Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT ~ Record Store Day
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 21, 2011 21:34

boston2006
Won't it be fun ??

Maybe it'll be snowing like it is here today .

Well, it kind of is fun standing around talking to the like minded geeks...everybody's got their 4"x6" scrap of paper that contains their 'shopping list', and everyone's comparing notes.

OK, you're right...not so bad. I'll bring an umbrella this year!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 3, 2011 23:34

This is a cool Record Store Day exclusive:

The third album from the late Alex Chilton's influential '70s rockers—commonly known simply as "Third"—is getting reissued on limited-edition vinyl by Omnivore Records, with a cool twist: Five copies of the album's original test pressings, signed by surviving Big Star member Jody Stephens, will be inserted at random into five of the 2,000 copies available worldwide.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 4, 2011 04:02

Coolest items:

1. Good Vibrations on a 78 rpm vinyl single.
2. The Grateful Dead's debut album in mono.
3. Riders On The Storm mono/stereo single

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-04 14:21 by tatters.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 4, 2011 17:48

How do we know that Brown Sugar is being backed with anything? The list I printed off on Friday doesn't list any B-Side.....

Date: April 5, 2011 02:46

This listing says it's a reproduction of the original 3-track ep with picture sleeve:

[www.banquetrecords.com]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 5, 2011 19:34

treaclefingers
OhNoNotMeAgain
[www.vvinyl.com]

Man...I hate this. Another HAVE TO HAVE, which will have me lining up in the morning rain in about 3 weeks, waiting for the store to open.

Which one?
BTW, I can't see anything about the Rolling Stones although I know there is a Stones' item, which I will get winking smiley

Date: April 6, 2011 15:51

Thanks Glam!!

Just so I know whether or not my Record Store Day Rolling Stones items are intact, was last year's Plundered My Soul the first 45" of theirs available on Record Store Day, or had there been others previously that I wasn't aware of?

thanks!
VL13

Date: April 12, 2011 17:22

Does anyone know the answer to my question posted above?

Also, time may have gotten rather tough for me, but I cannot avoid RSD - here's what I'm looking to get:

7” Singles
AC/DC
Shoot To Thrill / War Machine

Note: both tracks from forthcoming live dvd. No other plans to release audio from the forthcoming live DVD.

R.E.M.
R.E.M. THREE: First Three Singles from Collapse Into Now

Note: Includes 3 - 7" single 45 RPM discs of the first three singles from their new album, Collapse Into Now, each in individual art gatefold sleeves. All B-sides are previously unreleased. Disc 1. Mine Smell Like Honey/ Supernatural Superserious (live in Raleigh, NC) Disc 2. Oh My Heart/ Harborcoat (live in Riga, Latvia) Disc 3. ÜBerlin/ What's the Frequency, Kenneth? (live in Oslo, Norway)

Limited to 5,000

Rolling Stones
Brown Sugar / Bitch / Let It Rock

Note: The A-side and track one of the B-side are both taken from the landmark STICKY FINGERS album, while track two on the B-side is a super-rare Chuck Berry song. Hand Numbered

Limited to 5,000

10” Singles
Bruce Springsteen
Gotta Get The Feeling / Racing In The Street

Note: both tracks from the live Carousel performance

CD Singles
Jimi Hendrix
Fire / Touch You

Note: CD Single will feature alternate version of "Fire" from the WCSB box set as well as "Touch You," a previously unreleased 1967 studio recording made by the original Experience during sessions for what would later become Electric Ladyland, plus "Cat Talking To Me". That recording has only been available as part of the "Valleys Of Neptune" 45 in the US and has never been on CD.

V/A
Tribute to Jimi Hendrix

Note: 3 track cd single featuring Cee-Lo Green "Foxey Lady" & Santana "Spanish Castle Magic" plus a previously unreleased live version of "Purple Haze" recorded in March 2010 by Robert Randolph

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 12, 2011 17:53

Record Store Day here in Long Beach:

Foo Fighters at Fingerprints

[www.presstelegram.com]

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 12, 2011 18:41

Rolling Stones

Note: The A-side and track one of the B-side are both taken from the landmark STICKY FINGERS album, while track two on the B-side is a super-rare Chuck Berry song. Hand Numbered

Limited to 5,000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of these are already popping up on ebay . I asked one seller what his numbered release was and was told 5,181 , so this Limited Edition of 5,000 may be a false rumor as it was last year with PMS .

I'm still gonna get one though !! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-12 18:41 by boston2006.

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: April 12, 2011 18:51

I shall go down to the shop in Chatham which is participating.

The sad thing is that there are always lots of c**ts in the queue that are simply buying copies to put up on ebay a week or so later to make money. No real interest in music , A bit like some of those people queing for a signed copy of Keith's book.

