Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Track Talk: Hot Stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 12, 2023 23:37

I always loved the studio version...especially when it's loud on a good stereo....very loud.
Never cared much for most live versions I've heard - none compare or come close to the original imo.

Re: Hot Stuff - the best live version?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 13, 2023 06:59

exilestones

That's a great version, really dig the horns!

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: July 13, 2023 09:16

For songs like Hot Stuff, and many other particular Stones songs, I have to be in the right mood, to really get me out of my head.But then they hit me 100 %.

Exept, for Rocks Off and Tumblin Dice, I'm always in the right mood for these 2 smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 13, 2023 09:26

Sara loves Hot Stuff .....
Makes her dance like a crazy gal .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 13, 2023 11:04

I've always been a little lukewarm towards Hot Stuff. I know it's - at least! - a very good song, but there's something holding me back from really loving it. I do like the chorus and the guitar-work is very impressive. I chalk my, somewhat, indifference down to this era not being my favourite of the Stones' phases.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 13, 2023 11:43

I like it but I don't think it's really a song

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 13, 2023 13:41

It’s just ok. SOUNDS wonderful on Black & Blue, the best sounding Stones record by quite a distance. But it never really goes anywhere.

El Mocambo is a great version of a good song.

Rod

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 13, 2023 13:45

bitusa2012
It’s just ok. SOUNDS wonderful on Black & Blue, the best sounding Stones record by quite a distance. But it never really goes anywhere.

El Mocambo is a great version of a good song.

Now that, I can get behind, definitely. Black & Blue certainly has a terrific sound. However, unlike their other truly superb-sounding record, Tattoo You, the former is lacking the songs to back-up the magnificent production. For me, anyway.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 13, 2023 13:55

Hairball
I always loved the studio version...especially when it's loud on a good stereo....very loud.
Never cared much for most live versions I've heard - none compare or come close to the original imo.

I agree 100%

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: July 18, 2023 02:03

When "Hot Stuff" came out in 1976, a lot of people said it showed the Stones were through. Disco was already three or four years old by then. Why were the Stones playing this old-hat music?

I think it's the weakest song on "Black and Blue," weaker even than "Crazy Mama."

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 18, 2023 04:02

I found Hot Stuff rather boring when the album came out, the song never really takes off (despite the nobel-prize-worthy lyrics). Hasn't changed much since.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 19, 2023 17:36

doitywoik
I found Hot Stuff rather boring when the album came out, the song never really takes off (despite the nobel-prize-worthy lyrics). Hasn't changed much since.

The song takes off with a big bass drum at 0:03 minutes.

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 19, 2023 17:45

Pietro
When "Hot Stuff" came out in 1976, a lot of people said it showed the Stones were through. Disco was already three or four years old by then. Why were the Stones playing this old-hat music?

The first real disco song is from 1973, and the popularity was at its highest between 1977 and mid 1979.

The Stones recorded Hott Stuff in March 1975, so they were quite on time.

An uncle of mine was a police officer in Amsterdam in the summer of 1976 -he says there wasn't a bar, club or coffeeshop that wasn't blasting the track.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home