Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

where does keith store his guitars?
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 21, 2011 13:56

just wondering where all those (hundreds?) beauties are stored. in a fireproof bunker? ;-)
and does he have his - lets say - 10 main guitars always with him?

Re: where does keith store his guitars?
Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 21, 2011 14:39

his got,3000 guitars,most of them were send by companies and he never even really played them.

his got a rented warehouse i think.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 21, 2011 15:50

not more infos?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-21 15:50 by guitarbastard.

Date: February 21, 2011 16:23

It was in newspapers not a long ago,the one i read was in finish,i think here was a thread about this,not sure.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 21, 2011 18:25

They have rental warehouses in London, LA and New York, and basically keep all guitars and amps there untill recording or touring takes place. I doubt Keith even has an electric at home these days.

I remember a nice picture of Chuch MaGee at home with all guitars of the Stones used on the '82 tour.

Mathijs

Date: February 21, 2011 18:57

YEP,Keith only have acoustic at home,in all pictures taken from his home,his with acoustic one.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 21, 2011 19:09

I know at least some guitars are (or were) stored between tours at the S.I.R. warehouse in NYC where a lot of bands store their touring equipment - under 24-hour security, I might add. I went there once with Chuch Magee right before the "No Security" tour in 1999 and it was amazing seeing all these road cases stacked to the ceiling, each containing a valuable (and often, historic) guitar. The cases had labels on the side so you could tell what guitar was inside without opening the case...'57 Telecaster,'62 Strat,'58 Les Paul,'62 Gibson ES-335,'74 Zematis, etc. It was vintage guitar heaven!! We spent the morning going through all this gear - picking out things that they were going to take out on that tour and opening each case for inspection. That afternoon we also went to a warehouse in New Jersey where more gear was being stored....amps, drums, monitors, etc. I've seen Keith's home in Connecticut and there are some other buildings on the property such as a converted stable that may also be used for storage. He keeps a couple of acoustic guitars (and perhaps an electric or two) around the house all the time. Whether or not he plays them these days is another story!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-21 21:45 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: February 21, 2011 21:00

I know at least some guitars are (or were) stored between tours at the SIR warehouse in NYC (under 24-hour security, I might add). I went there once with Chuch Magee before the "No Security" tour in 1999 and it was amazing seeing all these road cases stacked to the ceiling, each containing a valuable (and often, historic) guitar. You could read the labels on the side of the cases...1957 Telecaster, 1962 Strat, 1958 Les Paul, 1962 Gibson ES-335, 1974 Zematis, etc. It was vintage guitar heaven!! We spent the morning going through all this gear...picking out things that they were going to take out on that tour and opening each case for inspection. That afternoon we also went to a warehouse in New Jersey where more gear was being stored....amps, drums, monitors, etc. I've seen Keith's home in Connecticut and there are some other buildings on the property such as a converted stable that may also be used for storage. Keith keeps a couple of acoustic guitars (and perhaps an electric or two) around the house all the time. Whether or not he plays them these days is another story.

This demonstrates how great guy Chuch sure was (God bless him)
I remember a nice picture of Chuch MaGee at home with all guitars of the Stones used on the '82 tour.

I woul love to see this pic you mention Mathjis

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!
---------------------------------------------

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: February 21, 2011 21:03

Keith recorded some electric parts at Studio L in his basement. Those jams on the Marsha Hansen CD for instance. I would say one of the ES 355 was on some songs but Mathijs probably knows better !

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 22, 2011 03:09

Chuch was a great guy. Very friendly and he always seemed to be in a good mood. That's why the band liked him so much. He was also very good to the fans. Always generous at giving away guitar picks, setlists, drumsticks, etc. He is sorely missed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-22 06:03 by TornAndFried.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home