Andy

Date: April 14, 2011 15:46

The only local independent record store here in upstate NY is rather lacking in selections for RSD as I found out last year, which was the first year in which I participated for the PMS 45" of course. So this year, I took to finding another record store in another state, submitted my wishlist and I should be hearing from them rather soon this morning as to what on my list I will be able to get.

I remember being so mad last year because I asked the guy if he was getting PMS and the Bruce record. He said yes, and then I asked if he could put 1 of each aside for me. He said that he didn't do that. I was down there standing in line a 1/2 hour prior to the store opening (again it's a 1-man shop, small area - only 4 other people there), and once I got in, I grabbed the ONLY copy of PMS and there were no copies of Bruce's record. Then while listening to a woman ask the owner if he had the Bruce record, this other guy walks up (apparently knew the guy well), and asks if he's got it for him. The owner then produces the lone copy of Bruce's record from under the counter, hands it to the guy, and says to the woman, see this is why I hate holding things.

So, this year, I'm spurning the local shop in hopes of getting more of the items on my list, namely the BS 45" and the Hendrix CDs!!!

Date: April 14, 2011 17:16

Say, did Bruce Springsteen have a special release for the initial 2008 RSD?

Date: April 14, 2011 20:11

I just called my store...I will have my copies of Brown Sugar...no problem.
So, what else should I get if possible? ACDC, Jimi Hendrix,...?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 14, 2011 20:15

Jimi's single looks interesting. One of the tunes is suppose to be un-released. I think the AC/DC material has already been released. I wish The Stones 45 would be colored vinyl, but it's probably black. Sometimes it's tough being a Stones fan, ha-ha.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: April 14, 2011 20:34

I can't believe nobody noticed this blatant spelling error on the rear sleeve of the Springsteen RSD 10":

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 15, 2011 00:54

It's srange indeed that they didn't notice that!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 15, 2011 04:40

boston2006
Rolling Stones

Limited to 5,000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of these are already popping up on ebay . I asked one seller what his numbered release was and was told 5,181 , so this Limited Edition of 5,000 may be a false rumor as it was last year with PMS .

I'm still gonna get one though !! winking smiley

Yes...it appears to be strictly numbered to the number of people that purchase them, and then some!

Date: April 15, 2011 05:53

I got my "Brown Sugar" ep today! Nice, solid picture sleeve, heavy vinyl, all good!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 15, 2011 05:57

I prefer the term "maxi-single". Elton John released a single like that. Two songs on the B-side. They were really short though, like 2:50 and 1:50.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 15, 2011 08:46

We have it here in Sweden too I've learned by now...a couple of second hand record shops have live-bands and stuff tomorrow..and also some extra for the record-buyers..and I'm out of financial resources..sad smiley

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-15 08:47 by Come On.

Date: April 15, 2011 15:52

frankotero
Jimi's single looks interesting. One of the tunes is suppose to be un-released. I think the AC/DC material has already been released. I wish The Stones 45 would be colored vinyl, but it's probably black. Sometimes it's tough being a Stones fan, ha-ha.

The AC/DC stuff is from their upcoming DVD/CD release....So as of now, it is not yet available. They are live tracks recorded from their most recent tour.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 15, 2011 16:34

Good news for the AC/DC single. I'll buy it then. Besides Brwon Sugar and Jimi Hendrix's single I'm hoping to score Joan Jetts album on clear vinyl.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 15, 2011 23:48

I'm covering the Foo Fighters in store here in So Cal

Date: April 16, 2011 13:28

So, who has the highest number? I have 5963 out of 5000 winking smiley

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 16, 2011 13:53

Oohh I can go much higher - mine is no. 7985 out 5000!

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: April 16, 2011 14:30

Grabbed the Ac/dc single and the Springsteen 10" - I'm a sucker for this stuff. Depressing to see so much up on Ebay already tho.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 16, 2011 14:31

VoodooLounge13

No. In 2009 he released a song of Working on adream backed with the live track A night with the Jersey devil

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 16, 2011 14:31

Could somebody help me with the Ryan Adams double 7". I won´t get it here in Austria?

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: April 16, 2011 19:45

bluesinc.
VoodooLounge13

No. In 2009 he released a song of Working on adream backed with the live track A night with the Jersey devil

Correct - the A-side of that 7" single was "What Love Can Do" ("A Night With The Jersey Devil" is a studio recording though, not a live track). However, in 2008, one Springsteen cut ("Girls In Their Summer Clothes" from the "Magic" album) was featured on a Various Artists "Record Store Day" vinyl compilation LP:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-16 19:46 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home