and then he closed it all together. I posted there some really good articles about her, now no one can read it - is it the reason?
why Keith's two not so new songs thread is sticky? I don't remember that SuperHeavy thread ever was sticky. It doesn't matter it had more than 100 000 views without artificial pushing, but still - why?
Why Mick's performances at the White House or SNL or Grammy's were not sticky but "Keith's recording new music" was (by the way where's it this new music?)
If it's Keith Richards' forum - say it focking loud
If the mention of Jagger's name is forbidden - tell it straight
I am absolutely convinced that with the beginning of European gigs when people will start to write about Mick, then, under different pretexts, these threads will be closed too - as people begin to say how he looks, how and what he sings, what clothes he wears LS's or somebody' else's - and all of this is not our business, we can't discuss that, it's private matter, blah-blah...

IORR my ass

Re: Is Mick Jagger's name a taboo now on this board?
Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:56

Look a little closer. His name is all over this site.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 8, 2014 00:09

Yeah ... my nephew even named his cat Jagger ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 8, 2014 00:10

doubledoor
Look a little closer. His name is all over this site.

Come on you know what I'm talking about. How many Jagger's threads were closed recently - 20?
Yes, photothreads and the discussions on how he almost destroyed Stones in the 80s are allowed and nothing more

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 8, 2014 00:11

It's simple : anything that's related to music belongs to us fans : we have the utmost to discuss it, analyse it, dissect it, destroy it.

Anything that's not related to music (private life, personal tragedies) belongs to them and them only. I don't need to know how MJ reacted to or that event that happened to him.

Simple, innit?

Date: May 8, 2014 00:13

Rockman
Yeah ... my nephew even named his cat Jagger ....

your nephew's cat is a private matter we cant discuss it
besides he named his dog Keith - you see, again the discrimination

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 8, 2014 00:18

Mick did post something himself on facebook about L'Wren's memorial service, so I think that should have been okay. But, I wasn't following the thread, maybe people got into unsafe territory...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 8, 2014 00:19

Proud Mary...There were quite a few posts of criticism of Mick's choice of "Just Like a Woman" at L'Wren's memorial service. etc. etc.
I was glad that thread got closed.

Date: May 8, 2014 00:21

dcba
It's simple : anything that's related to music belongs to us fans : we have the utmost to discuss it, analyse it, dissect it, destroy it.

Anything that's not related to music (private life, personal tragedies) belongs to them and them only. I don't need to know how MJ reacted to or that event that happened to him.

Simple, innit?

yep, sure, that's why private Richards's photo with his granddaughter of three years ago is licked to the bond and of course "Anita's friend" or "Keith's car" is related to music much more than Jagger's "tragedies"? There was Jagger solo tour video and thread, bv deleted it - this is why?

Date: May 8, 2014 00:22

Me too.

Date: May 8, 2014 00:28

stonesrule
Proud Mary...There were quite a few posts of criticism of Mick's choice of "Just Like a Woman" at L'Wren's memorial service. etc. etc.

Nope, it was in the Just Like a Woman thread, bv attached it to L'Wren's memorial thread and closed it
Moreover, someone criticizes Mick, but - so what? The policy of this forum for years was to criticize Jagger on any occasion. Now many support him and are not afraid to show affection - that's the trend the moderator tries to stop. Jagger-bashing never bothered him

Date: May 8, 2014 00:32

....but but I use ta have two male Afican Lovebirds named Mick & Keith ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 8, 2014 00:36

Rockman

....but but I use ta have two male Afican Lovebirds named Mick & Keith ...

yes but who was on the top?

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: May 8, 2014 00:39

Taboo You

Date: May 8, 2014 00:40

....cat tipped over the cage and got Keith ...
Mick lived for a few more years after that .........TRUE story

ROCKMAN

Date: May 8, 2014 00:43

Rollin' Stoner
Taboo You

shove it up your ass, baby

Date: May 8, 2014 00:54

If Jagger's name is taboo now, how long 'til this thread's closed? winking smiley
But seriously, I think bv closes the L.S. threads to maintain privacy for Mick... same thing for most on how Mick's doing...

Date: May 8, 2014 00:55

proudmary
stonesrule

Nope, it was in the Just Like a Woman thread, bv attached it to L'Wren's memorial thread and closed it
Moreover, someone criticizes Mick, but - so what? The policy of this forum for years was to criticize Jagger on any occasion. Now many support him and are not afraid to show affection - that's the trend the moderator tries to stop. Jagger-bashing never bothered him

Do you find this strange? In both cases (starting a separate thread about something that's being discussed AND taking it too far by even criticising his most personal choice of song for his passed loved one) it's against the forum rules, right?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 8, 2014 00:57

I guess in this case it's, probably, BV:s intention not to turn this site into a gossip columne. There are, obviously, some "Mick-girls" on this forum who just loves to talk about Mick's love affairs, family and private life.
I'm not so sure this is always the right forum for it. But then again, I'm not the one calling the shots here.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: May 8, 2014 00:57

proudmary
Rollin' Stoner
Taboo You

shove it up your ass, baby

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: May 8, 2014 03:19

On yer page ProudMary. They're the most famous band on Earth and have chosen to be and remain in the public eye for more than half a century. I find it odd that anyone is arrogant enough to care about what is written here. I mean besides us lot, who reads it?

Plus Mick just Facebooked "personal" stuff for seven and a half billion ppl to see. Real private.

"Taboo you" hahaha

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: May 8, 2014 04:14

Oh yes it is.......

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 8, 2014 04:16

The "personal" stuff he posted on Facebook was just the fact of the memorial service, the names of those who spoke, etc. Nothing remotely personal--and surely there's an obvious difference between information that he himself chooses to make public, and information that others choose to make public without his knowledge or consent?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 8, 2014 04:53

There are four threads including this one with mick and or jagger in the title at this moment.

Get a life thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 8, 2014 05:11

SuperHeavy should be taboo...

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 8, 2014 05:29

my guess: Mick topics aren't taboo, but because Mick actually cares about--and is tuned into--social media, perhaps bv doesn't want to post content here that could be discovered by MJ peeps and deemed offensive...

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 8, 2014 07:57

Maybe we should come up with a secret code name for him...

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: May 8, 2014 07:57

I honestly don't think there are any peeps about for Mick or anyone else. This is a site just like any other that is meaningless to them. As for wanting privacy, fame doesn't work like that. Not the sort he has anyway. Keith once complained about being bugged at the movies. If record sales fell thru the floor and they were struggling to sell clubs out I bet they wouldn't give a hoot how much of their private life was out there so long as it served the purpose of redeeming their fame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-08 08:35 by OzHeavyThrobber.

Date: May 8, 2014 08:02

...what about Dick Jagger ? ... nobody'll figure that one out...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 8, 2014 08:07

Rockman

...what about Dick Jagger ? ... nobody'll figure that one out...

They might get him mixed up with Dick Taylor. confused smiley And then they'd get HIM mixed up with Mick Taylor. Better not to risk it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home