Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Any Hint Of An Official 50th Anniversary DVD Release This Summer?
Date: April 23, 2014 23:17

Would love to see a box set that chronicles their historic 50th anniversary year. Anyone have a clue as to if this is going to happen? Would love to see Glastonbury and whatever concert they performed Out Of Control at, for starters.

Re: Any Hint Of An Official 50th Anniversary DVD Release This Summer?
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 23, 2014 23:21

ThickerThanThieves
Would love to see a box set that chronicles their historic 50th anniversary year. Anyone have a clue as to if this is going to happen? Would love to see Glastonbury and whatever concert they performed Out Of Control at, for starters.

It wont happen, they already released SSS.

Date: April 23, 2014 23:24

Hyde Park was great, but Glastonbury was out of this world!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 23, 2014 23:35

Release the entire European Tour as a downloadable archive. Like Pearl Jam does. Do it already.

Date: April 23, 2014 23:36

ThickerThanThieves

They will never release Glastonbury, besides it´s alreday circulating in perfect quality.

Date: April 23, 2014 23:37

schwonek
Release the entire European Tour as a downloadable archive. Like Pearl Jam does. Do it already.

Wont happen either, it´s the Stones.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 23, 2014 23:40

schwonek

It doesn't work for PJ (their shows have that the zzzzzzz factor) it won't work for the band.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 24, 2014 00:11

Weren't there talks about interviews for a documentary when the rehearsals in Paris took place? Maybe a set like Bigger Bang/40 Licks 4 DVD Set is planned.
With
1x Documentary
1x Stadium Show (Europe or Far East)
1x Theathre (Singapore)
1x Arena (2013/2014 Arena Shows)

Would be great. I liked the 40 Licks DVD very much. thumbs up

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 24, 2014 00:23

It will happen

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: April 24, 2014 12:17

They were filming some scenes on the Asia Leg of the tour for some sort of documentary. Interviews with fans, build up to shows etc. No idea if it will see the light of day now though after recent events.

Date: April 24, 2014 12:44

With Crossfire Hurricane and Sweet Summer Sun out I doubt they'l milk the anniversary thing further - but never say never, it's the Stones smiling smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 24, 2014 13:30

not with hyde park out from last year.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 24, 2014 13:50

The Hyde Park movie (SSS) was so great IMO.
I watched it in a cinema theater in Budapest (HQ sound and big screen)
It was full with rather old Rolling Stones fans.
And all applauded at the end and didn't move till the last seconds of "Hide Your Love".
Beautiful experience!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 24, 2014 16:38

Well, I think they should release a Box-set after this tour.
Along the way there were quite a few good gigs/performances - starting with London.
And more interesting things still to come . .
Even after SSS its still worth a 50th A. Box-Set

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 24, 2014 16:56

They released The Bigger Bang Box after the Shine a Light concert movie. Why not release a DVD box set for christmas?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 24, 2014 17:07

Come on guys, release everything you got.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: April 24, 2014 17:30

How can i get the Glastonbury DVD?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2014 17:44

Ol' Mighty50LoneRanger back at it again about Glastonbury being the best Stones show ever.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 24, 2014 18:05

varilla
How can i get the Glastonbury DVD?

You can look at the Buy/sell/trade forum to get the links.

Date: April 24, 2014 21:12

JumpinJeppeFlash
ThickerThanThieves

They will never release Glastonbury, besides it´s alreday circulating in perfect quality.

I disagree. It will definitely receive an official release at some point. The question is, when? This summer would be nice, but maybe they want to wait and include the 14 On Fire tour with it?

Date: April 24, 2014 23:23

I believe Glastonbury Festival own the rights to any live recordings and do not allow artists to profit from it. You will never see a Stones live album from Glastonbury therefore.

Paul McCartney wanted to release his 2004 show but couldn't because of this reason.

Orbital are one of the few acts (maybe the only one) that have been granted permission to release a live album recorded during the festival, although this was from a number of Glasto shows (94-04) and because of their relationship with the festival.

Date: April 25, 2014 06:46

Rights can be bought and therefore shall be no obstacle for the Rolling Stones. I just hope it's sooner than later, although they may want to include some of the highlights from 14 On Fire. If that's the case then it could be next summer instead of this year. A Christmas release would be nice though.

Date: April 25, 2014 11:06

ThickerThanThieves
Rights can be bought and therefore shall be no obstacle for the Rolling Stones.

Glastonbury Festival don't sell the rights to their live music. Ever. It's not about the money. Every Glasto headliner get's paid the same set amount (a quarter of a million pounds I believe) and will only earn revenue off their album sales (which is huge after a Glasto headline slot) and merchandise sold at certain festival spots.

Trust me on this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-25 11:08 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: April 25, 2014 11:09

Wouldnt surprise me one bit in order to get The Stones Glastonbury gave up the rights.

Date: April 25, 2014 13:29

richie26188
Wouldnt surprise me one bit in order to get The Stones Glastonbury gave up the rights.

As someone who works closely with (not for) the festival I can positively say that this did not happen. There were however wrangles with a certain broadcasting company, Glastonbury and the Stones about live TV rights, which almost stopped the show happening at all. Here's putting it all into perspective, we are talking about an organisation who did not book Pink Floyd for the 2005 festival because they wanted to be paid more than the set fee!

Never say never though eh! This is the Stones after all smiling smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 25, 2014 15:07

petewasbristol
richie26188

As someone who works closely with (not for) the festival I can positively say that this did not happen. There were however wrangles with a certain broadcasting company, Glastonbury and the Stones about live TV rights, which almost stopped the show happening at all. Here's putting it all into perspective, we are talking about an organisation who did not book Pink Floyd for the 2005 festival because they wanted to be paid more than the set fee!

Never say never though eh! This is the Stones after all smiling smiley

It's surely understandable that the Glastonbury org is not going to set a precedent by paying more to demanding grumpy old men. They should be pleased with the free advertising and increased sales. £250,000 for playing a 90 minute greatest hits set seems more than generous to me.

Date: April 25, 2014 20:41

A DVD release of the Stones historic performance at Glastonbury would be a huge promotional benefit to the festival. They tried for years to get them. An eventual official release is a no-brainer. It's a win/win for both parties.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 25, 2014 22:44

petewasbristol
Paul McCartney wanted to release his 2004 show but couldn't because of this reason.

Not to threadcrap, but the show Paul did, was released on his 3 dvd collection The McCartney Years in 2007.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 25, 2014 22:59

ThickerThanThieves
A DVD release of the Stones historic performance at Glastonbury would be a huge promotional benefit to the festival. They tried for years to get them. An eventual official release is a no-brainer. It's a win/win for both parties.

Glastonbury does not need any promotion, all tickets are always sold out within minutes of going on sale usually before any headline artists are announced.

Glastonbury tickets sell out in record time

"No acts have yet been confirmed to play at the festival at Worthy Farm between 26 and 29 June next year, but there is already speculation about who will headline."

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-27 11:21 by Deltics.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 25, 2014 23:05

Deltics
ThickerThanThieves

Gloatonbury does not need any promotion, all tickets are always sold out within minutes of going on sale usually before any headline artists are announced.

Glastonbury tickets sell out in record time

"No acts have yet been confirmed to play at the festival at Worthy Farm between 26 and 29 June next year, but there is already speculation about who will headline."

besides, as was pointed out at the beginning, they already released Hyde Park. That's the DVD from that tour. So GB is not happening.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home