Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Are any of the Stones Freemasons?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 12, 2012 16:05

One of the few Stones-related questions I've never seen asked on here.

Re: Are any of the Stones Freemasons?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 12, 2012 16:11

Elmo I believe you're going to get plenty of funny responses to your question.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 12, 2012 16:32

No.

Famous masons include (p)Rick Wakeman, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, John Wayne, Jim Davidson, Carl Perkins, but no Beatles nor Stones.

Date: July 12, 2012 16:39

rollmops
Elmo I believe you're going to get plenty of funny responses to your question.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Yeah, writing Stone masons was a little too obvious! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 12, 2012 16:41

I don't think the Stones have done anything free, let alone quality masonry

Posted by: bluesharp ()
Date: July 12, 2012 16:44

Perhaps the knight?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 12, 2012 16:59

Only in Pink Floyd

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 17:22

Judging by some of the silly walks I've seen Mick do onstage, I submit it is possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-12 17:28 by Stones62.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 12, 2012 17:24

John Entwhistle was. I could see Bill doing the whole secret society thing. Especially if it involved the outrageous sex parties like in "Eyes Wide Shut".

Date: July 12, 2012 17:31

jazzbass
John Entwhistle was. I could see Bill doing the whole secret society thing. Especially if it involved the outrageous sex parties like in "Eyes Wide Shut".

It doesn't, alas, involve outrageous sex parties: I think Kubrick may have been influenced, apart from Dream Novel, by Foucault's Pendulum for Eyes Wide Shut. It may be that Italian freemasonry is influenced by wild sex parties, bunga bunga, in that Berlusconi is a freemason.

I can state, quite categorically, that British freemasonry doesn't have wild sex parties: more's the pity, as it is just a bunch of blokes doing charitable fundraising, and meeting each other for a three course meal. Regrettably there are no strippers, or girls laid on for their delectation. I am a mason, and there's nothing odd, weird, or peculiar about it.

Date: July 12, 2012 18:05

tomcasagranda
jazzbass

It doesn't, alas, involve outrageous sex parties: I think Kubrick may have been influenced, apart from Dream Novel, by Foucault's Pendulum for Eyes Wide Shut. It may be that Italian freemasonry is influenced by wild sex parties, bunga bunga, in that Berlusconi is a freemason.

I can state, quite categorically, that British freemasonry doesn't have wild sex parties: more's the pity, as it is just a bunch of blokes doing charitable fundraising, and meeting each other for a three course meal. Regrettably there are no strippers, or girls laid on for their delectation. I am a mason, and there's nothing odd, weird, or peculiar about it.

I too am a Mason in the US. We're pretty much about charities and eating good meals too.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: July 12, 2012 18:09

Elmo Lewis
tomcasagranda
jazzbass

I too am a Mason in the US. We're pretty much about charities and eating good meals too.

It must be the same everywhere. My tongue was firmly in cheek re: Signor Berlusconi.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: July 12, 2012 18:18

My god...the evil secret society is amongst us! Beware!

Did you guys go to Yale too?! Charities, food, plots to control the world...

Date: July 12, 2012 18:40

lettingitbleed

Afraid not: I went to Reading University, after a spell at Saint David's University College, Lampeter. I wasn't a mason back then, as I was too busy getting a first class degree in Classics.

I have had no plans to control the world, or weigh up the world at large, as it's bad enough without plans for domination.

Date: July 12, 2012 18:41

I forgot: the only downside to university life was knowing a right tool that appeared on Big Brother in the UK - i.e. Jonty Stern.

Date: July 12, 2012 19:14

Mercer University - Harvard of the South, but no Skul and Bones, etc., just wine, women, and song.

Date: July 12, 2012 19:51

Elmo Lewis
Mercer University - Harvard of the South, but no Skul and Bones, etc., just wine, women, and song.

