Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
'Mick Jagger has changed the lives of millions of people'
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 21, 2014 01:37

Nice quote from Jhumpa Lahiri!

Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

Mick Jagger, because he is someone who has not only changed the lives of millions of people for the better, but always inspires me to try to break the rules.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Re: 'Mick Jagger has changed the lives of millions of people'
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:42

She's right. + 1

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 21, 2014 04:04

Mick is the greatest frontman the world has seen. God bless him and be extremely thankful he's still performing.

happy easter iorr, great bunch of people

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 21, 2014 06:33

Nice tribute from a wise woman!cool smiley I hope that all of the love being sent his way is helping in his healing process.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 21, 2014 07:05

Gimme an F'in break!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 21, 2014 08:14

Somewhat of an exaggeration to say he's changed the lives of millions of people. I think it would be fair to say that the man is to be greatly admired and respected and is inspirational perhaps, but er .......... changing the lives of millions of people ? Steady there girl, calm yourself !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 21, 2014 10:57

paulywaul
Somewhat of an exaggeration to say he's changed the lives of millions of people. I think it would be fair to say that the man is to be greatly admired and respected and is inspirational perhaps, but er .......... changing the lives of millions of people ? Steady there girl, calm yourself !

well, the ticket prices are life-changing to many....

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 21, 2014 11:06

The Rolling Stones have made the world a more beautiful place,
generating incredible energy and giving everybody courage for years and years and years.
All kinds of blessings and well-being on all of 'em, for good.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 21, 2014 13:28

sonomastone
paulywaul

Don't know about life-changing ? A bit steep ... let us say !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: April 21, 2014 13:46

'Changed the lives of millions of people'. Really? He sings in a band...
There is Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King and Mick Jagger!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 21, 2014 13:56

It's pretty fair to say his energetic approach to life is practically a daily inspiration for lots of people and that's certainly an achievement for which he deserves to be cheered by not just the RS fans.

Just write it all down now Mick. Take those lines to the library in Weston and drink some bottles together and make some tunes out of it. It's what you did all your life and there's nothing more to do anyway...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 21, 2014 14:16

paulywaul
sonomastone
paulywaul

Don't know about life-changing ? A bit steep ... let us say !!

Well, I've been eating nothing else then baked beans on toast since November 2012; I'd say that's pretty life-changing... smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 21, 2014 14:35

RoughJusticeOnYa
Well, I've been eating nothing else then baked beans on toast since November 2012; I'd say that's pretty life-changing... smoking smiley

I guess that's also pretty life-changing for the people around you smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 21, 2014 14:53

Rolling Hansie
RoughJusticeOnYa

I guess that's also pretty life-changing for the people around you smiling smiley

...nobody around to testify, anymore. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 21, 2014 16:28

Beast

Mick Jagger always inspires me to try to break the rules.

MJ is a very talented song-writter but he certainly didn't break any rules, unlike Dylan for ex.

Date: April 21, 2014 18:00

dcba
Beast

MJ is a very talented song-writter but he certainly didn't break any rules, unlike Dylan for ex.

He demonstrates it isn't necessary...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2014 22:22

Dreamer
dcba
Beast

There was however that incident with the public urination...

Date: April 21, 2014 22:31

dcba
Beast

So putting a mic in your pants at 70 has always been a part of the game? winking smiley

Date: April 21, 2014 22:33

Making music that influence millions of fans, for 50 years, is life-changing in itself...

Date: April 21, 2014 22:39

DandelionPowderman
dcba
Beast

So putting a mic in your pants at 70 has always been a part of the game? winking smiley

Good one! thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 21, 2014 23:00

DandelionPowderman
dcba
Beast

Priceless, DP!! cool smiley

The man is inspiring for sure, agreed, Beast, for as long as he's been visibly out there!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: April 21, 2014 23:04

Can you imagine the world without the Stones? The sixties, the 70s,etc, etc? Yes of course they changed our lives...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 21, 2014 23:14

DandelionPowderman
dcba
Beast

Please. The man has created lots of music that is loved by people around the world and has thereby helped to bring happiness into the lives of many many people. That's enough. Music is a great thing and creating great music and enriching people's lives like that is a great accomplishment. No need to get ridiculous about "changing people's lives." It's just music, but it's enough. And yeah, the 60's and 70's would have happened without the Stones.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: April 21, 2014 23:37

The Stones are great inspiration and keep me thin and fit. That's life changing.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 22, 2014 00:11

Right, DANDELION! If that's all he ever did, but of course he has done so much behind the scenes...like giving millions to the Dartford School he attended as a boy...and in countless other ways that none of us will EVER know about, he HAS indeed changed lives for the better.
And without going into needless detail which would be boring to most, I just want to say that the kindness that he showed towards ME personally was life changing in that I expected that if I ever met him ( and both times Mick was a dream come true) it could never live up to my expectations....I had him up on a pedestal that one might call other-worldly--but he FAR exceeded anything I could have imagined. He was REAL, and beyond curtious, really extending himself in ways that have endeared him to me forever. That's why I truly hope he shows real signs of recovery after suffering such a massive shock.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 22, 2014 00:59

<<he has done so much behind the scenes...and in countless other ways that none of us will EVER know about>>

One of which just recently came to light--funding the legal defense for Sid Vicious in New York. This after having been slagged off so often by the punks and Pistols in particular, and which he did graciously and unselfishly without using it for promotional purposes let alone revealing it to the media. This gesture has earned him the respect of one John Lydon, who, as a result, when interviewed will not allow Mick and the Stones to be slagged anymore.

"I heard Mick Jagger got in there and brought lawyers into it on Sid’s behalf because I don’t think Malcolm lifted a finger. He just didn’t know what to do. For that, I have a good liking of Mick Jagger."
--John Lydon, November 2013

Full story at: [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

Lydon also discusses Jagger at one point in the 2013 British Masters interview segment below.

Date: April 22, 2014 02:50

treaclefingers
Dreamer
dcba
Beast

There was however that incident with the public urination...

That wasn't breaking the rules but doing something necessary smoking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 22, 2014 03:04

Besides, Bill was the biggest rule breaker because, according to Keith, he had the biggest bladder. In fact, if it weren't for Bill they might not have been caught by the station attendant.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 22, 2014 03:30

ChefGuevara
The Stones are great inspiration and keep me thin and fit. That's life changing.

I'm assuming that means you don't follow the shepherd pie Keith Richards diet, Chef. grinning smiley

Yes, I think the Stones are inspiring in many ways. Can't speak for the millions out there, but they have certainly brought me much happiness.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: April 22, 2014 15:55

I know Gandhi or M. Theresa didn'nt change my life. Mick did and always does.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home