Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Please release the complete Leeds 1982 video
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 04:52

I was looking at the Leeds 1982 clips on Youtube today. I really really love them. In my personal taste the video shooting is much better than Hampton and the quality is excellent. I hope there will be a full release in the future.

Re: Please release the complete Leeds 1982 video
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 9, 2014 05:23

Please release the complete Leeds 1971.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: March 9, 2014 05:46

Anyone know if this gig was shot on film or videotape?

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 07:35

I would love to see a full release of the '82 Leeds concert. One could argue that it was the last "real" Stones show. The last time they played with so much fire and passion (especially Keith). It was really also the last time the Stones relied on the performances of the five main members as opposed to relying too much on Chuck Leavell, back-up singers, and a huge brass section, which is basically what they've done since 1989. I really want to see this whole show. To whom do we go with this?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 9, 2014 08:13

> It was really also the last time the Stones relied on the performances of the five main members as opposed to relying too much on Chuck Leavell, back-up singers, and a huge brass section

100 Club, 1986

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 9, 2014 10:41

Sam4741
I would love to see a full release of the '82 Leeds concert. One could argue that it was the last "real" Stones show. The last time they played with so much fire and passion (especially Keith). It was really also the last time the Stones relied on the performances of the five main members as opposed to relying too much on Chuck Leavell, back-up singers, and a huge brass section, which is basically what they've done since 1989. I really want to see this whole show. To whom do we go with this?

Yes, please, I couldn't agree more.

I have listened the officially released flac audio files so many times and I just can't get enough. The raw energy and Keith's guitar playing are just awesome.

Please, release the whole video as a blu-ray disc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 11:14

Please do I would sell my soul to have been there. Could be a double box set with Hampton 1981

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 9, 2014 11:20

Just the Leeds 82 would very much do for me. 1981 had been documented more than enough...
And as a historic document, Leeds '82 in unsurpassed.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 9, 2014 11:44

It looks like the videos may be from the overhead screen feed as there are lots of close ups. Probably not considered good enough for release.

Would I like to see it ?........of course - I was there !

sc uk

Posted by: piet ()
Date: March 9, 2014 12:42

straycatuk
It looks like the videos may be from the overhead screen feed as there are lots of close ups. Probably not considered good enough for release.

sc uk

Did they use video screens as early as 82? I was at several shows but I can't remember any screens. But perhaps it is my memory that is failing me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 12:48 by piet.

Date: March 9, 2014 12:52

Wonderful loose energy...

Keith looks very cool, and very skinny...

I wonder where is that jacket now that Mick is using?

And how about that ridiculous bass Bill is playing?

What was the time of the day when that concert took place,

it look's like it's afternoon or something like that, nowadays it's a little bit weird or what?

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 13:35

piet
straycatuk

sc uk

Did they use video screens as early as 82? I was at several shows but I can't remember any screens. But perhaps it is my memory that is failing me.

I was there - and have got the Yorkshire Evening Post "Rolling Stones Special" and the reports and pictures from the Yorkshire Post and Yorkshire Evening Post on Monday July 26th 1982.

Pictures show that there was "a huge video screen on top of the stage"

I'll try and find the time to scan them in and post them here smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 14:46 by stoneman333.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 9, 2014 14:24

"And how about that ridiculous bass Bill is playing?"

That's a Steinberger mate, Beautiful instruments. Played a couple meself and they're great!!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:09

Please release the Who Live At Leeds...while you're at it
I thiunk it was around 68 or 69...thanks

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:31

they're playing and moving around at the same speed as the sped up tape on LSTNT.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 9, 2014 17:13

I'm for a release. I would even consider a 81/82 package: Leeds and Hampton. LSTNT was always a disappointment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 17:22 by Stoneage.

Date: March 9, 2014 18:08

Does anybody know if the original tapes from the LSTNT shows still exist? They could release these shows unedited and complete on blu ray

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:33

hockenheim95
Does anybody know if the original tapes from the LSTNT shows still exist? They could release these shows unedited and complete on blu ray

They say that Hal Ashby kept all the tapes, and maybe even destroyed them after making the final movie, it's not in RS' vaults

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:35

Is it an American vs. European thing? As an American I prefer Hampton, Leeds 82 reminds me too much of the LSTNT film, which I can't even watch now. Leeds & LSTNT seem too sped up. But I guess if you were there in Europe you feel more sentimental about it.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:35

I was at this gig. A load of us went up to Leeds in a coach from Dartford. I recall it was a hot day, huge crowd, the pubs were packed near the park.

I remember the Joe Jackson band was one of the support acts and went down well with the crowd. I can't recall what time the Stones came on stage but it was still day light.

I saw Bruce Springsteen at the same venue a few years later on the 'Born in the USA' tour.

Would love this show to be released on DVD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 18:36 by DartfordRenegade.

Date: March 9, 2014 18:38

Erik_Snow
hockenheim95

They say that Hal Ashby kept all the tapes, and maybe even destroyed them after making the final movie, it's not in RS' vaults

that's a shame

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: March 9, 2014 20:40

bonddm
Anyone know if this gig was shot on film or videotape?

Videotape (unlike LSTNT)

Date: March 9, 2014 20:41

hockenheim95

Let's Spend the Night Together is out on Blu-Ray (Japan only). I assume the masters were used?

Date: March 9, 2014 20:44

piet

Led Zeppelin used video screens in the mid-late 70's

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 9, 2014 20:54

What's the big deal on whether something is videotape or film? I much prefer a good videotape image. It's more realistic.

Date: March 9, 2014 20:55

Youngie
hockenheim95

Let's Spend the Night Together is out on Blu-Ray (Japan only). I assume the masters were used?

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Do you know if this is playable in Region B (Europe) blu-ray players?

Date: March 9, 2014 21:13

24FPS
What's the big deal on whether something is videotape or film? I much prefer a good videotape image. It's more realistic.

Well film is HD (and almost always widescreen) whereas videotape will only ever be SD. Blu Ray is no use for Standard Definition videotaped material.

Date: March 9, 2014 21:14

rollingon
Do you know if this is playable in Region B (Europe) blu-ray players?

Unfortunately no it isn't. I'm from Ireland so am in the same boat as you. Maybe one day we'll get a Euro release of LSTNT...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 21:16 by Youngie.

Date: March 9, 2014 21:33

Great show, lovely release. A DVD would be more than welcomed thumbs up

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 9, 2014 23:45

Glam Descendant
> It was really also the last time the Stones relied on the performances of the five main members as opposed to relying too much on Chuck Leavell, back-up singers, and a huge brass section

100 Club, 1986

Actually, 1982 is correct, in terms of public performances.

The Ian Stewart tribute was a private invite-only event, and the only audio of the show was taped by Paul McCartney, which is why it has never been bootlegged.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home