Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Happy St. Patrick's Day !!
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 17, 2011 11:35

Re: OT: Happy St. Patrick's Day !!
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 11:54

May your beer be green
and your corned beef lean

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 17, 2011 11:59

Kermit says Hello!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 17, 2011 16:04

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 17, 2011 16:06

Adams marks St Patrick's Day in US
(UKPA) – 3 days ago

Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams is travelling to the US this week to celebrate a number of St Patrick's Day events in Washington and New York.

The newly-elected Louth TD has been invited to the White House reception by President Barack Obama and to the annual speakers lunch by the Speaker of the Congress.

Mr Adams will also meet the Friends of Ireland Committee, and other senior Congressional and Senate members in Washington.

Adams seems to spend a lot of time during St. Patrick's Day in the USA, he even marched in a parade in Buffalo a few years ago.

Date: March 17, 2011 16:08

Oh, geez, let's not get political here.

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: March 17, 2011 16:14

uhhhhhh

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 17, 2011 16:19

Lets all meet at Woodie's old house and have a beer!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Date: March 17, 2011 16:31

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 17, 2011 16:50

tonite's fare as always on this blessed day:

green-dyed harp beer
a pint or three of the dark stuff
tender corned beef and cabbage with green-dyed mashed potatoes

after-dinner car bombs

soundtrack for the evening: a lovely array of irish tunes for all ages and tastes.

slainte

gawd, i miss the homeland!

Date: March 17, 2011 17:01

Sweetcharmedlife ?

Date: March 17, 2011 17:05

Edith Grove
Sweetcharmedlife ?

Yes EG,SCL.smileys with beer
Green is the colour

Date: March 17, 2011 18:52

Edith Grove
Sweetcharmedlife ?

Yeah that him, he getting his playoff beard ready!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 17, 2011 19:37

I would bet that many here have heard The Stones Point theater Dublin 2003 show. For those who may not have, it is an appropriate St. Patrick's Day Stones show because Keith sings a few line from It's a Long Way to Tipperary and a very enthusiastic Irish audience joins in.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 17, 2011 19:54

Always after me Lucky Charms. They're magically delicious!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 17, 2011 21:23

Happy St. Patrick's Day indeed. I only wish that to most Americans being Irish for day didn't meant wearing green and getting pissed as a newt...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 17, 2011 21:24

ChrisM
Happy St. Patrick's Day indeed. I only wish that to most Americans being Irish for day didn't meant wearing green and getting pissed as a newt...

you mean there's more to it?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 17, 2011 21:30

I was there for both shows at The Point and as we were front of stage in a small venue it was magic. Keith spoke those words about 3 metres from where I was standing.September 11th or within a few days cos' some prat had ruined a minutes silence before The Stones came on.Great shows by a great band.Got the bootlegs as well. smoking smiley

Date: March 17, 2011 21:54

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:11

One of the worlds great days,like a whole loada worlds public holidays each and every one have their own nationalities and a day for celebration.Today is for the Irish all over the world.Have a great day. hot smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:40

Yep, it's good to be Irish, even if I'm only half Irish.
It's Derry not Londonderry, and I do love England.

Date: March 17, 2011 22:50

ChrisM
Would you rather we wore purple and got as pissed as a salamander?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:44

sweetcharmedlife
ChrisM
Would you rather we wore purple and got as pissed as a salamander?

Would you prefer them to be 'horny as a hog', or 'sneaky as a snake'?

Dirty as a dog, perhaps?

The thought is terrifying.

Date: March 17, 2011 23:59

Happy Saint Pattys day, its actually also Patti's birthday as well (keiths wife) smiling smiley

Date: March 18, 2011 00:22

SuperKeefFangirl18
Happy Saint Pattys day, its actually also Patti's birthday as well (keiths wife) smiling smiley

Wow !

Never knew that. Thanks !

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:47

An old one, but still good....

Two Irishmen are sitting together at the bar, drinking, not speaking to each other for about an hour or so.

Finally one looks at the other and asks, "so, where are you from?

He replies, "County Cork."

The first guy says, "County Cork? I'M from County Cork. Bartender, a Guinness for me friend here from County Cork."

Five minutes later he asks, "where did you go to school?"

The second guy replies, "St. Mary's."

The first guy gets excited and says "St. Mary's? I went to St. Mary's! Bartender, another Guinness for me friend here from St. Mary's."

Five minutes later he inquires, "so, what year did you graduate?"

"Seventy-two.

He says "Seventy-two?? I GRADUATED in seventy-two! We were classmates! Bartender, another Guinness for me friend here from the Class of '72!"

Five minutes later: So, what street did you live one?"

"Morningside Lane."

"MORNINGSIDE LANE??? I LIVED on Morningside Lane!! Bartender!!!! Another Guinness here for my friend from Morningside Lane!!"

Another guy at the other end of the bar motions the bartender over and asks, "so, what's THIS all about/"

The bartender says, "oh, it's the O'Malley twins, they're drunk again......"

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:54

Mongoose sounds like the Irishman I work with every day. He's in his fifties, and he's been in the U.S. for about 20 years. Gave him hell because the only thing green he had on today was an emblem on his hat. No fair it's not clothing!! I would say he's a jokester, but since he's Irish, I'll call him a quipster. Jokes take various amounts of time to tell, but quips seem to have a time limit and a rhythm. God love the Irish. Coming from my Scotch-Irish ass. Taap uh duh morrrrrnnnninnnnn to yaaas

'If dey nod teir head tree times dey got no idee wat I jess said'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-18 00:56 by Brue.

Date: March 18, 2011 14:45

Obama touts Irish Hertiage during St. Patricks Day celebrations, and will visit Ireland and Moneygall village in May

NEW YORK President Barack Obama found out years ago he had an Irish great-great-great-grandfather who fled the potato famine in 1850. He can now claim 28 living relatives who also descended from that Irishman, including a Vietnam veteran, a school nurse and a displeased Arizona Republican.

The president's newly identified relatives were revealed in a study released to The Associated Press by Ancestry.com, whose genealogists also traced descendants of 23 other Irish passengers on the ship that brought Falmouth Kearney to the United States at 19.

The survey allowed genealogists to further trace branches in Obama's family tree and others who arrived on the ship, known as the Marmion, on March 20, 1850.

According to the survey, the passengers' descendants live in Canada, Syria, and throughout the United States Among Obama's newly identified relatives is 83-year-old Dorma Lee Reese, of Tucson, Ariz.

"I'm not a Democrat, so I can't say I clapped," said Reese, a retired brain-imaging technologist. "I don't appreciate what he's done by any means, but I do appreciate that he holds that office."

Obama addressed his roots Thursday during a St. Patrick's Day luncheon at the Capitol.

"Now, speaking of ancestry, there has been some controversy about my own background," the president said. "Two years into my presidency, some are still bent on peddling rumors about my origins. So today I want to put all those rumors to rest. It is true my great-great-great-grandfather really was from Ireland."

After applause, he continued, "It's true. Moneygall, to be precise. I can't believe I have to keep pointing this out."

Obama also greeted Ireland's Taoiseach, or prime minister, Enda Kenny, at the White House. Obama said that he will visit Ireland in May as part of his trip to Britain and France for the G-8 summit.

From the Charlotte Observer.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: March 18, 2011 14:58

My St. Patrick's hangover says HI.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 18, 2011 15:15

Anyone else get invaded by the plastic Irish yesterday ?

You know the ones. They're about as Irish as Andy Townsend

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home