Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Georgia Jagger Remembers L'Wren Scott
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 16, 2014 23:23

Mick Jagger's Daughter Remembers L'Wren Scott

Georgia May Jagger has opened up publicly for the first time about the sad death of her father Mick Jagger's late girlfriend, L'Wren Scott. A month after the fashion designer was found dead in her Manhattan apartment, the 22-year-old model took to Instagram and posted a photo of herself with the fashion designer

"I miss L'wren so much and I am so sad she isn't here anymore. She was such a big part of my life," Jagger, 22, wrote. "I will never forget all the fun times we had together. She was part of our family and always will be. Rest in peace."

[abcnews.go.com]
[www.eonline.com]

Re: Georgia Jagger Remembers L'Wren Scott
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 16, 2014 23:29

Thanks, proudmary. Sad, but nice to read a tribute to L'Wren from one of the Jagger kids. I imagine she was a big part of their lives over the past decade.

Date: April 16, 2014 23:49

yes you're right,latebloomer
it's a little reminder that this tragedy really happened.
sometimes when you read this forum the silence is deafening

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 17, 2014 00:01

proudmary

Thank you for posting this proudmary.
I don't mind the silence... I don't like having discussions again about the freedom of speech.
Nice picture too!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 17, 2014 01:46

Very sweet of Georgia May. Thanks for posting.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 17, 2014 01:49

I wonder every day how Mick is doing....I worry about him ...sounds silly, but the lack of news IS deafening. I do want to respect his privacy, but I would love to know that he is returning to some of his normal activities. The Stones have been such a wonderful part of my life, always bringing such joy that when things aren't as they should be in Stonesland, it has made me sad. I know from past experiences that death takes away that easy smile, and Mick had that easy, big smile...sure hope it returns one day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-17 01:51 by mickschix.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 17, 2014 02:54

The lack of news is presumably because there isn't any, or none for public consumption, anyway. He'll be trying to come to terms with recent events, and getting ready for the upcoming return to work. Doubt if there's anything else to know.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2014 02:56

A deafening silence is good if it means that Mick is being left alone when he needs it most.

Date: April 17, 2014 03:15

Beast
A deafening silence is good if it means that Mick is being left alone when he needs it most.

Let's hope this is exactly what it means. smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 17, 2014 04:59

proudmary

I know what you mean. Just a few days ago one of my friends made a curious visit here, knowing I write here a lot, and she said to me, "Do you people know what your biggest hero is now going through? No any sign of empathy?" Well, what could I say to her? Just "well, all we worry about is if we we will get a ticket to his upcoming shows". That made me think that I hope that Mick Jagger doesn't personally check this site way too often... The official policy of "this private subject matter is not allowed to discuss at all" makes us all look a bit cold-hearted and selfish as "fans", like all we care about the man if he is able to give us a show or not...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-17 05:05 by Doxa.

Date: April 17, 2014 05:06

You could tell her, "Yes, we people know exactly what he's going through, and we expressed our sympathy, which was all we could do. To keep dwelling on the issue would do nobody any good at this stage, and we prefer to express our support for his return to the stage."

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 17, 2014 05:18

Oh yes, Aquamarine, I guess we did that. In some delated and closed threads weeks ago. Now no a sign of them. I guess that's the signal IORR wants to offer to a matter which interests quite a lot of people all around the world. A total silence.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-17 05:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 17, 2014 05:36

Couldn't agree me. He bring me such joy, I hate to think of the pain he must be in. I hate to say this but I wouldn't want to be at the first show.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 17, 2014 05:44

Mick is not the first person to suffer the special kind of pain that suicide brings. The work will focus his mind and the audience at Oslo will surround him with love, and that is the best way to move forward. Life goes on no matter what, it does no good to dwell too long on the bad.

Date: April 17, 2014 05:49

steffialicia
Couldn't agree me. He bring me such joy, I hate to think of the pain he must be in. I hate to say this but I wouldn't want to be at the first show.
This didn't read the way I intended...bottom line, I agree with those who are worried about him. Hopefully, he is getting back to training and work...it's always best to stay busy after such a loss.

Date: April 17, 2014 05:54

steffialicia
Couldn't agree more, He brings me such joy, I hate to think of the pain he must be in. I hate to say this but I wouldn't want to be at the first show.
This didn't read the way I intended...bottom line, I agree with those who are worried about him. Hopefully, he is getting back to training and work...it's always best to stay busy after such a loss.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 17, 2014 05:54

Doxa
proudmary

I know what you mean. Just a few days ago one of my friends made a curious visit here, knowing I write here a lot, and she said to me, "Do you people know what your biggest hero is now going through? No any sign of empathy?" Well, what could I say to her? Just "well, all we worry about is if we we will get a ticket to his upcoming shows". That made me think that I hope that Mick Jagger doesn't personally check this site way too often... The official policy of "this private subject matter is not allowed to discuss at all" makes us all look a bit cold-hearted and selfish as "fans", like all we care about the man if he is able to give us a show or not...

- Doxa

So true, my daughter asked the same.Tickets and set lists, blah blah.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 17, 2014 07:41

Sweet of Georgia...

My heart breaks, too, for Mick. He needs to process through all the stages of grief, and he's going to have to do it while on the stage. It reminds me of Elvis and Michael Jackson, who were basically forced to do a bunch of shows, when emotionally they were checked out. More and more shows were being added to the other MJ's schedule, while he was desperately struggling to get some sleep. I pray that Mick can get some much needed healing sleep.

For Mick, he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. Without him, all the people relying on him are out of work. The promoters, road crew, band and back up members, and all the ticket holders around the world--all depending on Mick to sing and dance for them.

