Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I love this,Get Up Stand Up by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 3, 2014 08:00

video: [www.shenzhenstuff.com]

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: I love this,Get Up Stand Up by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 3, 2014 08:41

mandu
video: [www.shenzhenstuff.com]

I remember them doing this at one of the Philadelphia shows in 2005. Is that where this version is from?

Date: April 3, 2014 08:47

not sure man just found this on a Chinese website

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: erad ()
Date: April 3, 2014 09:03

That is from the club show in Toronto in 2005 just before the start of the A Bigger Bang tour. It's also on the official boot from that concert which I find myself listening to surprisingly often. The vid can be found in much better quality on youtube.

Date: April 3, 2014 09:04

what other songs did they play during the club show

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 3, 2014 09:06

mandu
what other songs did they play during the club show

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 3, 2014 13:40

Ya mon all a them oppressed peoples in they 600 dollar seats got to stand up for they rights!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 3, 2014 13:42

Yes, I like it like it yes I do. Usually covers by The Rolling Stones are great.

Date: April 3, 2014 13:44

You can still buy it here: [www.stonesarchivestore.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 3, 2014 14:02

Saw them do it at Madison Square Garden in Sept 2004 b ut it was kinda sloppy. Glad they dropped it. It was during that whole era of doing pointless covers like Love Train and Night Time Is The Right Time. Think there was another one, perhaps by Sam & Dave too.

Date: April 3, 2014 14:08

Silver Dagger
Saw them do it at Madison Square Garden in Sept 2004 b ut it was kinda sloppy. Glad they dropped it. It was during that whole era of doing pointless covers like Love Train and Night Time Is The Right Time. Think there was another one, perhaps by Sam & Dave too.

Must be the soul version of (Walk And) Don't Look Back you're referring to here? Only played once on the Licks tour (2002), trainwreck-style...

Date: April 3, 2014 14:10

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Must be the soul version of (Walk And) Don't Look Back you're referring to here? Only played once on the Licks tour (2002), trainwreck-style...

No, not that. Maybe I'm mistaken. Thought there was another old soul cover done on one of the noughties tours.

Date: April 3, 2014 14:15

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

No, not that. Maybe I'm mistaken. Thought there was another old soul cover done on one of the noughties tours.

Can't Get Next To You?
Mr. Pitiful?

Date: April 3, 2014 14:44

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Can't Get Next To You?
Mr. Pitiful?

Yeah - those two. Add them to my hit list! >grinning smiley<

Date: April 3, 2014 14:50

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Can't Get Next To You?
Mr. Pitiful?

They also did Going To A Go Go, That's How Strong My Love Is, Ain't Too Proud To Beg and Just My Imagination - but of course none of those songs are pointless smiling smiley

Date: April 3, 2014 14:59

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Can't Get Next To You?
Mr. Pitiful?

They also did Going To A Go Go, That's How Strong My Love Is, Ain't Too Proud To Beg and Just My Imagination - but of course none of those songs are pointless smiling smiley

The version they did of That's How Strong My Love Is from the 2003 tour was eye-wateringly magnificent. I froze when I saw the version on Four Flicks from Paris and had to hold back the tears. Mick all but morphed back into his 1965 self there. I got chills and fever running down my spine right now just thinking about it. grinning smiley

Date: April 3, 2014 15:10

<The version they did of That's How Strong My Love Is from the 2003 tour was eye-wateringly magnificent.>

Absolutely! It was back to 1965 + something I had never seen before. Simply magnificent thumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 3, 2014 15:12

tatters
Ya mon all a them oppressed peoples in they 600 dollar seats got to stand up for they rights!

LOL..true, although in fairness the ticket price for this particular show was.... $10.00

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 3, 2014 15:43

tatters

club show was ten bob a piece, if I remember correctly.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 3, 2014 16:05

It was okay - but the groove is missing like with similar tracks.
"Charlie can't funk it up" - J.Beck. lol (but true).

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 3, 2014 16:35

RoughJusticeOnYa
tatters

That explains why it never made it into the stadium set. Would have been ridiculous.

Date: April 3, 2014 18:01

tatters
RoughJusticeOnYa
tatters

That explains why it never made it into the stadium set. Would have been ridiculous.

It was played in a stadium. East Hartford on August 26th, 2005.

By the way,it was far from pointless. I was there. I have been to 14 Stones concerts and that version of "Get Up,Stand Up" stands out as one of the highlights. It went over very well,at least in my section. The stage lights turned green and yellow .... the colors of the Jamaican flag.

This is from someone who is not a big supporter of having covers in their sets while original tracks from albums such as Exile on Main St. remain un-performed.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 4, 2014 00:17

Winning Ugly VXII

It was played in a stadium. East Hartford on August 26th, 2005.

By the way,it was far from pointless. I was there. I have been to 14 Stones concerts and that version of "Get Up,Stand Up" stands out as one of the highlights. It went over very well,at least in my section. The stage lights turned green and yellow .... the colors of the Jamaican flag.

This is from someone who is not a big supporter of having covers in their sets while original tracks from albums such as Exile on Main St. remain un-performed.

+1. I was also lucky enough to see it at this show. We could pretend that we were part of the downtrodden masses for a few minutes. It's a pity they lost interest in it, while "Night Time ..." got played out. More Peter Tosh covers would be welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 00:38 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 4, 2014 00:31

DandelionPowderman
<The version they did of That's How Strong My Love Is from the 2003 tour was eye-wateringly magnificent.>

Absolutely! It was back to 1965 + something I had never seen before. Simply magnificent thumbs up

Can this be found online?

Date: April 4, 2014 00:34

MingSubu
DandelionPowderman

Try to search on YT for THSMLI Paris 2003 or Four Flicks.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: April 4, 2014 00:35

MingSubu
DandelionPowderman

The Palais Royale version is on youtube under the Stones official channel I believe, it is excellent.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 4, 2014 00:41

Great, thanks erad!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 4, 2014 01:32

erad
MingSubu
DandelionPowderman

The Palais Royale version is on youtube under the Stones official channel I believe, it is excellent.

The official version is from Paris Olympia (taken from Four Flicks). It wasnt played at the Palais Royale warm up gig.

Stunning performance

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 4, 2014 02:05

Gazza
erad
MingSubu
DandelionPowderman

The official version is from Paris Olympia (taken from Four Flicks). It wasnt played at the Palais Royale warm up gig.

Stunning performance

video: [www.youtube.com]

Absolutely fantastic...love when they go 'off script' and it works so incredibly well. Felt the same way about The Nearness of You and Worried About You on Four Flicks, (and Toronto 2 last year for W.A.Y).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home