Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith on Little Steven's Underground Garage
Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: November 8, 2010 07:22

Listening to it now on 104.3 in NYC -- you guys should be digging this show anyways, but particularly as Keith is being interviewed this week (and next I think). So far they've talked a lot about the early days -- the clubs, the scene, learning to write...Little Steven has a great rapport and knowledge and is bringing out some good stuff from Keith. Plus as always he's playing lots of great tunes -- Stones and otherwise.

Not sure if you can hear it here or not but they do archive shows:

[www.littlestevensundergroundgarage.com]

Re: Keith on Little Steven's Underground Garage
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2010 09:01

Fanks Wry ..... a good listen.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 8, 2010 16:39

Wry Cooter - hee hee - great screen name!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 8, 2010 17:17

Signed up and listening to the archive of Pt I.
Very good tidbits of interview between tunes, thanks Wry C!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-08 17:17 by angee.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: November 8, 2010 19:41

smileys with beer My pleasure, Amigos/Amigas! I haven't seen or heard all the recent Keith interviews but I appreciate where Little Steven takes him in this one-- into the nuts and bolts of their early songwriting and the dynamics of being trailblazing hard core blues fans becoming pop stars (and releasing "Little Red Rooster" as a single!) -- not rote, same old same old. And again, this show is great every week.....

Date: November 23, 2010 07:08

Part 2 up now on Little Steven's Underground Garage .....

Interesting 1st segment about Mick...3rd segment about Jamaica/reggae
and 5th where Keith doesn't give-away too much but hints at tour and possibly new album next year

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 23, 2010 07:10

keith should guest ronnie's radio show

Date: November 23, 2010 07:16

YEAH ghost ...... ACE idea.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 23, 2010 08:52

'Little Steven's Underground Garage' cool smiley Is this Mafioso-guy doin radio? Who else is doin it...Dylan, Woods and...??? and so we can buy CD-boxes with their faces on with songs they have played on their radio-shows...Ha Ha Ha...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 23, 2010 10:18

little steven also compiled this christmas cd with keiths rudolph on it (first time on cd!)
[www.amazon.de]

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: December 9, 2013 06:47

This is the only Underground Garage thread I could find, but a bump because this week's episode seems to be dedicated to Ronnie. Missed the first hour but I haven't heard a single Stones track yet - tons of Faces, Beck, early solo Rod, Barbarians, live with Bo, interspersed with tons of interview clips... it's absolutely fantastic. Tune in on the radio or the website.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 9, 2013 07:18

JuanTCB
[borntorockandroll.com]

What a great website! Nice layout, covergirl, and range of topics. Probably looks great even on cellphone resolutions. It's almost like, even if you were actually searching for something else, and happened to type in the URL by mistake, you might find what you needed there, anyway. Who needs a search engine?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 9, 2013 11:52

Sipuncula
JuanTCB
[borntorockandroll.com]

What a great website! Nice layout, covergirl, and range of topics. Probably looks great even on cellphone resolutions. It's almost like, even if you were actually searching for something else, and happened to type in the URL by mistake, you might find what you needed there, anyway. Who needs a search engine?

...making up your mind between irony & sarcasm, aren't you?! winking smiley

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: December 11, 2013 05:29

Sipuncula
JuanTCB
[borntorockandroll.com]

You have to admit... she IS cute.

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: December 11, 2013 15:30

I have been listening to this show for years. This is not a vanity project. Little Steven knows his shit. I worked with his production group a few years back and they are great people. Highly recommended.

Who else besides Ronnie and Alice Cooper have a show? Doesn't Bob Dylan have one as well?

Mark
The Rock and Roll Report
www.rockandrollreport.com
"Where Rock and Roll is still an adventure!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home