It reminds me of Katy Perry's movie when her marriage was ending and she was so depressed she could hardly get up to get dressed to go on stage. She was warmly received, and it fueled her to go on, but...seriously, people need to process their grief. If it takes drugs to put Mick to sleep, and drugs to wake Mick up so he can perform like a monkey, then he's on the same road as Elvis and Michael Jackson, and I don't feel comfortable with that.

Mick is probably going to go thru with his commitments to his band and all the people invested in the Fire Tour, because he's a trouper, but I hope it doesn't lead to his demise, like it did with the other two guys.

I'm praying for you, Mick. Worried about you.

Forever his life is changed, however long that may be.

These are the stages of grief:[www.recover-from-grief.com]

Date: April 17, 2014 07:41

latebloomer
Mick is not the first person to suffer the special kind of pain that suicide brings. The work will focus his mind and the audience at Oslo will surround him with love, and that is the best way to move forward. Life goes on no matter what, it does no good to dwell too long on the bad.

Exactly. Plus I'm uncomfortable with some of the voyeuristic fascination with all aspects of somebody else's private tragedy, to be honest.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2014 11:59

Fair and true comment here:

[www.journal-online.co.uk]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 17, 2014 15:14

That was a very poignant article, BEAST, thanks for posting.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2014 15:32

Hard to imagine that L'Wren was the companion Georgia would have most associated with her father...they were together 13 years and she's only 22.

Date: April 17, 2014 16:12

Doxa
Oh yes, Aquamarine, I guess we did that. In some delated and closed threads weeks ago. Now no a sign of them. I guess that's the signal IORR wants to offer to a matter which interests quite a lot of people all around the world. A total silence.

- Doxa

I do not understand why we are not allowed to talk about it: not to express sympathy, not to try to figure out how this personal tragedy of band's leader can affect his and band's future. As you said, Doxa, all Mick threads were closed - as a result Jagger became a taboo topic on this forum(well, we're allowed to post his photos). I dare say WTF?
I do not buy the official policy of "it's private subject and it is not allowed to speculate about it at all". It's just nonsense. When Richards has fallen from the tree (or whatever there really happened) and went through brain surgery - quite private subject, right? - nobody closed numerous discussions on this topic. People "speculated" but what else to do without sufficient information and also expressed their sympathy and love and ask questions about the future of the band.
I just think too much attention and sympathy for Jagger - it's not what this forum is about

Date: April 17, 2014 16:20

proudmary
Doxa

- Doxa

I do not understand why we are not allowed to talk about it: not to express sympathy, not to try to figure out how this personal tragedy of band's leader can affect his and band's future. As you said, Doxa, all Mick threads were closed - as a result Jagger became a taboo topic on this forum(well, we're allowed to post his photos). I dare say WTF?
I do not buy the official policy of "it's private subject and it is not allowed to speculate about it at all". It's just nonsense. When Richards has fallen from the tree (or whatever there really happened) and went through brain surgery - quite private subject, right? - nobody closed numerous discussions on this topic. People "speculated" but what else to do without sufficient information and also expressed their sympathy and love and ask questions about the future of the band.
I just think too much attention and sympathy for Jagger - it's not what this forum is about

It's too bad but I guess it was a response to the over zealousness of a lot of the posts, creating a high tensions, anger and emotion and hurt feelings.

Some posters even accused others of being misogynistic...it was too bad there wasn't an opportunity for intelligent discussion.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 17, 2014 16:30

Kudos to Georgia for that tribute. Mick is a very strong person and I think the ovations he'll receive when next he takes the stage, as well as the healing aspect of making music with one's mates will only serve to help him get through his grief. At least I hope so.

Date: April 17, 2014 16:49

treaclefingers
Hard to imagine that L'Wren was the companion Georgia would have most associated with her father...they were together 13 years and she's only 22.

I would say it's easy to imagine...? Georgia knew her from 9 years old until 22; a very important time in your life I think.
Anyway; nice to say she remembers L'Wrenn like that.
Together with the pic of Keith & Otto this is much better gossip than there ever was in the RIP thread!

Date: April 17, 2014 16:56

Dreamer
treaclefingers

I would say it's easy to imagine...? Georgia knew her from 9 years old until 22; a very important time in your life I think.
Together with the pic of Keith & Otto this is much better gossip than there ever was in the RIP thread!

I agree with you...I meant something else entirely. Difficult for me to imagine simply because of my growing up and hearing about Jerry Hall, Bianca and Marianne. The L'Wren relationship was fairly low key by comparison, but obviously not if you grew up with her!

Very sad regardless.

Date: April 17, 2014 17:10

treaclefingers
Dreamer
treaclefingers

I agree with you...I meant something else entirely. Difficult for me to imagine simply because of my growing up and hearing about Jerry Hall, Bianca and Marianne. The L'Wren relationship was fairly low key by comparison, but obviously not if you grew up with her!

Very sad regardless.

That's nice of you to explain like that; now I understand what you meant.
Yes very sad.
I hope Mick can find his way out. I hope KR takes initiative in helping him...my guess is this would be appreciated enormously by Mick.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 17, 2014 17:11

Dreamer
treaclefingers

Right you are . . . only the good gossip here!!

Date: April 17, 2014 17:16

proudmary
Doxa

- Doxa

You misunderstand this. The threads were closed because a lot of posters showed an embarrasing disrespect - for Mick, for L'Wren and imo for the Stones - Doxa's post is spot on regarding how people behaved and what they were concerned about, only hours after her passing.

So, to sum it up, the disrespect for Mick was one of the main reasons.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home