Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Familiar Looking Strangers
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 5, 2014 18:13

Just wondering if anyone here has heard of this band from Liverpool and your thoughts on them. They were here in the states recording an album and doing some live shows and I thought they were pretty good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 20:26 by bv.

Re: Familiar Looking Strangers
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 5, 2014 18:17

No Steve, I haven't, sorry. But since you are an old time member of IORR, you should know that when a thread is Off Topic (not Stones) you should put OT: in the title of the thread.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 5, 2014 18:25

Rolling Hansie
No Steve, I haven't, sorry. But since you are an old time member of IORR, you should know that when a thread is Off Topic (not Stones) you should put OT: in the title of the thread.

Sorry about that. Does it count if I thought they kind of had a Stones sound? I will be more careful in the future.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: January 5, 2014 19:46

Rolling Hansie
you should know that when a thread is Off Topic (not Stones) you should put OT: in the title of the thread.

Date: January 5, 2014 21:26

mighty stork
Does it count if I thought they kind of had a Stones sound?

Absolutely. Sorry, I didn't know that smiling smiley

-------------------

Re: OT: Familiar Looking Strangers
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 5, 2014 21:49

some videos of them [www.youtube.com]

Date: January 5, 2014 22:44

MILKYWAY

Ah yes, my old nanny. Always thought it was you. Thank you so much for revealing your true identity. How lovely

-------------------

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 5, 2014 23:03

Like the band name.

Date: January 6, 2014 02:46

Rolling Hansie
Ah yes, my old nanny. Always thought it was you. Thank you so much for revealing your true identity. How lovely

And you used to remind the teacher when she forgot to assign homework.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 6, 2014 03:39

They don't look familiar--wait! Is that John Fogerty singing lead?.... No, guess not. Hey! That guy on the left--that's Mick Jones from the Clash.... No, familiar looking but still a stranger. That guy on the far right--is that Mark Knopfler?.... No, must be the lighting or something. Hey! That guy in the red shirt is Johnny Marr.... No, only at first glance.

Well, I suppose they are aptly named--they do look somewhat familiar, for a group of strangers.

Date: January 6, 2014 17:47

MILKYWAY
Rolling Hansie

And you used to remind the teacher when she forgot to assign homework.

Yes nanny, but only because you threatened me with severe punishment if I didn't do so

-------------------

Date: January 7, 2014 02:08

Rolling Hansie
Yes nanny, but only because you threatened me with severe punishment if I didn't do so

I am just giving you a hard time for scolding the OP for not using the OT prefix. Too many bosses.

Never heard of Familiar Looking Strangers. I will have to go onto youtube and listen to a few clips. I do not listen to many newer bands. My brother said once that my music collection ends at the year 1980.

Date: January 7, 2014 10:29

MILKYWAY
I am just giving you a hard time

Good luck then smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Date: January 7, 2014 17:54

They have some songs posted on their website. I think the song "The Letter" is pretty darn good. [www.familiarlookingstrangers.com]

The videos on YouTube show more acoustic performances but when I saw them live they rocked pretty hard.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: January 8, 2014 00:23

MILKYWAY
Rolling Hansie

I am just giving you a hard time for scolding the OP for not using the OT prefix. Too many bosses.

Never heard of Familiar Looking Strangers. I will have to go onto youtube and listen to a few clips. I do not listen to many newer bands. My brother said once that my music collection ends at the year 1980.

Thank you, thank you.....

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: January 8, 2014 11:28

MILKYWAY
Rolling Hansie
you should know that when a thread is Off Topic (not Stones) you should put OT: in the title of the thread.

Damn, she looks fierce! eye popping smiley

Date: January 8, 2014 19:38

MILKYWAY
Rolling Hansie

OK I know I was off topic but this old lady is getting way more comments than the band I asked about. I truly was wondering what others thought of them and as usual we're talking about everything but the original subject which was have you heard of them and what do you think of their music.

Date: January 18, 2014 20:16

So after more than two weeks all I have gotten was some babble and a repeating picture of some old lady. Did anyone take the time to listen to them? Must be pretty good since they are rumored to open some shows for Hawkwind this year. The show I saw they opened for Sheryl Crow and got a good response from her audience.

Date: February 7, 2014 23:18

Updating about this band because I just saw that they are opening for Badfinger when they come to town. They are also in the works to open for some other big name bands this spring/summer although I'm not sure who yet (might be Hawkwind). Again just wondering if anyone has listened to or seen them?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home