Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Townshend & Daltrey great tonite at TCT
Posted by: Bomber ()
Date: March 25, 2011 05:55

Re: OT Townshend & Daltrey great tonite at TCT
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 25, 2011 06:05

Cool,I didn't know Pete was going to be there. I thought it was just Roger. But couldn't they do something beside Baba O'Riley for the 1 Millionth time?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 25, 2011 06:06

They could do Behind Blue Eyes.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: March 25, 2011 09:14

Squeezebox!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 25, 2011 09:57

Rodge is doing surprisingly fine and Pete is surprisingly absent in this clip.
Surprises are nice!
Thanks for posting.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 25, 2011 11:15

As the song started I liked the way Pete caually said hello to the young guitarist next to him and shook his hand.He looked very smart in his dark suit.Was it the only number he did in the show? I know it was billed as Roger and his band playing Tommy. smileys with beer

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 25, 2011 14:27

Good stuff - but geez, are these guys not sick of the Royal Albert Hall by now?

Date: March 25, 2011 14:33

Great venue if you can get up close.Love seeing any band or artist there. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 25, 2011 14:36

crawdaddy
Great venue if you can get up close.Love seeing any band or artist there. >grinning smiley<

No, No - I'm sure it is. I've walked past it many a time and would love to see a show there. It's just that The Who always seem to be there... or perhaps it's just for The Teenage Cancer Trust.

Date: March 25, 2011 15:02

Big Al
crawdaddy

No, No - I'm sure it is. I've walked past it many a time and would love to see a show there. It's just that The Who always seem to be there... or perhaps it's just for The Teenage Cancer Trust.
You're dead right,although the last time they played London was Killing Cancer gig in January at Hammersmith.I get the feeling that all ''name''acts love to play RAH if they are on a nationwide tour.The Stones seem to be an exception though since I think I'm right in saying the only times they played there were NME shows back in the'60's.Could be wrong quite easily.Have to have a look at the complete works of The Rolling Stones. smoking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 25, 2011 18:45

great to see the "two" back together if only for 1 number. I read somewhere that Pete's hearing has got really bad.

scuk

Date: March 25, 2011 19:17

I was at The Killing Cancer gig in January and The Who were firing on all cylinders.Rogers' voice was great and Pete was playing in his usual loud and aggressive style at times. Wouldn't be surprised if they tour later in the year. winking smiley

Posted by: Bomber ()
Date: March 26, 2011 03:23

yea.. Pete killed it on Acid Queenthumbs up

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: March 26, 2011 10:16

crawdaddy
Big Al
crawdaddy

You're dead right,although the last time they played London was Killing Cancer gig in January at Hammersmith.I get the feeling that all ''name''acts love to play RAH if they are on a nationwide tour.The Stones seem to be an exception though since I think I'm right in saying the only times they played there were NME shows back in the'60's.Could be wrong quite easily.Have to have a look at the complete works of The Rolling Stones. smoking smiley

The NME shows were at Wembley Empire Pool, now known as Wembley Arena. They did play at the Albert Hall in the 60s though (that famous footage of them being mobbed in the 'Have You Seen Your Mother Baby' promo was filmed there).

Date: March 26, 2011 11:26

Bomber

Thanks bomber for another great number.After looking at above clip I watched some more great clips from the show on youtube.A few must have been taken in the choir area or back of the stage cos they are so close up and good sound quality.Wish I had been there.Still wondering how many songs Pete was on stage for.Anyone know ? Roll on the next Who tour. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Date: March 26, 2011 11:47

This ones a cracker.Big thanks to a1999f .He's got loads more of the gig I haven't had a chance to see yet. >grinning smiley<

Date: March 26, 2011 22:30

Bomber

Nice indeed.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 27, 2011 11:04

WOW! Acid Queen is classic! Incredible to see, and so very heartening. I do fear that age has taken it's toll on Townshend's hearing. What an incredible clip!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-27 11:49 by whitem8.

Date: March 27, 2011 11:18

whitem8
WOW! Acid Queen is classic! Incredible to see, and so very heartening. I do fear that age has taken it's tole on Townshend's hearing. What an incredible clip!
Yeah,it is just kind of cool to see Pete out there at least taking a chance and tackling this one solo acoustic.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 27, 2011 11:50

Yeah, he sounds classic on this, and playing some great guitar and wailing it! Right on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1264
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home