Elmo - Skull & Roses is the next cd I wish to buy.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 12, 2012 19:52

tomcasagranda
lettingitbleed

Afraid not: I went to Reading University, after a spell at Saint David's University College, Lampeter. I wasn't a mason back then, as I was too busy getting a first class degree in Classics.

I have had no plans to control the world, or weigh up the world at large, as it's bad enough without plans for domination.

I got a couple of good Stones boots in the record shop in Lampeter and two of my dogs (years ago) from a kennels near Tregaron, lovely part of Wales that...........albeit a bit remote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-12 19:53 by EddieByword.

Date: July 12, 2012 19:55

EddieByword
tomcasagranda
lettingitbleed

I got a couple of good Stones boots in the record shop in Lampeter and one of my dogs (years ago) from a kennels near Tregaron, lovely part of Wales that...........albeit a bit remote.

Ah ! You must have gone to Hags, the only record shop in the town: it was the first time that I heard the Bob Dylan 1966 Judas Bootleg was in Hags.

One of my former lecturers alerted me to that vinyl nugget: he also did a TV programme about art, and is Nigel Spivey, currently at Cambridge.

Date: July 12, 2012 19:55

tomcasagranda
EddieByword
tomcasagranda
lettingitbleed

PS: First time I took LSD was in Tregaron

I got a couple of good Stones boots in the record shop in Lampeter and one of my dogs (years ago) from a kennels near Tregaron, lovely part of Wales that...........albeit a bit remote.

Ah ! You must have gone to Hags, the only record shop in the town: it was the first time that I heard the Bob Dylan 1966 Judas Bootleg was in Hags.

One of my former lecturers alerted me to that vinyl nugget: he also did a TV programme about art, and is Nigel Spivey, currently at Cambridge.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: July 12, 2012 20:04

No, but their business manager is.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 12, 2012 20:04

tomcasagranda
tomcasagranda
EddieByword
tomcasagranda
lettingitbleed

PS: First time I took LSD was in Tregaron

I couldn't remember the name but yes that's the one.........google is a few years old but it might still be going......great old fashioned very interesting shop.... [maps.google.co.uk]

Funnily enough, (I just remembered) I also got Dylan boot there as well, Liverpool 2001 - Crystal Cat......................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-12 20:11 by EddieByword.

Date: July 12, 2012 20:58

Hags was around in 1990.

I think the owner became a town councillor.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 12, 2012 21:17

Keith's skull ring is a clue, right?
And the fact that he said he died and was reborn several times winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-12 21:18 by dcba.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 12, 2012 21:25

turtles yes, freemasons seems unlikely.

Date: July 12, 2012 22:43

Maybe they belong to the Bilderberg Group ?

Check out Jon Ronson's book Them:Travels with Extremists: it has some of the examples of what David Icke believes.

David Icke is a fervent believer that Kris Kristofferson was/is a 12ft lizard, and a member of the Bilderberg Group. The real meaning of Help Me Make It Through The Night is "Take the ribbon from your scales", and For The Good Times is about holding "Your warm and tender body" next to my scaly skin. Yeah right !

Maybe Mick, Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie are 12 ft lizards in disguise, but this isn't mentioned in Them. Prince Phillip is also a 12ft lizard according to David Icke, and a member of the Bilderberg Group.

Date: July 13, 2012 20:02

David Icke has obviously lost his mind. Jim Morrison was the Lizard King.

Posted by: daunbailo ()
Date: January 22, 2014 20:55

Nah!

By reading the exchanges above I get reinforced in thinking that none of them Stones are masons, though it woulda made for a great title!

On the other hand, I'd like to add my testimony to that of Tom Casagranda and Elmo Lewis.

I am a mason too, in Belgium, and nothing flippant has ever gone through. Just a group of people discussing the things of life and exchanging idea and experiences among themselves.

Frankie

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 22, 2014 21:17

tomcasagranda

I am a mason

Elmo Lewis

I too am a Mason

daunbailo

I am a mason too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-22 21:19 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 22, 2014 21:25

Freemasons in here:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home