Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones confessional
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: February 24, 2011 16:13

Gazza
stupidguy2
Oh, and Gazza, I've never seen The Man From whatever Fields, FreeJack, or any of Jagger movies after Ned Kelly....
He's embarrasingly obvious and too mannered.

I would have no qualms about skipping Ned Kelly, Freejack, Bent and especially that Faerie Tale Theatre cringefest 'The Nightingale' (what WAS he thinking??)

'The Man From Elysian Fields', however, I would like to see. I just dont think it got a release over here and I'm pretty sure its never been on TV.

I'm not sure where "over here" is, but it can be picked up very cheaply (just a couple of quid) secondhand on amazon.co.uk, as can Ned Kelly & Freejack, though the others were a little more expensive last time I checked.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 24, 2011 16:26

I am surprised and must confess to digging Keith's book more on the 3rd read through than the previous 2.

I also confess that Their Satanic Majesties Request is my favourite Rolling Stones album.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 24, 2011 17:01

I confess that my favourite Stone is Ian Stewart.
I also confess that I am not interested in any solo project from any Rolling Stone!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 24, 2011 17:41

I confess that my favourite Stone is Ian Stewart.

keith, is that you?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2011 20:02

treaclefingers
I'm reading Keith's book...it is a tough slough.

OK, it is picking up (1/3 of the way through), but quite meandering.

Posted by: TheBoss918 ()
Date: February 24, 2011 20:43

My favorite album is Bridges to Babylon.

After years and years of being a Stones fan, I hadn't seen Gimme Shelter until last week (what a BRILLIANT movie).

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 24, 2011 21:20

ineedadrink
i've never heard the bonus disc of Exile is what i truly meant (don't hurt me)
also, i've never heard any of their solo albums (except keith's and mick taylor's eponymous album)

Dude, you need to hear this... =) And turn it up dangit!

Can't believe this was only released on Amazon. This track and I'm Not Signifying are the two best outtake tracks from Exile!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 26, 2011 04:30

I picked up one of Keiths fag butts and we all had a drag on it..cool a'..smoking smiley

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 26, 2011 06:23

frankotero
I have no intention of reading Keefs book, might spoil the fandom for me.

You have to suffer through it just like the rest of us. Took me awhile to get through it because every two-three pages I'd nod off. I hit 40 pages one night, but those were few and far between.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 26, 2011 17:19

I got rid of my copy of Dirty Work....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 26, 2011 19:45

Sighunt
I got rid of my copy of Dirty Work....

a cleansing feeling, i'm sure....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 26, 2011 20:11

I don't have any UMe remasters and if all goes well I never will.

Oh wait, that's not a confession, that's just a fact. Nevermind. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 26, 2011 20:14

riverrat
Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It's been 4 years and 3 months since my last Rolling Stones concert.

I have had other Gods before them.
I have taken their name and their love in vain.
I have not honored Mick and Keith, even tho they are old enough to be my father.
I have coveted Mick's home in Mustique.

Haha, riverrat...

Let me add, I have coveted some of L'Wren's designer garments in her fashion shows, although they'd have
to be altered for me.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 26, 2011 23:39

I confess that I thought Ronnie was the one that kept Stones on the carpet the complete 2007 Tour...

smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: boymacwerter ()
Date: February 26, 2011 23:53

As much as I prefer the classic Stones from the 70's, I secretly love the fact that they have grown into something that is so big over the years that it has become more commercial than McDonald's.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2011 01:39

boymacwerter
As much as I prefer the classic Stones from the 70's, I secretly love the fact that they have grown into something that is so big over the years that it has become more commercial than McDonald's.

Mick, is that you?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 27, 2011 01:45

boymacwerter

yep, they're just like the rest of us, but they actually figured the way to
come out of exile big time.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 27, 2011 13:41

I didnt go and see the stones play in Shanghai

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: February 27, 2011 15:09

I've never seen them live. Before 81, I was just too young. For the 81 tour, I was 12, and I know some here saw them that young, but it was still too soon for me. They played Orlando, FL, only an hour away from me, but I had no money, or any way to go.

When they got back together in 89, I was twenty, but just wasn't interested. I didn't like Steel Wheels, and felt their time had passed. I've felt the same ever since.

Outside of a handful of songs, I'm not crazy about Exile, and have no interest in the re-issue. I don't think it's crap or anything like that, I respect it, I'm just not that crazy about it. What I've heard of the new tracks, they just don't appeal to me. Too modern sounding. I've got the I Give You Diamonds disc, which I love, and that's all I need.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 27, 2011 08:35

Was on my hands and knees two rows out from centre stage looking for a guitar pick Keith threw my way while The Stones were playing..and yelled out while I was still crawling about on the ground YES!..YES..I found it,I found it..and its my all..YES! It just so happened I got two picks that night..cool a'..smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-27 09:14 by colonial.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 27, 2011 08:46

I have been in the Stones inner circle for many years. You'd be shocked if you knew.....cool smiley

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 27, 2011 10:09

I've never seen " Stones In Exile".
I own it and it remains unopened .

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home