Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Ronnie's tone
Date: March 27, 2011 18:57

Akkerman isn't too bad, actually. But his knowledge of rock'n'roll is limited, to put it mildly smiling smiley

Although I saw some clips of him trying to sound a bit rock-ish. Do you remember the name of Akkerman's "rock project", Amsterdamned?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2011 19:09

You're a fast guy. winking smiley

Akkeman is not my no 1 favourite player, but I think he still is a more versatile and better Rock player than you, me and Ron together.Ive seen him many times cause he plays in holland a lot.

If you got the patience to listen to this: he rocks rather well if you're not afraid of a Maj7 chord.

But Let's leave MR Akkerman out of the dicussion Me quoting him was meant as a metaphor.
I think Ronnies tone is one of his minor points (with the Stones)
But each to his own.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-27 19:51 by Amsterdamned.

Date: March 27, 2011 19:12

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-27 19:13 by Amsterdamned.

Date: March 28, 2011 11:32

grinning smiley Thanks for the video.

I still think Mr. Akkerman should stick to Tabernakel or "3" or other stuff as far from rock'n'roll as possible. This doesn't swing at all, imo. But he's a good player at what he does. As I've said numerous time, playing rock'n'roll has nothing to do with being the best, imo.

Afraid of maj7-chords? LOL! I have one or two in every other song I write.

I've been playing, or more precisely writing songs lately inspired by this guy (Norway's finest, imo).

When his bass player died, he built a special mike for the bass strings on his guitar, so he could get an upright bass sound that he could play simultaneously with the licks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-28 18:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 28, 2011 12:08

Great videos DP,I like this player.thumbs up

I think we differ in perception or defining rock and roll,when it comes to feeling and timing.

Ive seen Akkerman (He was born in A'dam and living not far from my place)
playing Hendrix in a local music store :the best copy Ive ever heard,timing and feeling included.
He knows his stuff. He also did some Chuck Berry licks, for fun ..same story.

He just doesn't need or wants to do that, he grew his own.
Cut of his pinky finger, put a gun against his head, or pay a lot, and you get the perfect Wood or whatever R&R. That's Akkerman.

He can do that..he convinced me, but he's a guitar slut. Frustrating. I know how it feels. winking smiley

Let's forget about him.
This is your thread.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-28 12:42 by Amsterdamned.

Date: April 10, 2011 20:40

I still think Mr. Akkerman should stick to Tabernakel or "3" or other stuff as far from rock'n'roll as possible. <DandelionPowderman.>

He rocks pretty well here imo:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-10 20:42 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 10, 2011 21:19

Thanks for that video Amsterdamned. If my old memory serves me well, that was my first Pinkpop Festival. What I do remember for sure is, that I was very much impressed with Focus then.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home