Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Kate Moss & The Rolling Stones
Posted by: claudine ()
Date: March 18, 2011 17:38

Re: Kate Moss & The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 18, 2011 17:47

love her style - she certainly gathers no moss ;^)
and good to hear LSTNT - haven't listened to it for a long, long time

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: March 18, 2011 17:53

She kinda looks like Anita, not her face, but her hair, style, etc.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 18, 2011 17:55

Yea...She has long, straight blonde hair and she's pretty!!! Dead ringer....ha..

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: March 18, 2011 17:57

Well, whatever...

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 18, 2011 18:00

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 18, 2011 18:03

Stones78----only kidding you....She does look a lot like Anita in the picture!! HOT.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 18, 2011 18:24

stones78
She kinda looks like Anita, not her face, but her hair, style, etc.

that's the whole point of the ad...70's icon revisited via Kate Moss.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 18, 2011 18:43

Cute couple.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 18, 2011 19:17

She is one of anita and mariannes desciples.....of course before mf accused her of "copying me"....shes also close friends with jade....that was actually the first stones connection i was aware of.....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 18, 2011 21:00

She made headlines during 'no smoking day' by sparking up on the catwalk: Ooohh.. naughty girl!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 18, 2011 21:15

............cute!!! and checking out Barbara Charone's writing...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 18, 2011 21:24

I don't think she looks like Anita at all in this - some of the outfits perhaps. Looks a little more Talitha Getty style to me though.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 18, 2011 21:28

Without Let Spend The Night Together I would probably think the same

Date: March 18, 2011 21:35

...the obvious is the blonde long hair, the smokey eye make up, the hot pants, the white, the hat...the less obvious is the country side, the St. Tropez sandal/white shirt dress (Nelcote).....and if that isn't obvious enough the music.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 18, 2011 22:53

I think Kate laments more than anything that she was born too late, and missed the 60s in London. She would have given anything to have been Anita or Marianne, but Pete Doherty is no Mick Jagger or Keith Richards, and Kate herself has no talent apart from modeling.

Date: March 18, 2011 22:57

Bliss
I think Kate laments more than anything that she was born too late, and missed the 60s in London. She would have given anything to have been Anita or Marianne

Yeah - I'm with Kate on this one. It's a nice fantasy.

Date: March 19, 2011 03:13

Big Al
She made headlines during 'no smoking day' by sparking up on the catwalk: Ooohh.. naughty girl!!

That one looks more like this:

[3.bp.blogspot.com]

Date: March 19, 2011 10:36

Photos Craig McDean

Date: March 19, 2011 10:50

CindyC
Bliss
I think Kate laments more than anything that she was born too late, and missed the 60s in London. She would have given anything to have been Anita or Marianne

Yeah - I'm with Kate on this one. It's a nice fantasy.

I never understand how any woman can feel this way. Apart from Charlie, they treated women very poorly. Anita and Marianne got their own back by having affairs of their own, but it's a hollow victory. Watch 'Blow Up' for an idealised but accurate representation of the era.

Anyway, I think Kate is a modern woman, and however she may dream about 60s London, she would never let herself be treated badly by a man.

Date: March 19, 2011 15:24

really??...you have an odd sense of a modern woman....what would you call her time with Pete Doherty.....co dependent drug fueled and abusive woud be 3 adjectives that come straight away....just sayin'

Date: March 19, 2011 16:06

I'd agree with co-dependent and drug-fuelled, but not abusive.

I would not say that Kate would be a second-class citizen in her r'ships with men, as the 60s women in Blow-Up were.

Date: March 19, 2011 16:13

Bliss

I never understand how any woman can feel this way. Apart from Charlie, they treated women very poorly. Anita and Marianne got their own back by having affairs of their own, but it's a hollow victory. Watch 'Blow Up' for an idealised but accurate representation of the era.

I said it was a fantasy - I'm sure the reality was not so great - it never is.

I just like to think about all those great looking people, dressed so cool all hanging out at the same places, feeling like you're changing the world etc... So I'm really just talking about what I imagine a night out for them must have been like, or hanging out and seeing all the cool clothes in the shops.

I've seen Blow Up many times so I can understand what you mean.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: March 20, 2011 00:48

stupidguy2
She is one of anita and mariannes desciples.....of course before mf accused her of "copying me"....shes also close friends with jade....that was actually the first stones connection i was aware of.....

Marianne was never stylish, like Anita and Bianca were. That's why I was surprised whenever she accused Kate of copying her style a couple of years ago. Every Sixties photo of Marianne has her wearing a little frock with lace collars or a button-up shirt with bell-bottoms. Her ensembles were downright frumpy compared to Anita's. Marianne naked, that's another story...

Date: March 20, 2011 06:25

gypsy18
stupidguy2
Marianne was never stylish, like Anita and Bianca were. That's why I was surprised whenever she accused Kate of copying her style a couple of years ago. Every Sixties photo of Marianne has her wearing a little frock with lace collars or a button-up shirt with bell-bottoms. Her ensembles were downright frumpy compared to Anita's. Marianne naked, that's another story...
Yeah....mf must have in one of her momensts of high drama....the kate-is-a-vampire diatribe was a bit much. at least anita lets it roll off her back.

Date: March 20, 2011 10:42

gypsy18
stupidguy2

I think you're comparing apples with oranges. The little dresses with lace collars and Mary Jane shoes were from the early to mid 60s; it was the fashion then. There was a line in the US called Young Edwardian. The early pics of Marianne show her wearing those. From 67, she dressed similarly to Anita. She had some very elegant things, such as the velvet jacket she wore to the ballet with Mick. As for her body, I can't recall any nude pics of Marianne, except one where she was on stage with Mick, bare-breasted; I would say Anita had the better body by far.

Bianca...I have never seen a photo from her time with Mick and through the 70s where she looked less than fantastic. She looks older now but still has impeccable style.

I understand Kate's aspirations. But it isn't just a matter of style or attitude. The late 60s was a high point of creativity and social change, and this social climate brought out the best from people in the arts. I have read this was due to post-war affluence. I hope a similar era will arise in our lifetime.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: March 20, 2011 16:42

I heard she bought Brian's coat he used to wear during the Satanic Majesties recording session back in 67. The one that was designed by Ossie Clark.

Rob

Date: March 20, 2011 17:40

originalstones
I heard she bought Brian's coat he used to wear during the Satanic Majesties recording session back in 67. The one that was designed by Ossie Clark.

Rob

I read that too. Any pic of Brian wearing that coat?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 21, 2011 01:03

>Watch 'Blow Up' for an idealised but accurate representation of the era.

I was curious about Mick's shirt on the LICKS tour that had the image of Vanessa Redgrave from that era. What sort of statement was that I wondered?

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: March 21, 2011 16:04

I've never thought she was much to look at before this video. In all those "Get the london look" ads she looks so fake . But she looks really beautiful here.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home