Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Being Mick
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 28, 2014 16:58

Watched this again tonight.
Good doco..
I like it when jagger shows interest in his music..always passionate.
Thoughts?

Re: Being Mick
Date: February 28, 2014 17:02

Very good documentary, imo.

It was interesting to see Marti Fredriksen telling Mick how to sing Too Far Gone - I wonder if that one was staged... winking smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 28, 2014 17:14

True.
It did actually feel weird watching it..like telling your dad how to be a father. .
Weird.
Probably staged.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: February 28, 2014 18:07

I don't think the bit with Marti Fredriksen was staged. I guess Mick drafted in all those different producers so he could get their particular input - whether he decided to use it or not.

I found the parts with Wyclef Jean more awkward - Some naff rapping over the backing track followed by, "Yeh Mick, this is how we gonna do it..." (Cue raising of Jagger eyebrows).

I liked the bit when he came out of the meeting with the Stones (Pre 40 licks tour I guess) - sweating profusely. And Keith looking cool as a cucumber taking the piss out of Ronnie's car.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: February 28, 2014 18:13

Keith was in Being Mick? I remember the scene of Ronnie and his car but where is Keith?

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: February 28, 2014 18:35

Think you see him going up to all the chauffeurs hanging around outside and asking 'how much?' then pointing at Ronnie's car saying something like 'What a piece of crap'. I watched that doc a few times actually. Found it quite fascinating.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: February 28, 2014 18:40

MMmmm. I have the US version of Being Mick and don't remember that. Guess I have homework for the weekend. Cheers.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 28, 2014 19:52

THE UK VERSION IS LIGHTLY DIFFERENT

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 28, 2014 20:49

Good documentary, even though it's just a promo tool for his solo album. thumbs up

Date: February 28, 2014 20:51

Interesting footage indeed.
Weird to see the sequence with Bono at the Michelin-2**-cook-hotel probably midweek-recorded and livin' 2 km near that place (at that time) and not realising it.
The passport-situation is toooooo funnyyyyyy! "I sink ju must haff it!!"...
grinning smiley

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 28, 2014 22:30

His Majesty
Good documentary, even though it's just a promo tool for his solo album. thumbs up
WHICH TANKED HORRIBLY.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: February 28, 2014 22:50

Doc was broadcast on ABC, if I recall. It, too, tanked horribly.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 28, 2014 22:53

I'm sure I saw it on PBS, which seems weird. confused smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 1, 2014 01:44

Hum, need to track down that UK version too...actually the US version I have is really low res too so that wouldn't hurt. Was it ever released officially as a DVD?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 1, 2014 02:09

gotdablouse
Hum, need to track down that UK version too...actually the US version I have is really low res too so that wouldn't hurt. Was it ever released officially as a DVD?

Yes with several bonuses.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: March 1, 2014 14:59

Great stuff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2155
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home