Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The worst concert of all time
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:03

Can it get any worse than this? confused smiley

Re: The worst concert of all time
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:08

Brilliant

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:15

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (I know, WTF was I doing there) Thanksgiving 1976 - Macon, GA . Worst gig in history.

Date: February 22, 2011 03:17

The Keef take is pretty funny though.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:19

These kind of videos were funny the first hundred times people tried to show them to me.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:25

Sure 24FPS, I've seen it before too. But it's been a while. I stumbled upon it by chance and I couldn't help laughing at it again. But maybe I'm just silly?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:30

that keith video is dumb. atleast in this video the creator makes an attempt at making it seem real by mimicking the on screen movements.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2011 04:19

?fs=1

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: February 22, 2011 04:31

Elmo Lewis
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (I know, WTF was I doing there) Thanksgiving 1976 - Macon, GA . Worst gig in history.

Can't speak for the show you saw but I saw ELP in the mid 70's Oakland and they kicked ass!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 22, 2011 09:04

Boney M? Scritti Politti?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: February 22, 2011 11:04

Did you mean, the worst Stones concert of all time ?
what about London 82 ?!
Keith was out of his shoes !

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 22, 2011 11:24

Well, this is not a concert footage, but for the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world, it is really bad :-) (it has been posted before, but it is worth posting again)

[url=

[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-22 11:25 by Happy24.

Date: February 22, 2011 11:38

...That "Start me up" is pretty funny, Happy24!
Lmfao.
the keith 'tube' is lame. Really stupid! thumbs down

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 22, 2011 11:42

The George Harrison 1974 US tour was epic in its awfulness. The ex-Beatle was totally hoarse, and rewriting his back catalog ("Something in the way we move it," "while my guitar tries to smile," etc.), when he wasn't padding the set with band member feature numbers (FIVE Billy Preston songs!). It was enough to make him give up live performing until 1990.

For you masochists, the Fort Worth show is up on Traders Den.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: February 22, 2011 12:07

Wings and McCartneys Glasgow Apollo 1975. Help get me out of here.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: February 22, 2011 12:52

The worst concert i ever attended was Bruce Springsteen at Wembley Stadium on the Born In the USA tour, laughable bombastic tripe.

The worst concert ever for me though was seeing a Van Halen show on TV in the early 80`s it was hard to beleive how bad they were. THe drumming was totally out of time, certainly the worst drummer i ve ever heard, they looked like transvestite bag ladies, it was an outdoor show and Dave Lee Roth was just a total moron. The guitar was slightly out of tune and the famous Eddie Van Halen solos a car crash. The audience were all surfers on qualudes and were blissfully unaware how dismal it was. It was hilarious, Spinal Tap level crap.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 22, 2011 15:43

@ humanriff77 :
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 22, 2011 16:46

I found myself at a Robin Trower outdoor concert in Phoenix in the summer sometime in the mid 70s. I couldn't leave and was praying for death.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 22, 2011 16:53

The George Harrison 1974 US tour was epic in its awfulness. The ex-Beatle was totally hoarse, and rewriting his back catalog ("Something in the way we move it," "while my guitar tries to smile," etc.), when he wasn't padding the set with band member feature numbers (FIVE Billy Preston songs!). It was enough to make him give up live performing until 1990.

Not everybody have been on a George Harrison concert....I have only seen Ringo and that was not bad even if he sang 'Yellow Submarine'...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 22, 2011 17:18

not many bad, because when you go to see a concert usually you go to see somebody you like, but for example Santana in milano last october was very bad; if found him boring and even more boring when he speaks like a preacher..

maybe i am not ready yet to be saved from Santana..

I never liked him a lot, but i friend of mine asked me so many times to go with him because he was alone and i couldn't say no.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2011 18:35

Phil Collins era Genesis, mid-'80's, L.A. Dodger Stadium.
Def Leppard late '80's "in the round" at the L.A. Forum.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 22, 2011 19:12

like andrea said, there shouldn't be too many opportuities to witness a horrible concert - it's not like someone's got a gun to your back (in most cases, anyway).

so, generally i would think it would be a case where you didn't realize an act was doing something unusual - like the time i saw harry connick, of whom i'm a big fan, when he did his neo-pop schtick...the only time i think he's done something like that. not enjoyable for me.

so, aside from opening acts that might have bored or irritated me, can't really think of many shows i didn't enjoy at least a little....

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 22, 2011 19:15

Somebody dragged me to Ozzy Osbourne and Rob Zombie a couple of years ago and it was so bad I don't even think there's a word for it. I knew it was gonna suck but there was absolutely nothing redeeming about it.

Date: February 22, 2011 19:36

Brue
Somebody dragged me to Ozzy Osbourne and Rob Zombie a couple of years ago and it was so bad I don't even think there's a word for it. I knew it was gonna suck but there was absolutely nothing redeeming about it.

it gave you a reason to post on this thread; that's your redemption.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2011 19:39

StonesTod
Brue

it gave you a reason to post on this thread; that's your redemption.

I also got dragged to an Ozzy concert. Whilst I didn't spend any money, and it was free beer in a comfortable box seats, I had to listen to the man ramble incoherently for 2 hours. oh well, at least it was what i expected.

Date: February 22, 2011 19:45

comfortable seat and free beer? hell, i'd listen to sarah palin for two hours.......

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: February 22, 2011 19:48

The Beatles in Nice, France, in June 1965. They showed up on stage after two hours late. No apologize. Their sound could not been heard by the audience. They stayed on stage twenty minutes.They appeared on stage only to take money. Their gig was quite a shit. The Beatles had no respect for the audience.

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: February 22, 2011 19:51

Stoneage
Can it get any worse than this? confused smiley

Surely this is some kind of joke? No way this really happened--and who would put something like this on IORR? Maybe I'm missing the joke? cool smiley

Date: February 22, 2011 19:54

Georges
The Beatles in Nice, France, in June 1965. They showed up on stage after two hours late. No apologize. Their sound could not been heard by the audience. They stayed on stage twenty minutes.They appeared on stage only to take money. Their gig was quite a shit. The Beatles had no respect for the audience.

they'll never make it in this biz

Date: February 22, 2011 19:57

Georges

Wish I coulda been there.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home